Home

a smart opponent from these sliders

This is a discussion on a smart opponent from these sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2010, 10:07 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: a smart opponent from these sliders

Played my first game with these settings, running the ball was still too easy but was better. I want to play more games before I make the final call on that though. Atlanta's MLB was out so instead of having an 88 they had a 63. The 63 MLB led their team in tackles though with 7. Defensive lineman seem to get a lot of tackles with these settings too.

Tampa 34 me in OT
Atlanta 31

Tampa Atl
First downs 22 18
rushing 202 142
passing 297 312

Freeman 18-32 297 yds 3 td 0 int
M. ryan 23-35 314 yds 1 td 0 int

I had two screen passes for touchdowns at 55 and 59 yds which bloated my stats some. For them I could not deal with T. Gonzalez at all but it had a good feel.

Rush
C. Williams 32 for 165 1 td 5 btk
Fargas 8 for 39 3 btk

M. Turner 27 for 147 2td 3 btk. 2 carries 20+ with one being 52 yds

Receiving
T. Gonzalez 6 cat 123 yd 1 td.

I am starting anotehr game vs carolina right now so we will see how they do
Old 10-09-2010, 10:25 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 18

your approach is well done. i have also looked toward similar sliders . mine went like this.

pass 20/50
block 50/0
wr 50/50

break tackles 0/0
blocking 0/0
fumbles 75/ 75

reaction 0/ 100
int 0/ 0
pass rush 100/0

run reaction 100/100
block shedding 0/0
tackles 0/0

its the same approach...how long do you have in the pocket? with these you do have time to go through progressions , but the coverage is tight so you def need the time.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #11
Banned

my questions with your sliders.

1 how long do you have in the pocket ?. does the pash rush look real or do guys get thrown to the ground.

is the blocking intelligent to run screens?. Does this apply to kickoffs as well?. does the cpu give you a run for your money....do they play consistant.?

the kicking meter must be crazy fast lol.....that is a good thing....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

the time in the pocket really depends on the team and that is what i am going for. with good players if the cpu doesnt blitz they are able to create pressure with a blitz there is defenite pressure. when they sit in zone and rush 4 i have more time which u should unless your line is terrible. the cpu coverages are alot smarter this way so time in the pocket when they dont blitz is crucial and fair in my opinion.another thing i have noticed is cpu int seem more appropriate. if i throw a bad one a lb may drop it but the cb seems to pick it off at a more realistic pace without increasing the slider, same is true for user. i am still working on slowing down the user running game i think it is getting better with each adjustment.i am also trying to slightly improve the cpu running game as well. i am trying not to touch user settings because then u have to increase the cpu even more and unrealistic plays start to happen. the main thing that i have noticed with these settings is a sense of unpredicability of their pressure and closer games.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

the kick meter is faster i have actually missed kicks now amazing.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:03 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have some time in the pocket and get some pressure. I am tampa so neither of my lines are great or horrible. So far I have reallyed liked the passing part of the sliders. Defensive is good, think the computer needs slightly higher break tackle. Running the ball is still a little bit too easy but far better
Old 10-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #15
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7

Not for me, too much offense. Tampa had 271 yards and 3tds in the first quarter!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2010, 12:08 AM   #16
Banned

sounds good......you are on the right track , because with my sliders i had that same type of feel to the game. yours might be better. ill try them out tomorrow.

on the plus side i like that thier is a challenge to the kicking game now.

Oh , one more thing , on the running side. the only down fall with my sliders is thier really arn't holes being created in the running game. do you see holes being created ? do guys block for you down field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »