Home

Default All Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Default All Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2011, 01:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Default All Madden sliders

Alright..If you haven't tried this yet, do it. I've been playing madden 11 since It came out and got so sick of trying to find the "perfect slider set" as of none of them worked out that great for me. So today I was bored and decided just to try the game as how it was, for what it was made for. I decided to play a full game on the default settings "all madden" I also changed the CPU and gameplay options to default. The only modification I did to these was changed the camera to zoom and the game clock to 11 mins 15 acc so I could get 120 plays a game.

So my first game with the default all madden sliders, I was having a blast the whole game. It wasn't that hard, nor easy, but just right. I was the packers and played against the bears. The final score was 10-16, I lost. It was a pretty good defensive battle. mostly 3 and outs for both of the teams. My last drive of the game ended up a touchdown drive. and had another great drive in the beginning of the game. The bears ended up winning, cutler did pretty well but ended up with 3 interceptions, (he did it before, right?.) Maybe the bad snowy weather had something to do with it? yet, they still managed to win, but only by a few.

I played several games and noticed that your RB player rating actually means something if you want to pursue a running game as a majority. If you have a great RB, you will have a great realistic run game whereas if you have a nooby RB like, 70's you will not have pro bowling running games but decent ones.

I loved the pass game, It wasn't to hard, to easy, it was just right. My QB's avg about 50-65 % accuracy. lean more towards the upper 50's.

The CPU, The CPU is great and realistic. The better your team, the less likely a nooby team will walk right over you. If you have a crappy team playing against a Superbowl type team. Be prepared for battle. Regardless of what scenario, the CPU is totally capable of gaining yards and they are maintainable.

So yeah..wondering if anyone else can get great games with these as well?
I personally had everything on default besides the game clock and camera. The penalties, st, and coaching sliders can all be altered. But 11 mins 15 ac and the zoom camera is all I changed.

so yeah, I would give these a go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Default All Madden sliders

I'd like to see the game stats. Also what are the default cpu settings? Are they all 50??

I tried playing all madden, and maybe i'm not that good or something but I found that 1) neither team can run the ball well. You may occasionally get a 80 TD run but otherwise they are averaging 1.5-2.0 ypc.

The other problem is I find the cpu passing game insane. He'll easily go 25 for 28 for 350 yards. Meanwhile my guys will drop passes left an right and I'd be luck to get over 50%.

If your stats are good, god bless ya, I'm jealous. In the meantime I'm struggling to try to find stuff that gives me realistic stats (see NFL averages for yards, completion %, ypc etc.).
Old 01-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

I haven't played the default all madden since I first got the game. Thats when the CPUs pass rush , pass block, and rushing was insane.. I'm sure the game play is a lot better now with the patch. I just wouldn't be able to handle all of the drop passes on default 25.. They just drop too many ball per game. But I'm sure its a whole lot better then it was when the game 1st came out now that they fixed alot of areas but I like playing with my sliders now..
Old 01-19-2011, 10:38 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I haven't played the default all madden since I first got the game. Thats when the CPUs pass rush , pass block, and rushing was insane.. I'm sure the game play is a lot better now with the patch. I just wouldn't be able to handle all of the drop passes on default 25.. They just drop too many ball per game. But I'm sure its a whole lot better then it was when the game 1st came out now that they fixed alot of areas but I like playing with my sliders now..
All-Madden default plays a great game of football......But I had 2 issues with it.

1. I was able to shred them with the running game. The AI reaction was too low and the RB's are just too fast in this game so I would break at least 1 50+ yard run per game. Sometimes muliple 70 yard runs. Getting 200 yards rushing was the norm. 300 wasn't out of the question with AP or McFadden.

2. With human pass reaction at 25, the AI could shred you pretty easily. But I play only the DT so that may not be a valid concern if you play other positions.

Now you can adjust the AI to compensate for this, but then its not true default Madden anymore. And yes, the human catch is a little low. 45-50 is where it needs to be otherwise you are looking at 5-7 drops per game.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
All-Madden default plays a great game of football......But I had 2 issues with it.

1. I was able to shred them with the running game. The AI reaction was too low and the RB's are just too fast in this game so I would break at least 1 50+ yard run per game. Sometimes muliple 70 yard runs. Getting 200 yards rushing was the norm. 300 wasn't out of the question with AP or McFadden.

2. With human pass reaction at 25, the AI could shred you pretty easily. But I play only the DT so that may not be a valid concern if you play other positions.

Now you can adjust the AI to compensate for this, but then its not true default Madden anymore. And yes, the human catch is a little low. 45-50 is where it needs to be otherwise you are looking at 5-7 drops per game.
Thats why I can't play default.. I know I would hate seeing those drop balls and I know I would be killing them with da outside run game with the runblocking at 25 and I already know what the CPU can do to your pass defense with the USER pass reaction at 25. I have to use custom sliders to make it right for me but I'm sure its alot better then it was when the game 1st came out with the new patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »