Home

NYGiants4Natic Madden 11 Post Patch Custom Sliders V3.5 (Final)

This is a discussion on NYGiants4Natic Madden 11 Post Patch Custom Sliders V3.5 (Final) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: NYGiants4Natic Madden 11 Post Patch Custom Sliders V3.5 (Final)

One thing I wanted to let you guys know as well.

The wr cath slider for humans is very tricky to set. Raising it will cut down on the high amount of drops but will make deep throws very cheesy. What I mean is that if you raise the slider then when throwing deep bombs, if you have a couple of defenders even 3 at times, and you press the catch button then there is a really high chance that the ball will fall into your hands. This is the biggest issue with wr catch slider being higher.

On the other hand by having it this low, the throws to the flats or wr quick outs will most likely be drops about 90% of the time. EA does this to counter the infamous easy flats that has plagued the Madden series for a long time.

You can say that you should raise the CPU pass recognition much higher or even max but then you get Super Leaping LB and DB's that break on routes before receivers do.

That is why it is important to find a balance.

At the moment I have played about 5 games today and all throws to the flats have had mostly drops. Best solution I can come up with is to manually cath them but I rather get those drops then having a high high high percentage rate of easy deep bomb catches over multiple defenders with it raised.

Just some info on my thinking behind these sliders
Old 10-16-2010, 09:36 PM   #10
TCF
Rookie

I am curious about the player sliders? When going to adjust I only have Passing, Rushing, Pass D, and Rush D I am not seeing the other set except for the CPU?

and in case you want to know i have a PS3
Old 10-16-2010, 09:38 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCF
I am curious about the player sliders? When going to adjust I only have Passing, Rushing, Pass D, and Rush D I am not seeing the other set except for the CPU?

and in case you want to know i have a PS3

Just press the X button on the PS3 controller when you are on the human sliders under which ever category and it will bring up the sub slider with 3 options to change for each of the skill sets you mentioned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2010, 10:01 PM   #12
TCF
Rookie

thank you very much i want to try ur sliders.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:34 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

i only played 1 game so far with these sliders but i played the best game of madden 11 to date for me. i made a few slight changes for my personal preferences but these sliders are a great starting point. This was the first game that i actually had real scoring, every other slider set i used the scoring was in the high 30's or 40's every time. both me and the cpu running game was bad especially the cpu im gonna give the cpu run game a slight bump or decrease my rush def. other than that the game had a great feel. looking forward to playing some more on these sliders
Thanks
Old 10-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #14
Banned

In regards to the CPU run game. Please be advised that if you raise the CPU run blocking from where I have it, then the CPU run game will only be better in terms of your whole d-line being pancaked on every play by the o-line.

I do not want to make the CPU run game great by having them pancake the whole d-line. It is weak and EA has to fix the CPU run game next year so that they gain yards on normal good blocking.

I had the CPU run game higher for the CPU but my whole d-line on the Giants which is highly rated were getting pancaked on every play.

Also raising the human break block and raising the CPU run block is not an option because the CPU run blocking slider is the dominant of the 2

What you could do is lower human tackles and raise the CPU break blocks a bit more

Unless you want a good cpu run game at the expense of realistic looking plays
Old 10-17-2010, 11:34 PM   #15
TCF
Rookie

I had to make one or 2 minor adjustments for my own player skills but other than that i have left everything like you said and it works nicely!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

NYGiants4Natic, I have been a huge fan of your sliders this year as well as previous years. I was using your V1 sliders for Madden 11 until the patches dropped and loved them.

I tried these last night and I must admit I only played one game but as the Browns using Jake Delhomme I could not hit the broad side of a barn with the QBA being so low. I think I completed like 5 or 6 passes all game with 25+ attempts. I could not even throw easy slant plays without the ball being way off target.

Now I know Jake is pretty bad and most of his accuracy ratings are in the 70-79 range but I should have been able to hit the short drag routes. I even missed tossing the ball to my RB in the flats. So I want to bump up the accuracy a bit but I don't want to break the system you have in place with these sliders. I do want there to be a difference between using Jake and Eli or Peyton, but not to the point of frustration. Any advice?

One other question. I really struggled to stop the run with the rush reaction and break block sliders at 0. The Ravens crushed me with Ray rice running for over 200 yards with less than 20 attempts. Would you suggest I bump them up just a couple of points?

Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »