Home

How do I get more sacks?

This is a discussion on How do I get more sacks? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How do I get more sacks?

I cant get any sacks for my life. I constantly get to the QB but he always manages to throw the ball at the last second as soon as he is getting hit. This happens 95% of the time. The only time I get a sack is when there is no one open at all. Which barely ever happens because every defense has an opening. But what sliders do I need to change to prevent the QB from throwig the ball at the last second like this ALL THE TIME. I realize yes QBs have a sense to throw the ball when there is pressure. But seriously everytime? I play with the eagles too so they are pretty good at sacking the QB. Like if they counted how many times I hit the QB my stat line would be. Sacks 0 Times hit 15 times pressured 20. (I blitz alot). I expect to see atleast 2 sacks. Especially as much as i blitz and get to the QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How do I get more sacks?

I find sacks come when a player doesn't get picked up. So I try to work my blitzes to overload one side, or try to get it where a linemen goes the wrong direction, or the linemen get put in a position where he has to pick up more than one player.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
Rookie

Not to sound rude or anything but if you read the actual post you would see that I am doing it. My problem isnt getting to the QB my problem is the QB constantly throwing the ball the second he is getting hit.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:24 PM   #4
Rookie

I know, I read the post. The problem is you're reaching the QB a hair to late. If a man isn't picked up and runs in free, you'll be able to get at least two sacks a game if you are able to consistantly get a man to run free. No more how quick the QB's release is, a receiver shouldn't be open or even throw able to within two seconds, especially on 3rd and long. They typically wont throw it that early if thats the case.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:38 PM   #5
Rookie

Sat always happens to me though. Even if a man runs free it seems the QB is able to get the ball away. The ball is no where near completed its just the stats arent realistic without the sacks. I have had this same problem ever since next gen. In NCAA 2011 I have no problem getting sacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 11:45 PM   #6
Rookie

You could try turning down the QB throwing accuracy for the cpu, or the problem could be that your secondary is giving up a lot of coverage. Its hard for me to tell which, but its weird that a QB would throw to a covered WR so early on a 3rd and long. I as it is, I often will get up to four sacks, a game, sometimes more.

Try Playmakers sliders, and then adjust them to make things more customized to your level and playing style/what kind of results your looking for.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

Shift your RE to the Left side, just behind the line of scrimmage (a little more shallow than an LB) and do an all out blitz with him. Unless the CPU sends a TE to block you, you should be ungarded. I did this a whole season in franchise with Trent Cole (Eagles RE, #58 (Like a 95ovr in madden)) and got 15-20 sacks just with him, on all pro.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Try using corner blitz packages, especially when your opponent is in a no back set. Before the snap, manually move the blitzing corner closer to the DE and move your nose tackle closer to the DE on the blitzing side. Basically, overload the side you're blitzing the corner on so that the O linemen are occupied and no one is left to block the blitzing corner. Warning, this opens you up to the draw and the top QB's (Brees, Brady, Rivers, etc.) can kill you if you do this too much. But, on third and long and no back sets, it's pretty effective.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »