Home

SLIDERS FOR ALL-MADDEN "BEGINNERS"

This is a discussion on SLIDERS FOR ALL-MADDEN "BEGINNERS" within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #57
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: SLIDERS FOR ALL-MADDEN "BEGINNERS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Stats???? I'm curious about how your QB % was.
Here are the stats from "The Rain Bowl" in miami... (cpu)Miami 30- (me)Steelers 6

PASSING
Big Ben 18-46 (39%) 188yds 0td 3int
Henne 13-28 (46%) 236yds 2td 1int

RUSHING
Mendenhall 11-24
R. Brown 24-68 1td
R. Williams 11-39

RECEIVING
Wallace 4-48
Miller 4-37
D. Bess 3-72 1td
Marshall 3-46 1td

Neither team was able to get much offense going. miami was able to put points on the board because they dominated field position the entire game and too often i was able to make them settle for FGs. Since this game i managed to rebound with back-to-back wins over saints & bengals. next up is new england in the rain (imagine that)....i will post stats for the n.e game when finished
Old 02-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #58
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

Is it just me or are the patriots extremely easy to beat on madden 11? i've played them a ton of times and can't recall losing to them. brady puts up good numbers , but they're easy to keep out of the endzone by playing a "bend but don't break" style of D..... just played them in the rain and won 21-6.... i managed to hold them to just 2 fgs despite brady throwing for around 340 yds. Does anyone else find the pats easy to beat?
Old 02-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityjames
Is it just me or are the patriots extremely easy to beat on madden 11? i've played them a ton of times and can't recall losing to them. brady puts up good numbers , but they're easy to keep out of the endzone by playing a "bend but don't break" style of D..... just played them in the rain and won 21-6.... i managed to hold them to just 2 fgs despite brady throwing for around 340 yds. Does anyone else find the pats easy to beat?
They definitely got easier to beat since the Moss trade.. I haven't loss to them since that happen I know..
Old 02-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #60
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
They definitely got easier to beat since the Moss trade.. I haven't loss to them since that happen I know..
if i controlled other teams, this is what i would do: change the wr depth chart.... put branch at 1 and welker at 2. moss used to be 1 & welker 2.... with welker now #1 on the depth chart, he's running moss' routes while branch is running welker's... i think this has thrown their entire offense out of whack. welker is NOT a downfield wr. so with him running moss' routes he's useless...
Old 02-01-2011, 11:08 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
if i controlled other teams, this is what i would do: change the wr depth chart.... put branch at 1 and welker at 2. moss used to be 1 & welker 2.... with welker now #1 on the depth chart, he's running moss' routes while branch is running welker's... i think this has thrown their entire offense out of whack. welker is NOT a downfield wr. so with him running moss' routes he's useless...
Yea thats excatly how I have it with Tate being number 1 and Welker number 2 and Welker gets at least 10 catches a game when you play the Patriots. Tate is an A potential and has came up over the years. I had started my franchise before they improved Branch so he's some trash right now.. Haha!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 01:03 AM   #62
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

Looking closely at my season so far it's becoming WWWWayyyyyy too obvious that this game is based too much on speed. looking at the rosters of the teams i played so far, i've noticed a pattern: every one of my losses has been against an opponent that has more team speed than i do. the same the other way too. every one of my wins is against a team that doesn't have as much speed as the teams i've lost to. my next opponent is the raiders. they have a fast rb (McFadden), and every wr on their roster has a speed rating of 90 or higher. i just easily beat the patriots, but i'm willing to bet the raiders will be tougher because of their speed. the only way to make speed less important is to raise the threshold, but i'm leaving it at 50.... i'm tired of experimenting with it LOL... i'll post stats when finished.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Looking closely at my season so far it's becoming WWWWayyyyyy too obvious that this game is based too much on speed. looking at the rosters of the teams i played so far, i've noticed a pattern: every one of my losses has been against an opponent that has more team speed than i do. the same the other way too. every one of my wins is against a team that doesn't have as much speed as the teams i've lost to. my next opponent is the raiders. they have a fast rb (McFadden), and every wr on their roster has a speed rating of 90 or higher. i just easily beat the patriots, but i'm willing to bet the raiders will be tougher because of their speed. the only way to make speed less important is to raise the threshold, but i'm leaving it at 50.... i'm tired of experimenting with it LOL... i'll post stats when finished.
Yea that is somewhat true. You have to gameplan a little bit different for those teams. Didn't you lose to Miami? They don't have any team speed especially at WR.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #64
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yea that is somewhat true. You have to gameplan a little bit different for those teams. Didn't you lose to Miami? They don't have any team speed especially at WR.
Oh yeah, miami.... good point.VERY good point. i forgot about that one... must have blocked that from my mind Ha!!! I'm glad you're right about that. maybe speed isn't everything. MOSTLY everything Ha!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »