Home

DEFENSIVE Sliders (Tough)

This is a discussion on DEFENSIVE Sliders (Tough) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: DEFENSIVE Sliders (Tough)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsfan35
When you guys say money plays, what type of plays are you referring to? I saw you said the streaks play as a money play, which I never call that play because it lacks creativity, but what other plays are considered money plays on this years madden game.

It's probably up to the user. I've found that nothing works everytime on this year's game. I believe there is something built into the cpu that adjusts if you use the same plays over and over. I'm good at (and like) throwing over the middle on slants and crosses. They are short throws (meaning most QB's will be more accurate) and easy to see (the outside patterns, unless you have a big TV are invisible at times.). Yet I've often called this on 3rd or 4th down, counting on a completion only to have the cpu cover it.
I haven't had the success some others have on their streak patterns. Maybe because my settings are fairly tough for passing (although others are harder). Ive had one or two games with Cutler and someone else strongf armed where I completed some bombs but otherwise they are incomplete or picked.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
It's probably up to the user. I've found that nothing works everytime on this year's game. I believe there is something built into the cpu that adjusts if you use the same plays over and over. I'm good at (and like) throwing over the middle on slants and crosses. They are short throws (meaning most QB's will be more accurate) and easy to see (the outside patterns, unless you have a big TV are invisible at times.). Yet I've often called this on 3rd or 4th down, counting on a completion only to have the cpu cover it.
I haven't had the success some others have on their streak patterns. Maybe because my settings are fairly tough for passing (although others are harder). Ive had one or two games with Cutler and someone else strongf armed where I completed some bombs but otherwise they are incomplete or picked.
Ya I use a west coast style passing game, lot of short routes due to Matt Cassel lack of accuracy the Chiefs so so line, and I would say one of the worst wide receiver crews in football. I do like the screen game with Jamaal Charles, he is justifiably so a beast on the game, I m glad that he got the respect he deserves, we usually dont get that here in Kansas City
Old 02-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees

Its just a play when your like in 3 or 4 wide and the DB or LB is in a blitz position by the line but not excatly on the slot WR and you can hot route to that WR with a streak and he's Wide open.. Its not always there but when it is there it results in a TD if you have a fast WR. One of my friends who is the Eagles likes to slip that in sometimes when its there. He looks for that kind of BS. But we banned him from using any kind of glitches or bugs like that..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 02-21-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Its just a play but when your like in 3 or 4 wide and the DB or LB is in a blitz position by the line but not excatly on the WR and you can hot route to that WR with a streak and he's Wide open.. Its not always there but when it is there it results in a TD if you have a fast WR. One of my friends who is the Eagles likes to slip that in sometimes when its there. He looks for that kind of BS. But we banned him from using any kind of glitches or bugs like that..
Ya I see no fun in doing that, if I do hot route to a streak it is only to open up another route, and even that I rarely do.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Ya I see no fun in doing that, if I do hot route to a streak it is only to open up another route, and even that I rarely do.

Yea it isn't. I hate watching my friend play because he always looking for BS to exploit the CPU with instead of trying to play the game. Now that we forced him to cut out the BS he's struggling with winning games. Every year he finds something and its irritating to watch for real.. Haha!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2011, 04:13 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Ya I use a west coast style passing game, lot of short routes due to Matt Cassel lack of accuracy the Chiefs so so line, and I would say one of the worst wide receiver crews in football. I do like the screen game with Jamaal Charles, he is justifiably so a beast on the game, I m glad that he got the respect he deserves, we usually dont get that here in Kansas City
WHAT!?!?!?!?!?

Dude .... I use the Bears so you dont know meaning of one worst wide receiver crews in football.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 10

a slight change to my sliders but I haven't really played offline for a while because of me making my rosters
Old 02-26-2011, 09:32 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Competitor
a slight change to my sliders but I haven't really played offline for a while because of me making my rosters
You better do some testing because the CPUs rush defense maxed out like that might be brutal with that slight tweak you did to the USER rushing..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »