Home

a smart opponent from these sliders

This is a discussion on a smart opponent from these sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: a smart opponent from these sliders

In both games where there was 8 fumbles, it was 4 by each teams. The first game was in the rain so I thought that may have somnething to do with it.

I will update my sliders when I get home and try these out and see what I think. The previous were pretty good. I was 6-1 with the niners which is a little too good but when I played the saints Brees was missing and I won a game with a bomb with about 5 seconds left so I could easily be 4-3/5-2.

The madden designers should be ashamed of themselves this year for some of their glaring problems.

a. When the computer gets behind 10 the game is over. They go into panic bomb mode and I usually end up winning by 30+.

b. The defensive alignments are so screwy sometimes. An example: I had a play last night where I was in shot gun with trips right with the TE next to the left tackle so NOTHING in the left slot or flat. It was like 3rd and 5 from the 7 yard line. The defense comes out in a 3 defensive line nickel package and is in zone pre snap clearly. The problem was there wer 4, yes 4! of their players guarding the left side and the defensive line was spread out with 1 linebacker in the middle and then the other 3 on the right side. I had called a running play that was offtackle to the right and walked into the endzone easily.

The more common thing I see are things like the TE is completely undcovered and they are playing man to man but the defender is 15 yards to the right or left of him so the TE is wide open for a quick pass.

c. The WR give up on plays once their pass pattern is complete. I remember back in the day they would just start running around all crazy trying to get open. Now they just stand there with the defender next to them, it is so poorly done.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:12 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

i agree with everything those honestly are the 3 most glaring problems plus the one in the running game. the defenders run so far into the backfield bc they over pursue. i was at my buddy's house the other night and we were playing ncaa and we really noticed how much better those lbs play the run in that game. they seem more aware, which sounds ****** considering this is the nfl. i have come out in formations and for some reason the whole d line will b completely outside of my tackle i dont understand. they either have no one test this game?, ******s testing idiot?, or people who just dont watch football? I mean in one game with freaking 2 minute qtrs u can see glaring mistakes, heck throw in the accelerated clock runoff. so what i am saying is every 4 plays you can see a game testing flaw. which means one of the things i mentioned above.one more thing contrary to what ea said about decrease audience for franchise mode, they are crazy they need to check their forums. i hate online cause the cheesers.if they had no franchise i would not buy madden.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:59 PM   #35
Rookie

I agree completely with the over pursuing thing also. I think part of the program design flaw is that the line man and linebackers try to run around the block instead of knowing when to go through it or chop it for example.

I think that is why trap plays work far too well. The left guard pulls to the right and the guy over goes wide left to go around him that way and even if the guard misses the block the linebacker goes wide right to try to run around him leaving a huge hole open in the middle. The defensive tackles should be trying to push the lineman into the backfield on run plays and control their gaps.

The linebackers in a 3-4 may do a lot of gap shooting and either run in or out of a running play but in a 4-3 the middle linebacker cannot just shoot a gap everytime and run around people. He should be following the player down the line and looking for the spot to engage him.

You said it perfectly, it should have taken them 2 minutes to see this problem but I think madden is now made for the casual gamer not people who are knowledgeable about football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #36
Rookie

I agree completely with the over pursuing thing also. I think part of the program design flaw is that the line man and linebackers try to run around the block instead of knowing when to go through it or chop it for example.

I think that is why trap plays work far too well. The left guard pulls to the right and the guy over goes wide left to go around him that way and even if the guard misses the block the linebacker goes wide right to try to run around him leaving a huge hole open in the middle. The defensive tackles should be trying to push the lineman into the backfield on run plays and control their gaps.

The linebackers in a 3-4 may do a lot of gap shooting and either run in or out of a running play but in a 4-3 the middle linebacker cannot just shoot a gap everytime and run around people. He should be following the player down the line and looking for the spot to engage him.

You said it perfectly, it should have taken them 2 minutes to see this problem but I think madden is now made for the casual gamer not people who are knowledgeable about football.

I feel the same about online play. The problem with online play is you have to play 10 cheeser games to find one fun game. Just not worth the effort to find a good game. I bought my xbox 360 for the sole purpose of madden franchise mode. I have not had a gaming system in a few years cause my old one broke and I got kids and didnt have the extra money to put into a gaming system. This summer I had a little extra cash and bought it for Madden and overall have been dissappointed how the graphics are better but game play has fallen off.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbakke1974

You and joeber are absolutely right. And yes it should have taken EA no time at all to see this problem. And you know what, im sure they did, but why take the time and effort to fix issues like this when we all keep buying the game. It is a shame that NCAA plays much better than Madden. The problem is one of two things, either the personnel that develope this game have no real concept of football, and watch very little of it, or they just dont care. I keep saying that if I put out a half *** product and people keep buying it like there's no tomorrow, why the hell should bust my hump to improve on it.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #38
Rookie

sadly the problem is, what other football is there for an option? oh yea, Madden has full NFL rights. I really hate cooperations, they can take something good and screw it up so well jsut to get rich.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #39
Rookie

Was having the problem with running of either the entire defensive line met my runningback as he got the ball or I got a huge play. I changed the threshold to 100 and played anotehr game and it had a good feel to it. I had one long run against a bad team. It seemed like it helped their passing game with the DBs beinga little slower.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

small changes but i change the speed threshold up 6 and it seemed to cut down the big plays. i am pretty happy with these right now. been avg 4-5 ypc and the pcu avg 3-7 ypc depending on the teams off line and rb i have noticed with these settings it seems to register more btk for rbs. for my 2 backs i have 18 and 12 btks in 10 games which is way more than i ever usually see and my ypc is down which i like more realistic.i now have to convert 3rd down and worry about them stopping my run game. i will continue to play with these and see if they need changed but i find these more sim style.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »