Home

Audible45: My Shot at Madden 11 Sliders

This is a discussion on Audible45: My Shot at Madden 11 Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2010, 06:30 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Audible45: My Shot at Madden 11 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by audible45
Very well put, because I too play with gameflow, which I'm sure has helped with my completions. You have been a great help in making these sliders better for everyone. I thank you for that.
Thank you man! This is the most fun I've had with Madden in a long time! I appreciate these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2010, 08:53 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiller
Ravens (Me) 24
Browns 21

Passing
Joe Flacco 21/36 - 329 2 TD 2 INT
Colt McCoy 22/47 - 208 0 TD 1 INT

Rushing
Ray Rice 26 - 124 4.7 1 TD

Peyton Hillis 29 - 141 4.8 0 TD
Mike Bell 11 23 2.0 1 TD

Defense
Ray Lewis 9 Tackles 3 Assist
Terrell Suggs 7 Tackles 2 Assist
Jameel McClain 7 Tackles

T.J. Ward - 7 Tackles
Eric Barton - 6 Tackles
D'Qwell Jackson - 6 Tackles

Cleveland was up for most of the first half with 3 field goals. I came back with a TD to Heap to end the half 9-7. No scoring until the 4th quarter until I decided to throw an interception and the next play they ran it in. I tied it up on a long bomb. OT lasted well until the last 2 minutes. I was kind of annoyed by Franchise mode and how many ties were showing up, but the game I just played kind of makes me understand how it happens. Ended it with a field goal to secure win.

I attempted to play with your sliders before you updated them, and had an 88% completion rating. These updates really have improved the passing it seems. The CPU seems to be able to place the ball when needed, without cheesing.

What really got me fired up about these sliders, however, are the tackles. Even in last gen Madden games, linebackers never get many tackles. DBs seemed to hog them all. Other sliders I've found for this Madden are fun, but none seem to be able to fix the tackling issue. Except these. This is the first time I've actually seen LBs get the majority of the tackles. I think it has to do with the tackling slider and speed threshold. DBs can still get to the back, but he can usually break free or he is slowed down and thats when a LB comes in to finish it. When the pass is short, LBs tend to be there to secure the tackle vs a DB who sprints across field to get the tackle. These sliders seem to fix the issue that has been bothering me for a long time. Thanks for that.

Of note, I change coaching tendencies (drop 20 from aggressive on off/def) for opposing teams. This seems to offer more short/mid plays. I use basic gameplan option as well. Thanks again for the sliders, they really have made the game fun again.
I'm happy that you are liking these sliders! Post any concerns or tweaks you think that could make them even better!

Old 12-29-2010, 08:55 AM   #43
Rookie

One question: while using these sliders, has anyone been seeing too many TFL with a good offensive line compared to the defensive line they're blocking -OR- good running backs not being able to make it out of the backfield against a mediocre defensive line?

Old 12-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

^ Yes, I've been seeing a lot of TFL regardless of how good the OFF line is. But in the last few games I haven't been seeing as much. On my end defensively I started controlling my Linebackers instead of DLinemen because I was getting in their backfield way too easily. Seems to probably have to do with Block Shedding and Reaction time (both passing and running). Now that I'm controlling my linebackers instead, the TFL have calmed down a little. I'm not seeing it TOO much when I'm playing offense, but there are run stops behind the line about 4-5 times a game when I'm on offense which may be too much, but I'm not sure.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:17 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13thwonder
^ Yes, I've been seeing a lot of TFL regardless of how good the OFF line is. But in the last few games I haven't been seeing as much. On my end defensively I started controlling my Linebackers instead of DLinemen because I was getting in their backfield way too easily. Seems to probably have to do with Block Shedding and Reaction time (both passing and running). Now that I'm controlling my linebackers instead, the TFL have calmed down a little. I'm not seeing it TOO much when I'm playing offense, but there are run stops behind the line about 4-5 times a game when I'm on offense which may be too much, but I'm not sure.
Yeah, what I recommend is to try not to control any of the defensive linemen because it is just too easy to get passed them. Control the safeties on defense to get the best gameplay because with defensive linemen do fine on their own but are not too overpowering and you won't control the blitz from any blitzing linebackers or cornerbacks. I will look into the TFL when I am on offense and get back to you much later on today.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #46
Rookie

Sliders updated to help lower TFL!

Old 12-30-2010, 09:01 AM   #47
Rookie

I need recommendations for the injury slider.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:01 PM   #48
Rookie

taboo102's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by audible45
I need recommendations for the injury slider.
I leave it at default, I get enough serious injuries that in franchise mode I always have at least one person injured after a few weeks in the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »