Home

(> ' . ')> St. Chaos' Player's Ball Sliders <(' . ' <)

This is a discussion on (> ' . ')> St. Chaos' Player's Ball Sliders <(' . ' <) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2010, 12:43 AM   #49
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: (> ' . ')> St. Chaos' Player's Ball Sliders <(' . ' <)

another reason why i chose the colts is because they were the last team i played and i remember the colts in that game resembling their real life counterparts...on everyone of their drives, i was crossing my fingers hoping that manning didn't successfully connect a bomb. unfortunately i didn't get that feeling when i played them today.

like you said, maybe it was just a fluke, but they could not get anything (and i mean ANYTHING) done on offense. weird.

i'll try to play another one maybe tonight or tomorrow and let you know, but i can't make any guarantees as i bought nba 2k11 yesterday

Old 10-07-2010, 12:58 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 6

Yeah, I get your point.

I played Vs. the Packers 3 times in a Row and pretty much had 3 different games.

There was the 600+ yard passing game w/ Rodgers barely completing anything and throwing 3 picks, preceded by a game where Rodgers torched me for 320 yards throwing only one pick where I had only 240 or so, followed by a game where neither QB got out of the 200s. Only consistency of the 3 games were rushing on my side of the ball. The CPU was dead on the rush.

But the vast majority of my games are in the correct range for both passers, so I have to go by that majority. Having 3 good games out of 4 in Madden is a damn great result lol.

It almost feels to me like there are random games in Madden where the sliders don't really apply at all... yet there are others when I can tweak them in game and see an immediate different.

I know rivalry games use a completely different set of rules, but I'm starting to see rivalry-ish occurrences happening randomly in non rival games.

Last edited by St. Chaos; 10-07-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:08 AM   #51
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

sorry, didn't see your question. i used 40 for speed threshold. i avoided playing a rivalry game because those are always crazy/random.

btw, is it possible to merge your cpu offense settings from the first set and the defensive settings from this latest one?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 08:27 AM   #52
Banned

You could try it, but I didn't test it really... I'll give em a shot later though, since I definitely didn't test em much with the lower pass reaction (as I had already tested them before, might have a different result now)

Go back to 56/58/36 for the cpu, that's what it was last. for passing.

31/46/73 for rushing (but everyone seemed to be killing the cpu with relatively ease... might want to leave it at 31/47/77)

I'll post it back up in case anyone else wants em until more testing is done on the new ones.

Last edited by St. Chaos; 10-07-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:18 PM   #53
Banned

More small adjustments...

Really need some feedback on the passing game. I'm seeing the CPU exploiting the hell out of mismatches today w/ pass reaction at 39. Favre just went 450 yards on my *** thanks to William Gay and too many wideouts for me to cover with the Steelers (4+ wideouts is too many, because Gay is just... bad...). Sidney Rice ate him alive, and kept feasting on yards until I put Ike Taylor on him, even then he was still making his catches (but only 7 or 8 yarders instead of 20 and 30).

Saw less "all over the place" swats from players that shouldn't be doing it. With that said, I decided to put Darrelle Revis back on my team for now to use him as a control for adjusting the slider. What I just had Vs. the Vikings was Moss getting only 1 catch.

CPU run game... I don't know wtf to do there... AP was locked down though. Working on it later tonight.

Last edited by St. Chaos; 10-07-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #54
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

what i did was mesh your two slider sets together and played a quick game against the colts again. on the rushing side, ronnie brown averaged 6+ yards rushing, but i think that was due more to my playcalling as i mixed it up a bit. the cpu averaged like 3.8 rushing, not too bad. passing-wise, manning looked a little more like himself, but the cpu playcalling just cannot be fixed by any slider set.

for example, the colts got the ball back with a little more than :30 left with all three of their timeouts left. they called running plays on both 1st and 2nd down and burned a timeout on each down. then on 3rd, they threw a pass across the middle and got the first down, but burned their last timeout. they wound up throwing one more pass to advance upfield, then attempted a fg and missed.

no wonder they call this madden. this game is maddening!

Passing
QB Accuracy- 17/56
Pass Blocking- 42/58
WR Catching- 41/36

Rushing
Broken Tackles- 12/31
Run Blocking- 40/47
Fumbles- 61/77

Pass Defense
Reaction Time-45/76
Interceptions- 20/23
Pass Rushng- 70/76

Rush Defense
Reaction Time- 5/67
Block Shedding- 42/44
Tackling- 52/54

Old 10-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #55
Banned

Yeah... unfortunately nobody can fix their playcalling, that's why I strongly recommend use of gameplans, which EA screwed up with the patch according to multiple people.

Try the new passing sliders on the first page though... might help.

That's why I tested so long before releasing any sliders... I could only really drill the sliders down based on when teams were playing a little like themselves as far as playcalling is concern, which means throwing out alot of games sometimes =/

Gameplanning would have sped that process up, but I lacked a sufficiently size USB stick at the time to do all the transferring and such.

And I might have lied about the speed threshold I put up yesterday... it might have been 66, NOT 67... err.... or I could have just forgot to save. Hard to confirm such a small change, rofl... I remember what I did to get the number though, so I'm pretty sure I used 67 and not 66.

Last edited by St. Chaos; 10-07-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #56
Rookie

ukredskin's Arena

OVR: 2

what do you think is the most realistic threshold to use then?
I play slow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »