Home

mjhyahkees sliders for Madden 11.

This is a discussion on mjhyahkees sliders for Madden 11. within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Out of the Park Baseball 23 Review: Newcomers Welcome
AEW: Fight Forever - New Gameplay Footage and Details
How to Fix The Rec in NBA 2K

Old 01-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
mjhyahkees sliders for Madden 11.

I've been trying out everyone's sliders or at least pieces of them. For the record I found that JDseven's gave me the most realistic stats. I'm trying other settings with lower slider values to try to accentuate the differences in the plays, it seems higher slider settings minimize the differences between players.
Again props to JD...I get passing with over 60% completion most games, running that doesn't include long runs every game and consistent 2-5 yard runs overall....but I have to try other sets to try to shake that feeling that all the backs and QB's are playing the same (I had a create a team chise with a 72 ovr QB who completed 60% of passes). I'll show the sliders I'm working with right now on next post, along with a rationale.
I'd appreciate anyone's help, ideas, criticisms, philosophical differences etc....I've no ego here, just trying to get the game to play the best I can make it. I'm overall enjoying Madden 11 (just got it for Christmas) and want to optimize my experience.
What I'd like most of all is for people to say "I had that slider at that setting and found that blah, blah blah....good or bad....I'd like to know you're previous experience with numbers like mine.

My overall approach is to start with setting for the human at all madden (custom 15) and the cpu at all pro (50 on all sliders) I then adjust up or down as warranted. I prefer to lower something than raise something in order to get the stats I like. This is for franchise play btw....I'm talking too much arent I? Sliders up next.

Last edited by mjhyankees; 01-01-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
MVP

Re: mjhyahkees sliders for Madden 11.

Ok for settings:

Custom Sliders
12 minute quarters with 15 second runoff on play clock (you can go to 13 minute quarters if you search the playbook yourself and run the playclock low every play).
I use the Ask Madden feature and then call audibles if I dont like anything.

I use conventional play call btw.

Auto strafe on
Auto sprint on
Injuries 31
Fatigue 53
game speed slow
threshold 0....it seems to limit big plays for the cpu and my guys get caught from behind alot unless they are speedy guys.
Special team sliders:

FG power 35 (had the cpu kick a 57 yarder with someone at this setting but generally anything over 50 is hard to make).
FG acc 55 (seems easy to kick but I've had the cpu miss some and me too, especially over 40 yards).
Punt power 75 (trying to create some room for returns and compensate for the cpu shanking it so much)
Punt acc 100 (ditto on the shanks).
kickoff power 55 (trying to get more balls into endzone with a good wind at your back).

O and D sliders next.

Last edited by mjhyankees; 01-01-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
MVP

Passing sliders: I'm trying to get both QB's to complete around 60% of passes (the crappy ones less, the good ones better). I did notice that the weather conditions definately affect passing stats making it harder to complete.
I also want about 10 yards per completion....too many games with a guy 13-27 for 280 yards...I'm looking for something more like 18-27 for 190 yards or so.
SOOOOOOO......
with human first:
QB acc 25/90
Having the human QB at the 10-15 setting some guys have makes passing downfield seemingly impossible to me. My game becomes 10 yards and under and hope for a run after catch. I'd like to be able to complete a bomb every so often and with a good QB consistently hit those intermediate routes. If the DB makes a play, so be it but I'd like the ball to be there.

Pass blocking: 50/55....want only 2-3 sacks per game per team on average.

WR catch 35/50. Don't want too many drops but may have to have more than the 1-2 an NFL teams gets per game. If I raise the QB acc I may lower this. Again trying for 60% without 20 ypc all the time.

Last edited by mjhyankees; 01-01-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
MVP

Running game: Trying to get backs averaging over 4 ypc unless they stink or their line stinks. Hoping for that median 3 ypc with some stuffs and 10 yarders thrown in. Unless the guy is having a career day you should see many runs over 10, maybe 1....If I'm getting 3-4 runs of 20 or more, I'm suspicious.

Human/cpu

BTK 10/25 (higher than 25 for the cpu to me creates superman breaking multiple tackles every play). In real life they break 1 tackle per play at MOST....except for that one or two highlight reel play, or the really stud back.

Blocking 40/50 (trying to maintain the blocks so the D lineman don't blow up plays in the backfield all day).

Fumbles 70/65....(I may be screwing this up but my RB and QB were coughing it up 2-3 times per game on lower settings. The cpu rarely does, unless his QB gets pasted).
I recently moved it up to 75/75 but I'm not sure, I'm still fumbling and so is the cpu.

Last edited by mjhyankees; 01-01-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
MVP

Run Defense: The idea here is to assist the running game rather than hinder it. BUT....while I want the backs to get a hole to get their couple of yards each time, I don't want to see every back on the planet breaking into the open field and getting into foot races all the time. IRL the D swarms to the run and a back generally has to break a tackle or two to get into open field.

Human/cpu

Run recognition: 20/75....seems my human team reacts well to run, cpu on lower settings just stands around and watches my guy run by (especially on yac situations where I believe the run sliders and run D come into play).

Block shed 15/20...trying to get lineman to get off blocks after a second or so and not just beat the o line continuously. A stunt or blitz may lead to a blow up in backfield but in a keying D they should be on their blocks long enough to get the back past the LOS.

Tackling 40/50... at this setting you'll see the average back break some tackles and the studs be hard to bring down, without those superman scrums (which I see IRL about 1-2 times per year and it's highlight film stuff. Not every game).

Last edited by mjhyankees; 01-01-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
MVP

Pass Defense: I want receivers open and catching the ball but I want them hit soon after the catch and not running wild and free after every catch. That may happen sometimes but IRL the guy makes a catch and gets hit soon after. Downfield they may have more room to roam but the D back has more time to react to the ball making it harder to complete.
Human/cpu
Pass reaction 35/100 Trying to get the cpu to react to the catch...I find they stand around too much on lower settings. Human may get tweaked here but so far I'm ok with their reaction (especially since I can switch to control the guy near the ball.)

INt. 30/30....it's a start and so far I'm getting the requisite 1-2 picks per game, with some games with no picks. I'll need to play alot to know if this is good.

Pass rush 70/75....hoping for 2-3 sacks per game per team, with good teams on the lower end (1-2 or less) and the crap teams closer to the 3 per game). Also I'd like to see the blitzer GET THERE! If he get's picked up so be it but I hate when I blitz a corner, he's unblocked but the Qb has time to get the ball 20 yards downfield all the time before the CB gets to him).
Old 01-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #7
MVP

Ok I've been playing Bears at the Packers for week 17 and controlling the Bears. I've played the game 3 times and tweaked the sliders each time. Running game seems decent for both teams now, although both still a little weak, but they are a big run away from really nice stats.
My biggest problem is that the cpu and me are getting over 450 yards total off. each. That too much. One of the reasons I (Bears) am that high is that I keep catching the cpu in all out blitzes, hitting a slant and running it in for scores. Olsen the TE had two scores of 50+ yards like this (where the hell is the pursuit????). The cpu completes way too many midrange passes (20-25 yards) and piles up stats that way. However his completion percentage is not great (under 60%)....ahrgggghhhhh!!!

I'm going to play this game with JD sevens sliders to see what happens then. I do know the Ai seems to predestine games to be Offensive or defensive minded.

I'll also try my sliders on another game after that...maybe it's just those two teams that are a problem right now although it's in a snowstorm, I'd think that would limit offense a little.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
MVP

Ok....nothing I've tried is giving me realistic numbers...much too much yardage and scoring, big plays and a nonexistent running game. I went back to JDseven's sliders (with some modifications) and the game played beautifully. I played some other games last night with the same sliders and every game had realistic stats, scoring closeness, difficulty etc.
My only gripe is with the high numbers on the sliders I'm NOT SURE if I'm seeing a difference in running backs. I seems that Hillis on Cleveland wasn't the powerhouse I was expecting...then again I was the Steelers that game...but i didn't see many broken tackles. I'm going to post my new sliders on another thread.....
Sorry this failed but the good news is the JDsevens work well and can be tweaked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »