Home

Just finished 1st half of play ... strategy pad?

This is a discussion on Just finished 1st half of play ... strategy pad? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Just finished 1st half of play ... strategy pad?

Picked up M11 last night and I just completed my first half of play (me) Steelers vs Ravens. Was a very defensive 1st half with the game tied at 3-3. Obviously neither team was able to get much of any offense going. A few decent runs and passes, but overall defense controlled the game.

To start I've left all CPU sliders at default (50), and all HUM sliders are between All-pro and All-madden (38). I typically use this as a start point for sliders and tweak from there ... I have threshhold at 50.

Biggest complaint so far as the "strategy pad" ... what a horrible change from the previous set up that worked so well for so many years!!! Why would EA change something like that when I don't remember anyone complaining about the old system? Sure wish they would leave the good aspects of the game alone and focus on the issues most everyone complains about ...

Gonna have to read thru some of these slider threads as I'm getting a late start this year, but if anyone has feedback relating to realistic/challenging sliders, and the best threshhold setting ... I'm all ears! My skill level puts me somewhere between all-pro and all-madden which I why I use that as a starting point. My play style is a power running game with aggressive 3-4 defense (ala Steelers).

Thanks in advance for any feedback/advice!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Just finished 1st half of play ... strategy pad?

Got in another half of play with (me) Vikings vs Ravens.

This one played very differently with the Ravens offense being MUCH more effective vs Vikings weaker defense. Unfortunately my offense was still anemic other than a few nice runs by AD. I went into the half down 17-3, and Favre was horrible on most of his passes ... is passing harder in M11 compared with M10, or do most of you still drop the pass slider real low to get errant passes?

Getting a little more used to strategy pad, but still missing old system!
Old 12-10-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

You don't have to use the strategy pad. It is optional. There is a menu under the game's settings if you downloaded the most recent patch.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Chaos
You don't have to use the strategy pad. It is optional. There is a menu under the game's settings if you downloaded the most recent patch.
So if I turn off strategy pad does it revert back to the old pre-play system? Thanks for the feedback!
Old 12-10-2010, 11:44 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

From as much as I can remember, yes. Madden 10 was a real long time ago for me. I sold it off pretty quickly after buying it lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Chaos
From as much as I can remember, yes. Madden 10 was a real long time ago for me. I sold it off pretty quickly after buying it lol.
M10 was the same as almost every other version of Madden relating to pre-play set up ... I'll give it a shot, but from what I have heard the old system is not available in M11.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #7
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5

hey fellow member of steeler nation, the sliders & settings that work best for me are the ones i recently posted. try them out. listed under steelcityjames normal speed sliders. let me know what you think

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »