Home

Audible45: My Shot at Madden 11 Sliders

This is a discussion on Audible45: My Shot at Madden 11 Sliders within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-28-2010, 12:11 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Audible45: My Shot at Madden 11 Sliders

Yeah, my bad. I wasn't thinking at all.

A) I was running the ball with Steven Jackson against Pat Williams.

B) 50% Completion Percentage for a 40+ year old man is great.

C) 50% Completion Percentage for a rookie's first game is good enough.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:23 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think these are the best sliders on this site (for me anyways). All games and stats are very realistic except for my passing completion percentaged and my number of punts on the season. I use tampa bay and am 4-2 and am 71% with freeman on the season, which is why i also never punt. Too many wide open players it seems, down the field. Any suggestions? Had completion percentages; 65%, 71%, 66%, 72%, 76%, 75% in the six games?

Last edited by durkken; 12-28-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:30 AM   #19
Rookie

^ What speed and threshold are you playing on? The threshold can play a big part on how much separation your receivers are getting.

Also how many minutes are you playing on with clock run off? You should be getting around 130-140 total plays in per game on both sides of the ball.

One last question, are you playing with the custom gameplans here from OS? Using the custom gameplans will take out a lot of money plays and high percentage passes to create a more realistic NFL type game.

Boldin the Beast, you make a good point. Steven Jackson is primarily an inside runner and with the Wililams brothers clogging up that middle he shouldn't get a lot of yardage. Also, regardless of the age of the QBs those percentages are pretty much spot on average-wise for QBs in the NFL. QBs percentages usually will be in the 50s and 60s unless they have an amazing game (and it will be in the 70s) or an off day and it'll be in the 40s. This happens on the regular in the NFL. It might feel like those numbers are low but they're actually very realistic. Also gotta remember that was a preseason game so the percentages would be different during a regular season game.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:54 AM   #20
Rookie

taboo102's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13thwonder
^ What speed and threshold are you playing on? The threshold can play a big part on how much separation your receivers are getting.

Also how many minutes are you playing on with clock run off? You should be getting around 130-140 total plays in per game on both sides of the ball.

One last question, are you playing with the custom gameplans here from OS? Using the custom gameplans will take out a lot of money plays and high percentage passes to create a more realistic NFL type game.

Boldin the Beast, you make a good point. Steven Jackson is primarily an inside runner and with the Wililams brothers clogging up that middle he shouldn't get a lot of yardage. Also, regardless of the age of the QBs those percentages are pretty much spot on average-wise for QBs in the NFL. QBs percentages usually will be in the 50s and 60s unless they have an amazing game (and it will be in the 70s) or an off day and it'll be in the 40s. This happens on the regular in the NFL. It might feel like those numbers are low but they're actually very realistic. Also gotta remember that was a preseason game so the percentages would be different during a regular season game.
Where are the gameplans? I've still only played that game with these sliders when Benson ran all over my defense, but I found a really good slider set for NCAA 11, and that has taken up my time, and I just got NBA 2k11, so I probably won't be playing Madden again for a while. You probably didn't need to know that. I'll try yours as soon as I feel like playing Madden again, because that game may have just been a fluke.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:42 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by taboo102
Where are the gameplans? I've still only played that game with these sliders when Benson ran all over my defense, but I found a really good slider set for NCAA 11, and that has taken up my time, and I just got NBA 2k11, so I probably won't be playing Madden again for a while. You probably didn't need to know that. I'll try yours as soon as I feel like playing Madden again, because that game may have just been a fluke.
Yeah where are the gameplans???? That would be great because of the big passing plays in the game. I do not want to increase pass defense reaction time because there will be more swatted balls, less completion, and more interceptions. So, if we can use custom gameplans, those big plays can be reduced from the bad defensive play calls... **cough**cough**ENGAGE EIGHT**cough**cough**.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2010, 09:17 AM   #22
Rookie

Whoa, I'm shocked that I'm getting these good results. I figured you were using custom gameplans Audible. Now I don't know what to make of my success with your sliders. It may be because I'm playing on Fast speed with 57 threshold. Oh well. I guess I should just be happy.

Custom game plans are in this thread... http://www.operationsports.com/forum...gameplans.html

They're kinda scattered throughout the thread with different ones but they're there. The whole process can be kinda tedious and may not be worth it. But if you wanna do a slightly less tedious process you can create new gameplans manually for all of the teams by going in and deleting the engage eight plays and deleting VERTICALS type plays out of the playbooks and saving the new gameplans. Verticals type plays should only be in use for 4th down plays with lots of yardage needed. This is why a lot of people aren't needing to punt because they're completing too many passes on 3rd and long. Deleting engage eight plays will cut down on big plays too since that almost always leaves a WR open if for you to easily hit.

When it comes to getting realistic results you have to be content with losing games sometimes because that's what happens in real life, teams lose. Teams have three and outs and have bad games. Some people have bad games and think (I need to adjust something to make it easier). But the more challenging the game is, the better the sliders are probably working. Just gotta keep an eye out for anything unrealistic happening consistently through multiple games. Or if a mediocre QB is breaking the single game passing record, then something probably isn't right. It takes a lot of patience to play true simulation football on a video game. And you ALWAYS have to follow house rules, or your results will be tainted.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13thwonder
Whoa, I'm shocked that I'm getting these good results. I figured you were using custom gameplans Audible. Now I don't know what to make of my success with your sliders. It may be because I'm playing on Fast speed with 57 threshold. Oh well. I guess I should just be happy.

Custom game plans are in this thread... http://www.operationsports.com/forum...gameplans.html

They're kinda scattered throughout the thread with different ones but they're there. The whole process can be kinda tedious and may not be worth it. But if you wanna do a slightly less tedious process you can create new gameplans manually for all of the teams by going in and deleting the engage eight plays and deleting VERTICALS type plays out of the playbooks and saving the new gameplans. Verticals type plays should only be in use for 4th down plays with lots of yardage needed. This is why a lot of people aren't needing to punt because they're completing too many passes on 3rd and long. Deleting engage eight plays will cut down on big plays too since that almost always leaves a WR open if for you to easily hit.

When it comes to getting realistic results you have to be content with losing games sometimes because that's what happens in real life, teams lose. Teams have three and outs and have bad games. Some people have bad games and think (I need to adjust something to make it easier). But the more challenging the game is, the better the sliders are probably working. Just gotta keep an eye out for anything unrealistic happening consistently through multiple games. Or if a mediocre QB is breaking the single game passing record, then something probably isn't right. It takes a lot of patience to play true simulation football on a video game. And you ALWAYS have to follow house rules, or your results will be tainted.
Thanks, but since my sliders have been working perfectly without the custom gameplans, I think I will just play as it is. The only custom gameplans that I've used for every game are my own Giants Offense and Giants Defense gameplans. If the custom gameplans are working for you then that's good! But, from my experience, these sliders do not require custom gameplans to still play realistically.

AND isn't gameplanning broken, as in we can not choose what gameplan the CPU will use before a game????

Last edited by audible45; 12-28-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by audible45
I just want to say thanks to Playmaker and NyGiants4Natic for the great games and fixing Madden 11 for me, which helped set up my first slider set.

FRANCHISE MODE Sliders

(Make sure you downloaded Patch 5.....)
Game Options...
Injuries: Not very sure on this, send feedback for suggestions.
Fatigue: 53
Player Min Speed Threshold: 0
Game Speed: Slow
Auto Sprint: I prefer it on

Penalties...
Holding: 53
Facemask: 51
Clipping: 50
The rest are set at 95

User/CPU

Passing...
QB Accuracy: 15/59
Pass Blocking: 33/59
WR Catching: 46/47

Rushing...
Broken Tackles: 12/33, 32
Run Blocking: 34, 35/58
Fumbles: 48/47

Pass Defense...
Reaction Time: 35, 37/66, 67
Interceptions: 15, 14/32, 31
Pass Rushing: 41, 42/51

Rush Defense...
Reaction Time: 7, 8/61
Block Shedding: 36/32
Tackling: 54/53

Special Teams...
FG Power: 15
FG Accuracy: 52
Punt Power: 35
Punt Accuracy: 46
Kickoff Power: 48

Try them out and bring on the criticism.

Where can I find this??? Under settings for user sliders I only see 'pass', 'rush', 'pass d', & 'rush d'. For computer, there are all of the categories. I do not see where in main menu settings or franchise settings there are the individual settings for user sliders.

Also, are these sliders for all madden?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »