Home

mjhyankees custom all madden sliders....v.101

This is a discussion on mjhyankees custom all madden sliders....v.101 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2011, 11:01 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: mjhyankees custom all madden sliders....v.101

I played the Patriots using the Jets in my franchise, switched to these sliders since my old All-Pro sliders weren't much of a challenge. My first game, against the Titans, was a close one, especially since I really had to get used to being completely unable to complete any passes but screens with Mark Sanchez. It has been much better this time, although that I upped the QB Accuracy from 15 to 17 might have helped that a lot.

But the stats from the Patriots game kind of shocked me...

Passing:

M. Sanchez 21/30, 244 Yds, 1 TD, 0 INT

T. Brady 18/42, 175, 0 TD, 3 INT

Rushing:

L. Tomlinson: 22 Att, 70 Yds
S. Greene: 11 Att, 39 Yds, 1 TD
B. Smith: 1 Att, 3 Yds

B. Green-Ellis: 11 Att, 39 Yds
D. Woodhead: 2 Att, 1 Yds

So basically, I smacked the Patriots 33-3 and they never even came close to scoring a TD, never once even got into the red zone. Brady's passes were all over the place, the few that he got to a receiver were almost as often dropped or picked as they were completed, most of his completions and yardage came in the 4th quarter when I experimented on defense and gave him some wide open receivers against zone coverage (is there any way to play zone defense against to CPU and not get killed? I feel pretty silly calling 2 Man Under or Cover 1 or some slight variation of it on every single play, but it's the only thing I've found to actually work...)

So as this is only the second game I've had with those sliders, this may be an exception and I really have to try them out some more, just wanted to post those stats because I was really shocked how easy it was to keep Brady out of my red zone for a whole game.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:24 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
I played the Patriots using the Jets in my franchise, switched to these sliders since my old All-Pro sliders weren't much of a challenge. My first game, against the Titans, was a close one, especially since I really had to get used to being completely unable to complete any passes but screens with Mark Sanchez. It has been much better this time, although that I upped the QB Accuracy from 15 to 17 might have helped that a lot.

But the stats from the Patriots game kind of shocked me...

Passing:

M. Sanchez 21/30, 244 Yds, 1 TD, 0 INT

T. Brady 18/42, 175, 0 TD, 3 INT

Rushing:

L. Tomlinson: 22 Att, 70 Yds
S. Greene: 11 Att, 39 Yds, 1 TD
B. Smith: 1 Att, 3 Yds

B. Green-Ellis: 11 Att, 39 Yds
D. Woodhead: 2 Att, 1 Yds

So basically, I smacked the Patriots 33-3 and they never even came close to scoring a TD, never once even got into the red zone. Brady's passes were all over the place, the few that he got to a receiver were almost as often dropped or picked as they were completed, most of his completions and yardage came in the 4th quarter when I experimented on defense and gave him some wide open receivers against zone coverage (is there any way to play zone defense against to CPU and not get killed? I feel pretty silly calling 2 Man Under or Cover 1 or some slight variation of it on every single play, but it's the only thing I've found to actually work...)

So as this is only the second game I've had with those sliders, this may be an exception and I really have to try them out some more, just wanted to post those stats because I was really shocked how easy it was to keep Brady out of my red zone for a whole game.

When you slid the QB accuracy up to 17 did you slide down the pass blocking or WR catching 2pts so you can keep the total category at 75? You have to keep it at that total to keep an all-madden game play. The total at 77 is more of an all-pro feel.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:08 AM   #35
MVP

Now that you say it, I thought that I did lower Pass Block and Catch by one point each, but I checked it and found out I only lowered Pass Block.

Wow, does that one little point really make that huge of a difference? I mean the difficulty was still at 15, I thought that was the important number?

Last edited by TheDelta; 01-27-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 08:30 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Now that you say it, I thought that I did lower Pass Block and Catch by one point each, but I checked it and found out I only lowered Pass Block.

Wow, does that one little point really make that huge of a difference? I mean the difficulty was still at 15, I thought that was the important number?
Yea it does.. I know it crazy but it does. I tested it plenty of times and the overrall game play of that certain category drops if you do. The total has to stay at 75 or less to keep an all-madden game play. At 76-77 the gameplay drops off to more of a all-pro game play for the particular category. So if you bumped the accuracy up 2 you should have slid the pass blocking down 2 to keep the balance.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #37
MVP

Yeah this is really ridiculous, yesterday I completely shut down Brady and now I lower Pass Blocking by a mere single point and get a completely different game against the Bills. Thanks for pointing that out, looking a lot better now, although I really have no idea how I'm supposed to put up much of a passing game against this difficulty, guess I'll have to get used to this.

Fortunately, running right over them with my huge backfield committee worked just fine (put up 255 rushing yards) and you really see the Fitzpatrick isn't exactly Brady or Manning. Gonna be interesting to play a really good team with these sliders.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:04 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Yeah this is really ridiculous, yesterday I completely shut down Brady and now I lower Pass Blocking by a mere single point and get a completely different game against the Bills. Thanks for pointing that out, looking a lot better now, although I really have no idea how I'm supposed to put up much of a passing game against this difficulty, guess I'll have to get used to this.

Fortunately, running right over them with my huge backfield committee worked just fine (put up 255 rushing yards) and you really see the Fitzpatrick isn't exactly Brady or Manning. Gonna be interesting to play a really good team with these sliders.
Cool I'm glad you see the difference. I been trying to get the word out on that for a while now about the categories needing to be at 75 or less to have and all-madden game play. Lots of people see the difference once they test it.

Yea I was able to run the ball pretty easy with these sliders myself. Once you start getting better you can start to move some of the CPU sliders up some to have a better challenge in certain areas that seem too easy for you once you improve some more.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:30 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 9

Hey props to Jarrod and Fistorage.....you guys are becoming my heroes......I raised the cpu QB acc to 30 and the wr catch stayed at 15....huge difference. More of a short passing game, still some drops, and some batted balls and a pick 6 on my part....much better game. Stats were right on.
You two guys said that QB acc was more about awareness and the QB started finding the short open man more often. You also said that wr catch affects completion % more than the acc and again I saw it in play. I will keep playing around with these sliders but Fistorage....I confess my sliders are going to start looking like yours. It seems that what you have works well. I'm a little skittish about changing my and the cpu run game or defense much because I'm getting good stats.
Thanks again fellas....
Old 01-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 9

BTW Jarrod....I've discovered part of my problem in giving up big plays. I think when guys are downfield I try to switch to another man and sometimes cause the closest guy to miss his tackle as a result. Because everything else was working right last night I noticed this more. Well simple fix at the moment: I use "rewind" (yeah I know shame on me) ....I've been using it all along with 11 because on all madden I'm too erratic kicking and don't want games ruined because I go 1 for 5 on FG's (how come there's no way to practice them like on old gen anyway???). Last night after I made a tackler "run away" I rewound. WAs actually very satisfying to fix my mistake!!!!
Well, for real, I'm trying to get my sliders right as far as stats go and don't care about winning so I guess it's alright.....I feel like I came out of the closet disclosing this now!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »