Home

a smart opponent from these sliders

This is a discussion on a smart opponent from these sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: a smart opponent from these sliders

actually i think these still need more tweaking especially the running still. it is getting close human run still too easy and cpu still struggling but much better. the cpu def playcalling is garbage which is half the problem.i think blk shed for the def stills needs bumped up and that might fix the user running it just seems like my blockers are amazing every play and i have no user increase. the cpu running is from my dline swimming all there lineman.too many stops in the backfield.

as always adjust to want you guys want i was just trying a different route on these sliders by zeroing out extra human advantage ana adjust from there.i hope to have some new adjustments i am confident in soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2010, 02:13 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

The last changes you made really helped the computer running game. I am donig a season as teh browns and pre the changes I was winning games and the computer did nothing on the ground against me. like 1.4 yd per carry. Since then I have played the Bengals, steelers and atlanta. All three teams were able to run the ball pretty well and the bengals straight shoved it down my throat.

For my running it was a lot better too. I have had like 4 times this season where 4 of their guys are tacklking me and my guy gets stood upa nd spins out of it and then takes it to the house. Those have inflated my numbers.

I may try to play a better defensive team adn see how the sliders work with a better team, but so far they are very good.

update: i ended up putting up the pass rec for human by 5. I dont mind guys getting open but they would run a post and my corner back would just keep running down the sideline for like 8 steps before cutting. Computer is still able to pass well but I have not had anymore really bad bugs like that.

Last edited by cbbakke1974; 10-12-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #27
Rookie

i will give the pass reac a try and see how it goes. i have been adjusting the run sliders still and i think they are getting a little better.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:30 AM   #28
Rookie

i played a couple games last night. I think i have a good set i will probably post tonight. the changes have really boosted the ypc for the computer and lowered the user ypc and made running more of a challenge.prior to these changes i could literally line up every down in iformation and run a dive for good yardage that seems to have been fixed now. I made some changes to the passing game as well, no big adjustments. sometimes i just felt like my dline was not getting any pressure at all.

cbak who are you using?i am using the browns, thought that is who u said u were using? also i did bump up my def player reaction but only 2, i feel like the browns db are decent just slow.maybe that play you had was a glitch or something? i have never seen any of my players do that before.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:45 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have been playing a few games with a variety of teams. I will try lowering mine down to 2. Right now I am playing as teh nineres, but were the browns, raiders and tampa.

Overall the sliders are pretty good. Only problems I am seeing is still a lot of drops, I have had 10 in one game. Also fumbles are still too often. I have a few games where there are only a few, but have had two games with 8 fumbles in each game.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:37 AM   #30
Rookie

8 fumbles? from user or cpu. I have not even seen 3 in a game. Do you cover up the ball when you run? if you truck in a pile then i think you should fumble more.i have always played fumble at those ratings that is one slider i never changed. i am gonna post my new version i think they are pretty realistic and competitive.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:43 AM   #31
Rookie

they r up. basically decreased cpu qba b/c the increased running threat you actually need to play for the run when you think it is coming.increased user pass rush and reaction time to help slow down the pass a shade and get more pressure.oh and i increased the cpu run react to 28(may need to increase still but a hug improvement) this increase in more realistic running by both teams slows the scoring down as well. dont get me wrong you can def still end up in a shoot out though.

Last edited by joeber08; 10-14-2010 at 01:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 02:31 AM   #32
Rookie

i still think the cpu run rt needs to go up more but this was a hug improvement so i wanted to post them. and maybe the blk shd, but i will work on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »