Home

mjhyankees custom all madden sliders....v.101

This is a discussion on mjhyankees custom all madden sliders....v.101 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: mjhyankees custom all madden sliders....v.101

Ok....thanks to fist, jarrod and others for all your help. I've got my sliders pretty much where I want them. There will be some tweaking to get the QB completion % right and of course as my skill gets better (hopefully) I'll have to make adjustments. Jarrod's got me intrigued (as does fist) about how some sliders seem to not matter and others alot. Do date I've come to the conclusion that block shed, break tackle, pass rush (for human anyway) seem to be fine when at or near 0. While tackling, reaction to run and reaction to pass seem to matter a lot.
Also for the cpu, having the QB acc higher than wr catch gives the best results. You guys did great work on this. Hopefully future Madden's will work the same way making sliders for each new game easier to get right.
I'd urge anyone using my sliders, or another's sliders or even making their own to keep these points in mind. They will help immensely. I also have the feeling that different slider combos can yield the same results but this is working fine for me.
One note on threshold. I seem to have found a happy medium at 25. It gives the speed guys the edge they need to stop big plays and occasionally produce a long run (fast backs once in the open field shouldn't get caught from behind - and fast DB's should run down FB, TE's and big HB's.).
I'm going to focus my attention now on fumbles, injuries, and penalties to try to get the right amount per game.
I'm starting a 32 team chise where I will play every game for every team. Right now I'm in the off season leading into the 2011-12 season. I'm in the period where teams are resigning there own guys. Next will be free agents and the draft, then setting up depth charts (ugh...takes forever although i enjoy trying to be fair and thinking as a GM for each team.) I will also keep my create a team chises going. The Oklahoma City Outlaws and the Orlando Vipers. The Viper suffered through a miserable 2010 going 5-11, due to no defense and their starting QB hurt for the first 10 games. They are in the process of drafting some defensive players. The Outlaws are 3-2 (and thanks to the sliders) their 92 ovr defense is stifling the other teams O's....sadly their own O relies on field position and turnovers to generate points as their QB is under 50% and their best back averages just 3.8 per carry. These two chises are good tests for sliders I find. Anyway I'll keep everyone posted.
One note......please if you haven't already, try all madden...the game play is far more realistic, especially for the cpu, imo.....it's been way more fun.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Ok....thanks to fist, jarrod and others for all your help. I've got my sliders pretty much where I want them. There will be some tweaking to get the QB completion % right and of course as my skill gets better (hopefully) I'll have to make adjustments. Jarrod's got me intrigued (as does fist) about how some sliders seem to not matter and others alot. Do date I've come to the conclusion that block shed, break tackle, pass rush (for human anyway) seem to be fine when at or near 0. While tackling, reaction to run and reaction to pass seem to matter a lot.
Also for the cpu, having the QB acc higher than wr catch gives the best results. You guys did great work on this. Hopefully future Madden's will work the same way making sliders for each new game easier to get right.
I'd urge anyone using my sliders, or another's sliders or even making their own to keep these points in mind. They will help immensely. I also have the feeling that different slider combos can yield the same results but this is working fine for me.
One note on threshold. I seem to have found a happy medium at 25. It gives the speed guys the edge they need to stop big plays and occasionally produce a long run (fast backs once in the open field shouldn't get caught from behind - and fast DB's should run down FB, TE's and big HB's.).
I'm going to focus my attention now on fumbles, injuries, and penalties to try to get the right amount per game.
I'm starting a 32 team chise where I will play every game for every team. Right now I'm in the off season leading into the 2011-12 season. I'm in the period where teams are resigning there own guys. Next will be free agents and the draft, then setting up depth charts (ugh...takes forever although i enjoy trying to be fair and thinking as a GM for each team.) I will also keep my create a team chises going. The Oklahoma City Outlaws and the Orlando Vipers. The Viper suffered through a miserable 2010 going 5-11, due to no defense and their starting QB hurt for the first 10 games. They are in the process of drafting some defensive players. The Outlaws are 3-2 (and thanks to the sliders) their 92 ovr defense is stifling the other teams O's....sadly their own O relies on field position and turnovers to generate points as their QB is under 50% and their best back averages just 3.8 per carry. These two chises are good tests for sliders I find. Anyway I'll keep everyone posted.
One note......please if you haven't already, try all madden...the game play is far more realistic, especially for the cpu, imo.....it's been way more fun.
Good post Mjhyankees.. Its been great collaborating with you, Fistofrage, and Steelcityjames listening to different ideas, views, and everything trying to get these sliders right for us all-madden users.. I pretty much have my sliders where I want them too now. I believe our sliders are good sliders choices for anyone out there trying to use some all-madden slider with realistic results. Great work.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:25 PM   #51
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5

What kind of user sack stats r u you getting with hum pass rush set at only 1?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2011, 10:29 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 11

I'm playing with his sliders and I have absolutely no problem pressuring the QB, even with a 3 man rush he gets pressured soon usually, the only time the CPU QB has tons of time is if I rush only 3 and he keeps in additional protection.

On a usual game, I get between 1-4 sacks, usually more when I lead big in the last quarter cause the QB hangs on to the ball for too long looking for the deep throw, I almost always get one or two additional sacks then.

All in all, I gotta admit the sliders are feeling too easy still, especially rushing, I can easily put up 150-200+ yards rushing against almost every D. And I'm playing the Jets, so while I do have a great O-Line, I don't have any of the premier HBs (although LT is a beast on slip screens and swing passes, more than half of Sanchez passings yards are YAC), I guess with a CJ or AP I could easily get a 3000+ yards rushing season for them.

I only started using these sliders after some 4 or 5 games, but I'm still 15-0 now, having blown out opponents regularly, I guess I'll have to bump up the sliders a little for my next season. It still feels challenging (especially passing is tough, often I don't have more than a handful of completions that aren't checkdowns or screens, especially screen passes almost don't seem affected at all by passing accuracy and are pretty much guaranteed completions if the back is open, even on the run, across the body and so on), but sooner or later, the AI starts looking for deep passes which almost never works or tries running out of the gun or using draw plays on 3rd & 6 which my D almost always blows up in the backfield, and as soon as I pull away the game is pretty much done, the AI is just as dumb as on all-pro, halfway through a succesfull drive it begins forcing two or three consecutive deep throws that my secondary defends easily and they have to punt, then they run some overaggressive defense which usually leads to even more points for me, and so on.

Last edited by TheDelta; 01-28-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
I'm playing with his sliders and I have absolutely no problem pressuring the QB, even with a 3 man rush he gets pressured soon usually, the only time the CPU QB has tons of time is if I rush only 3 and he keeps in additional protection.

On a usual game, I get between 1-4 sacks, usually more when I lead big in the last quarter cause the QB hangs on to the ball for too long looking for the deep throw, I almost always get one or two additional sacks then.

All in all, I gotta admit the sliders are feeling too easy still, especially rushing, I can easily put up 150-200+ yards rushing against almost every D. And I'm playing the Jets, so while I do have a great O-Line, I don't have any of the premier HBs (although LT is a beast on slip screens and swing passes, more than half of Sanchez passings yards are YAC), I guess with a CJ or AP I could easily get a 3000+ yards rushing season for them.

I only started using these sliders after some 4 or 5 games, but I'm still 15-0 now, having blown out opponents regularly, I guess I'll have to bump up the sliders a little for my next season. It still feels challenging (especially passing is tough, often I don't have more than a handful of completions that aren't checkdowns or screens, especially screen passes almost don't seem affected at all by passing accuracy and are pretty much guaranteed completions if the back is open, even on the run, across the body and so on), but sooner or later, the AI starts looking for deep passes which almost never works or tries running out of the gun or using draw plays on 3rd & 6 which my D almost always blows up in the backfield, and as soon as I pull away the game is pretty much done, the AI is just as dumb as on all-pro, halfway through a succesfull drive it begins forcing two or three consecutive deep throws that my secondary defends easily and they have to punt, then they run some overaggressive defense which usually leads to even more points for me, and so on.
Yea you might wanna start raising some of the CPU sliders in the areas that your having and easy time with so you can get a better challenge..
Old 01-29-2011, 08:57 AM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta

Very simple...lower the run block slider until you get what you want...try going to 25 (default) and see how it is. Or you can try one of the other all madden sets....whatever works.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityjames
What kind of user sack stats r u you getting with hum pass rush set at only 1?
I'm getting an NFL average, usually between 1-3 sacks per game. More if I blitz late in games when he's trying to go long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2011, 08:56 AM   #56
MVP

Ok here are some stats....I'm running a 32 team chise and have finished the offseason and into the 2011-12 season. The opening game was Cleve - Cincy. Clevelands numbers will be first/ Cincy next.
Cincy won 20-17. (and didn't use the rewind button once!!!!)

Total yards: 325/263
Rushing: 25-124/32-119
Passing:201/164
No turnovers.
Penalties 5-30/0-0
McCoy 14-19, 196 yards, 2 TD. LeFevour 14-27 171 yards 1 TD.
Hillis 14-54 yards, Hardesty 6 carries 41 yards.....Benson 23-99, Scott 6-23.

1 sack in the game by Cincy.

Comments: Palmer was hurt for Cincy hence the backup playing. I also screwed up the clock using 11 instead of 12 which is alright until I start running the game clock down at games end so I had only 107 plays. With the clock right I'd have run about 15 more plays or so. Which would have bumped up each teams total yards by about 30-40 yards each.
I can't explain the penalties although I find them to be one sided most games. If this trend continues I'll have to bump up holding as there didn't seem to be enough of those.
turnovers as well...two mediocre QB's usually means more picks but both D's are bad so it's hard to say.
Never judge by one game though......I'll post several more as I go.
PS...I'm not saying which team I was...see if you can guess by the stats....if you can't tell then that's a good sign of balance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »