Home

mjhyankees custom all madden sliders....v.101

This is a discussion on mjhyankees custom all madden sliders....v.101 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2011, 09:51 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: mjhyankees custom all madden sliders....v.101

Yeah I got some problems tackling too, that's why when I expect a deep ball, I always play Cover 2 Man so I'll pretty much always have double coverage on the deep receiver (and always manually assign the two best WRs to my CBs, I was shocked to discover that the auto-assignment regularly had Cromartie covering a TE and some linebacker covering their 2nd WR... how sick is that?) and almost never try to user one of them unless I'm controlling him before the pass gets off, CPU seems to do a good enough job when it can double cover a receiver, maybe I'll miss out on a pick every now and then but I can live with that. I much more prefer to stay with my MLB in the yellow zone, keep the middle clear and prevent late checkdowns if the HB comes out of protection or stop a scramble (Fitzpatrick burned me one time on a 24 Yard scramble on 3rd & 14 because I moved back with the MLB when the receivers got deep... serves me right)

Last edited by TheDelta; 01-27-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 10:02 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
BTW Jarrod....I've discovered part of my problem in giving up big plays. I think when guys are downfield I try to switch to another man and sometimes cause the closest guy to miss his tackle as a result. Because everything else was working right last night I noticed this more. Well simple fix at the moment: I use "rewind" (yeah I know shame on me) ....I've been using it all along with 11 because on all madden I'm too erratic kicking and don't want games ruined because I go 1 for 5 on FG's (how come there's no way to practice them like on old gen anyway???). Last night after I made a tackler "run away" I rewound. WAs actually very satisfying to fix my mistake!!!!
Well, for real, I'm trying to get my sliders right as far as stats go and don't care about winning so I guess it's alright.....I feel like I came out of the closet disclosing this now!
Haha! Rewind huh? Gotta do what you gotta do.. Yea sometimes changing to the man downfield can cause some huge plays. I'm use to it though but occasionally mess up..
Old 01-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Hey props to Jarrod and Fistorage.....you guys are becoming my heroes......I raised the cpu QB acc to 30 and the wr catch stayed at 15....huge difference. More of a short passing game, still some drops, and some batted balls and a pick 6 on my part....much better game. Stats were right on.
You two guys said that QB acc was more about awareness and the QB started finding the short open man more often. You also said that wr catch affects completion % more than the acc and again I saw it in play. I will keep playing around with these sliders but Fistorage....I confess my sliders are going to start looking like yours. It seems that what you have works well. I'm a little skittish about changing my and the cpu run game or defense much because I'm getting good stats.
Thanks again fellas....
Make some changes but you still gotta stay with what works for you. If you like your run game and the CPUs run game don't make changes to it unless its getting too easy for you.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Haha! Rewind huh? Gotta do what you gotta do.. Yea sometimes changing to the man downfield can cause some huge plays. I'm use to it though but occasionally mess up..
Rewind....Haw Haw Haw! MJHYankees is on notice by the NIST(National Institute of Slider Testers)

I did some testing last night, WR catch is definitely tied to route running and has more impact on AI QB accuracy than the QBA slider. Also, the tackle slider effects Pursuit angles so beware on lowering that too much.

I was playing on straight ALL-Madden for the human sliders last night and moved the AI sliders to

Had some great games with realistic results. I think you can get good results with a variety of sliders as long as the ratios are correct.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Rewind....Haw Haw Haw! MJHYankees is on notice by the NIST(National Institute of Slider Testers)

I did some testing last night, WR catch is definitely tied to route running and has more impact on AI QB accuracy than the QBA slider. Also, the tackle slider effects Pursuit angles so beware on lowering that too much.

I was playing on straight ALL-Madden for the human sliders last night and moved the AI sliders to

Had some great games with realistic results. I think you can get good results with a variety of sliders as long as the ratios are correct.
Haha! Yea we got to put you on notice for that Mjhyankee. Haha!

But yea I figured the tackling slider had alot to do with the pursuit angles in connection with the reaction. As soon as I dropped it down a little bit for the CPU it started opening holes for my power backs. Didn't wanna drop it too much because fast because I don't want the fast backs dropping 200 a game. But yea your right its all about the ratio.

I'm really content with where I have my sliders now. Another thing. The USER rush reaction and blockshedding does not affect the USER at all.. Its all about the Tackling. I have the USER tackling on 60 with the reaction and blockshedding on 0 and have the CPUs Breaktackling on 85 and there blockshedding on 80 and I'm still getting good penetration with alot of tackles for losses.. I'm still testing these. They actually almost got 2 kickreturns up the middle. The last man made the tackle. So I might be on to something. I'll let you know how they go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Haha! Yea we got to put you on notice for that Mjhyankee. Haha!

But yea I figured the tackling slider had alot to do with the pursuit angles in connection with the reaction. As soon as I dropped it down a little bit for the CPU it started opening holes for my power backs. Didn't wanna drop it too much because fast because I don't want the fast backs dropping 200 a game. But yea your right its all about the ratio.

I'm really content with where I have my sliders now. Another thing. The USER rush reaction and blockshedding does not affect the USER at all.. Its all about the Tackling. I have the USER tackling on 60 with the reaction and blockshedding on 0 and have the CPUs Breaktackling on 85 and there blockshedding on 80 and I'm still getting good penetration with alot of tackles for losses.. I'm still testing these. They actually almost got 2 kickreturns up the middle. The last man made the tackle. So I might be on to something. I'll let you know how they go.
Let me know how that goes, if you find a way to make the AI return game better I would definitely be interested.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:03 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Let me know how that goes, if you find a way to make the AI return game better I would definitely be interested.
I'm telling they came close twice. I'm gonna keep checking it out but I'm telling you USER rush reaction and blockshedding doesn't affect the run defense much. Tackling is more of what you need and this just might help the return game.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #48
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I'm starting to notice a possible trend here. When I make it harder for the cpu to complete passes he seems to still get plenty of yards. I wonder if that yardage amount would go up if I raised the cpu (and just have less big plays ie. shorter passes). Hm....
Funny u should mention this.... last night i noticed the exact same thing. cpu qbs were throwing WAY too many deep balls!!!! i had to make adjustments to the cpu passing. i'm getting ready to post them now on my slider thread (although i'm still testing).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »