Home

Slider research

This is a discussion on Slider research within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Slider research

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I realized the tackling slider means alot in connection with the reaction. When I had the CPUs tackling at 60-65 and the USER Breaktackles at 50 and runblocking at 0 for some reason it was tough for me to run inside but I was still able to get my yards with fast backs to the outside. So thats when I started messing around moving the runblocking up to 5(Breaktackles 45) and tryed that out and I was able to run inside a little better but my outside running with fast backs was just to easy. So just recently I decided to move the USER runblocking back down to 0 and the runblocking back up to 50 but drop the CPUs tackling down to 50-55 range and noticed after a few games of this I was able to run inside alot better.. I just recently had a big game running inside with Jacobs with a big long TD run up the middle.. So I believe if you have the USER runblocking and the CPUs blockshedding even at whatever number you have it at you have to keep the CPUs tackling and and USER breaktackling around the same or the CPU tackling no more then 5 more then the the USER breaktackling. I'm getting nice inside running with it like this now with the CPU rush reaction at 100.

So I guess with CPUs tackling at a certain amount higher then your breaktackles it makes them crash on you and make big hits and tackles in the backfield more often then if its closer to the USER breaktackle range with the reaction high like I have it.
I would say that if you have tackling up too high, the inside run game disappears because its almost like the tackle slider effects block shedding sometimes.

Run block and block shedding aren't nearly as effective as the other sliders. I just hve to get the right balance.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I would say that if you have tackling up too high, the inside run game disappears because its almost like the tackle slider effects block shedding sometimes.

Run block and block shedding aren't nearly as effective as the other sliders. I just hve to get the right balance.
Thats excatly what I think now. I'm pretty much set with my USER rushing now with USER breaktackles 50, Runblocking 0 and CPU Tackling 50 and blockshedding 0. I like it at this balance. If I feel my run is too easy I'll just slide the CPU tackling up in 1s until I hit that spot but I'm good with it at this now. I just know I didn't like it with the CPU tackling at 60 so I'm in the area now.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Thats excatly what I think now. I'm pretty much set with my USER rushing now with USER breaktackles 50, Runblocking 0 and CPU Tackling 50 and blockshedding 0. I like it at this balance. If I feel my run is too easy I'll just slide the CPU tackling up in 1s until I hit that spot but I'm good with it at this now. I just know I didn't like it with the CPU tackling at 60 so I'm in the area now.
I've been keeping the User RBA and the AI tackle at the same level for some time now. I get 2 or 3 BTK's per game. But I have had my RBA lower around 25 and then at 40. I think I'm going to try 50 tonight.

Do you see alot of pick 6's with the Human RBA that high? On NCAA if the human RBA was too high, you would easily return picks for TD's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I think it plays a bit easier in Franchise than play now this year.

Has anyone tried using a speed threshold above 50? I am finding that the RB's in this game are just too fast. I see defensive secondaries with players speed in the high 80's and alot of RB's speed in the mid to high 90's. It causes issues once you get to the second level, its like the Roadrunner vs. the Coyote. Meep Meep and you are gone. I would like to see even the fastest running backs get caught down field because players just don't break that many long ruins in real life. It must have to be with the pursuit angles of the second level. I haven't analyzed it quite enough, but I already play with the AI reaction up pretty high.
I"ve got mine at 25 right now....threshold that is....I've caught guys from behind and been caught downfield as well.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #37
MVP

On old gen I had great success with sliders by LOWERING them to make things happen rather than raising them. I believe, and I'm not alone in this, that raising sliders flattens out the differences in various ratings. Lowering creates bigger differences. Sometimes you have to raise them, especially the reaction times, to give the cpu a chance but i try to adjust things by lowering the slider of the side that's too good, not raise the side that's struggling. This obviously doesnt work in all cases but at least I keep good differentiation between skill levels.
Again, I may suck at playing, I dont' know, but when I had the cpu QB slider up in the 30, 40, or 50 range, it seemed every QB was the same. I had a real kiniption (sp?) when kerry collings was shredding my 90+ defense on my create a team. Three games in a row he had 80% or near completion and threw for over 300 yards every time.....something was wrong. Now with the cpu lower I get more real stats and more differentiation between opposing qBs'.

BTw, I read somewhere on this site that the create a teams don't play up to their levels? Like a team with a 90 ovr, plays like an 83 over or something like that....I'm sure seeing it on my setup. The Giants D is playing much better than the create a team, who's D should be @ 5 points higher than the Giants if I remember. Hmmmmmmm......
Old 01-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Could you update where your sliders are as of now.I just played a game with your sliders from your other post and this is my results:
MIN(Me)14 vs NO(Cpu)30
PASSING
J.Webb 14 for 29 217yds 48% 2 TD 2 Int Sacked 2
D.Brees 16 for 29 300yds 55% 2 TD 0 Int Sacked 0
RUSHING
A.Peterson 11 att 30 yds 2.7 avg
P.Thomas 14 att 16 yds 1.1avg
R.Bush 3 att 10 yds 3.3 avg
I know you have been doing so great testing and wonder if there is anything you see changing?
Old 01-20-2011, 06:04 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2010
Could you update where your sliders are as of now.I just played a game with your sliders from your other post and this is my results:
MIN(Me)14 vs NO(Cpu)30
PASSING
J.Webb 14 for 29 217yds 48% 2 TD 2 Int Sacked 2
D.Brees 16 for 29 300yds 55% 2 TD 0 Int Sacked 0
RUSHING
A.Peterson 11 att 30 yds 2.7 avg
P.Thomas 14 att 16 yds 1.1avg
R.Bush 3 att 10 yds 3.3 avg
I know you have been doing so great testing and wonder if there is anything you see changing?
Check the front of this thread they are updated. I'm thinking I have to help the cpu running game lately. Your numbers aren't bad on the stats...some tweaking will fix it I"m sure.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Check the front of this thread they are updated. I'm thinking I have to help the cpu running game lately. Your numbers aren't bad on the stats...some tweaking will fix it I"m sure.
I don't see them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »