Home

TheDelta's Custom All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on TheDelta's Custom All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2011, 12:27 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: TheDelta's Custom All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
I will definitely try that for my next games tomorrow, my main problem is right now that often, I get stuffed in the beginning or the middle phases of the game, and in the 4th quarter, it seems as if they're just letting down, I guess it's because when the CPU is down late in the game, they blitz more often and more obviously, so it's easy to adjust the play and especially an outside blitz can be burned by a simple HB dive for 6-10 yards more often than not, and as I'm running an unbalanced formation with both WRs to the left for most of the game, it's pretty easy to make out pressure coming from the outside, and if the blitzing OLB doesn't get me before I'm up to speed it's almost guaranteed 10+ yards especially since both Fitz and Bush (who's #2 on my WR depth chart) are decent blockers as well a run to their side always has big play potential, too.

I'll just have to keep working on it, I guess, to keep the game challenging.
Yea thats all you can do.. You'll find that perfect spot soon.. It was best for you to start where you started and now you know excatly what you need to raise to make the game challenging yet realistic.. Good work.. Some more guys need to try these..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 11

Oh boy... I'm really getting too good at this, I think I gotta open up my playbook a little, with my two formation/five plays scheme I don't think the CPU is able to stop me. I pumped up Pass Reaction to 75 and Run to 85 as you recommended, and this is what I got...

St. Louis 17
Arizona 66

Passing

S. Bradford 19/34, 209 Yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs (both picks were throws into the endzone)
M. Galvin 18/28, 307 Yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT (short pass that an LB jumped on for 6, I could swear it hit the ground before he scooped it up, the game even let me challenge it but the ruling was upheld)

Rushing

S. Jackson 19 ATTs, 82 Yards
K. Toston 6 ATTs, 16 Yards
S. Bradford 6 ATTs, 32 Yards (I don't think I've ever had a QB scramble that much on me)

B. Wells 22 ATTs, 116 Yards, 2 TDs

I really thought pumping up Rush Reaction would make the return game harder... well for about 7 seconds at least until Bush took the opening kick off back for 6. I got them to 3 & out, and guess what Bush did with the punt? Yeah, I was up 14-3 with more than half the first quarter gone until my offense actually took the field for the first time, and they continued the slaughter.

Oh, and on the opening kickoff for the second half, the Rams fumbled and Washington recovered and took the ball in for 6, so I've had 21 points off of special teams in this match, not too shabby.

What bugs me so much is, that when the CPU calls smart plays, it can burn me easily. It's just so hard to cover all those short routes on 3rd & 5 they almost always get me through the air, but no, the CPU continues to call shotgun runs on 3rd down despite them getting stuffed pretty much every single time. One time they called a weird passing play out of their jumbo singleback set and the single WR was actually the only one running a route, I think I'll call this one the "ultra protect" pass from now on, with no less than 9 guys in the block. Surprisingly, Bradford did not manage to complete the 30 yard deep ball against triple coverage...

Well, it's only the Rams, so I'll wait how I do against the Ravens in my next matchup, but I think I have to beef up the CPU QB Accuracy a little more to keep them in business.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Oh boy... I'm really getting too good at this, I think I gotta open up my playbook a little, with my two formation/five plays scheme I don't think the CPU is able to stop me. I pumped up Pass Reaction to 75 and Run to 85 as you recommended, and this is what I got...

St. Louis 17
Arizona 66

Passing

S. Bradford 19/34, 209 Yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs (both picks were throws into the endzone)
M. Galvin 18/28, 307 Yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT (short pass that an LB jumped on for 6, I could swear it hit the ground before he scooped it up, the game even let me challenge it but the ruling was upheld)

Rushing

S. Jackson 19 ATTs, 82 Yards
K. Toston 6 ATTs, 16 Yards
S. Bradford 6 ATTs, 32 Yards (I don't think I've ever had a QB scramble that much on me)

B. Wells 22 ATTs, 116 Yards, 2 TDs

I really thought pumping up Rush Reaction would make the return game harder... well for about 7 seconds at least until Bush took the opening kick off back for 6. I got them to 3 & out, and guess what Bush did with the punt? Yeah, I was up 14-3 with more than half the first quarter gone until my offense actually took the field for the first time, and they continued the slaughter.

Oh, and on the opening kickoff for the second half, the Rams fumbled and Washington recovered and took the ball in for 6, so I've had 21 points off of special teams in this match, not too shabby.

What bugs me so much is, that when the CPU calls smart plays, it can burn me easily. It's just so hard to cover all those short routes on 3rd & 5 they almost always get me through the air, but no, the CPU continues to call shotgun runs on 3rd down despite them getting stuffed pretty much every single time. One time they called a weird passing play out of their jumbo singleback set and the single WR was actually the only one running a route, I think I'll call this one the "ultra protect" pass from now on, with no less than 9 guys in the block. Surprisingly, Bradford did not manage to complete the 30 yard deep ball against triple coverage...

Well, it's only the Rams, so I'll wait how I do against the Ravens in my next matchup, but I think I have to beef up the CPU QB Accuracy a little more to keep them in business.

Well it might be time to go full blast with both run and pass reaction at 100 now and you definitely need to beef up the CPUs accuracy. I've noticed you been playing lights out Defense against most of the QBs you played.

You still occassionally will get some returns games like that but I have my reaction on 100 so I don't see it that much. I definitely want you to put the rush reaction on 100 before you decide to go any lower with your USER runblocking. So put both reaction sliders on 100 and see how it goes.. Looks like your starting to get use to the high reaction but its a different animal on 100.. haha!
Old 03-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #28
MVP

I upped the Reaction sliders by another 5 points, will do so each game until the game really feels too hard to beat to find my "sweet spot".CPU QB Accuracy is at 60, catching at 40.

Finally "managed" to lose another one against the Ravens, although I'm a little pissed about this one. I had this game well in hand coming into the 4th quarter leading by two possessions and having the ball... next play my QB gets strip-sacked, my RB clearly jumps on the ball that somehow teleports into the hands of the DE about two yards away... of course the Ravens score, the very next posession begins with a short slant to Fitzgerald... that my rookie QB "completes" on a painfully obviously scripted pick 6 to Webb. I really hate it when the game does that, I guess it's the equivalent of rolling a "natural 1" in D&D, sometimes you just throw a ball directly to the opponent, there is no chance whatsoever that this ball was ever going anywhere near the guy I wanted to throw it to...

So the Ravens go up by 3, I muster an excellent 3 minute offensive drive at the end, actually scoring the TD with less than a minute on the clock, just to get marked down at the 1 for some reason. I get the option to challenge and of course I do, but the ruling is upheld. I even went to Instant Replay, the ball clearly crossed the plane, nearly half the ball is clearly in the endzone as Bush's knee hits the ground. I really don't understand the point of challenges in the game as whether a call gets overturned doesn't seem to have anything to do with what really happened.

Oh, the next play of course was another scripted interception in the endzone for the game, but I kind of expected that one.

Concerning the sliders, it felt good, still not too difficult to complete passes if I make the right decisions (I really gotta work on that more, I sometimes press the wrong button when the pressure gets close that's a killer of course), and I'm still at 8-2 so I got lots of time left to get it right.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
I upped the Reaction sliders by another 5 points, will do so each game until the game really feels too hard to beat to find my "sweet spot".CPU QB Accuracy is at 60, catching at 40.

Finally "managed" to lose another one against the Ravens, although I'm a little pissed about this one. I had this game well in hand coming into the 4th quarter leading by two possessions and having the ball... next play my QB gets strip-sacked, my RB clearly jumps on the ball that somehow teleports into the hands of the DE about two yards away... of course the Ravens score, the very next posession begins with a short slant to Fitzgerald... that my rookie QB "completes" on a painfully obviously scripted pick 6 to Webb. I really hate it when the game does that, I guess it's the equivalent of rolling a "natural 1" in D&D, sometimes you just throw a ball directly to the opponent, there is no chance whatsoever that this ball was ever going anywhere near the guy I wanted to throw it to...

So the Ravens go up by 3, I muster an excellent 3 minute offensive drive at the end, actually scoring the TD with less than a minute on the clock, just to get marked down at the 1 for some reason. I get the option to challenge and of course I do, but the ruling is upheld. I even went to Instant Replay, the ball clearly crossed the plane, nearly half the ball is clearly in the endzone as Bush's knee hits the ground. I really don't understand the point of challenges in the game as whether a call gets overturned doesn't seem to have anything to do with what really happened.

Oh, the next play of course was another scripted interception in the endzone for the game, but I kind of expected that one.

Concerning the sliders, it felt good, still not too difficult to complete passes if I make the right decisions (I really gotta work on that more, I sometimes press the wrong button when the pressure gets close that's a killer of course), and I'm still at 8-2 so I got lots of time left to get it right.

Sounds like your getting there.. What was the score?
Old 03-05-2011, 11:28 PM   #30
MVP

Final score on that one was 30-27 for the Ravens.

Got the next one down, this time against the Steelers, I thought I'd give it a try pumping up the Reaction sliders to 100 and this is what I got

Arizona - 27
Pittsburgh - 17

Passing

M. Galvin 10/17, 157 Yards, 2 TDs, 1 INTs
B. Roethlisberger 21/31, 248 Yards, 1 TDs, 1 INTs

Rushing

R. Mendenhall 20 ATTs, 44 Yards, 1 TD
B. Roethlisberger 3 ATTs, 10 Yards
J. Dwyer 3 ATTs, 17 Yards
I. Redman 1 ATT, 12 Yards

B. Wells 20 ATTs, 151 Yards, 1 TD
R. Bush 10 ATTs, 29 Yards

As you can see, another field day for Wells, the Rushing Reaction at 100 didn't stop him from getting an enormous 7.5 YPC. My passing offense was a bit more pedestrian, but honestly, I didn't need it for much of the game.

The Steelers actually kept the game close long and led at halftime, their Rushing stats don't look as impressive but they were able to convert quite some 3rd downs on the ground so that's a plus. But their rushing defense being unable to contain Wells combined with the fact that it was a strong wind that made most of Roethlisbergers deep balls miss wide prevented them from making a big comeback. Oh and he had some really questionable playcalls again on their last drive when they were down by 10 with 2:30 to go... ton of short underneath routes, some even got stopped for a loss after the completion.

So those sliders are definitely staying at the top for now.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:01 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Final score on that one was 30-27 for the Ravens.

Got the next one down, this time against the Steelers, I thought I'd give it a try pumping up the Reaction sliders to 100 and this is what I got

Arizona - 27
Pittsburgh - 17

Passing

M. Galvin 10/17, 157 Yards, 2 TDs, 1 INTs
B. Roethlisberger 21/31, 248 Yards, 1 TDs, 1 INTs

Rushing

R. Mendenhall 20 ATTs, 44 Yards, 1 TD
B. Roethlisberger 3 ATTs, 10 Yards
J. Dwyer 3 ATTs, 17 Yards
I. Redman 1 ATT, 12 Yards

B. Wells 20 ATTs, 151 Yards, 1 TD
R. Bush 10 ATTs, 29 Yards

As you can see, another field day for Wells, the Rushing Reaction at 100 didn't stop him from getting an enormous 7.5 YPC. My passing offense was a bit more pedestrian, but honestly, I didn't need it for much of the game.

The Steelers actually kept the game close long and led at halftime, their Rushing stats don't look as impressive but they were able to convert quite some 3rd downs on the ground so that's a plus. But their rushing defense being unable to contain Wells combined with the fact that it was a strong wind that made most of Roethlisbergers deep balls miss wide prevented them from making a big comeback. Oh and he had some really questionable playcalls again on their last drive when they were down by 10 with 2:30 to go... ton of short underneath routes, some even got stopped for a loss after the completion.

So those sliders are definitely staying at the top for now.

Nice stats.. If you continue to gash the CPU with the run you definitely need to start slowing dropping the runblocking and raising the USER breaktackles and CPUs tackling until you make it to 50.. You definitely on your way..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #32
MVP

Another game, and I don't think I can't afford any more "wins" like this...

Arizona 34
Washington 24

Passing

M. Galvin 10/18, 185 Yards, 0 TDs, 1 INTs (again an obviously predetermined toss to a defender but what can you do? Well the game was played in pouring rain and strong wind, so I guess he has an excuse)
D. McNabb 23/37, 344 Yards, 1 TDs, 1 INTs (ton of Yardage in garbage time, let him march down the field twice on me in the 4th quarter)

Rushing

B. Wells 18 ATTs, 105 Yards, 3 TDs
R. Bush 12 ATTs, 30 Yards
L. Stephens-Howling 4 ATTs, 12 Yards, 1 TD

R. Torain 13 ATTs, 54 Yards
C. Portis 5 ATTs, 30 Yards, 1 TD
D. McNabb 4 ATTs, 23 Yards, 1 TDs

Well, I guess my season just got that much tougher... Wells went out in the second half after the curse of the broken collarbone hit him, and since I got a running scheme mostly based on power inside runs, that just didn't work out too well with Bush and Stephens-Howling as my only backs. Guess I'm desperate enough to use Conner more in the rushing game or hit Free Agency to look for a cheap power runner. Wells is out for 6 weeks, which means he could be back for the Championship game if I get there.

Redskins offense was a mixed bunch, but all in all it was my D who won this game, another pedestrian performance by Galvin but again, I didn't rely on him too much as long as Wells was still in the game. About half of McNabbs yardage came in the 4th when I was in quarters coverage, as I was up 17 with 5 minutes to go I let them have all those 10 yard gains and kept the clock running.

I guess if Wells was still healthy I'd try dropping the Run Block down, might do so anyway for the last couple games to see if I get stuffed like I should be, but I'm not decided on that yet.

I decided to pick up Jason Snelling from Free Agency, I simply can't spare to have Bush in as my 1st down back he's too useful in the return game and as a receiver for that and I need a power back. Dropped Run Block down to 4, will drop it a point every game from now on until I'm satisfied.

Cincinatti 10
Arizona 20

Passing

C. Palmer 12/22, 154 Yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
M. Galvin 15/22, 167 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

Rushing

C. Benson 15 ATTs, 73 Yards
B. Scott 4 ATTs, 7 Yards

J. Snelling 30 ATTs, 136 Yards, 1 TD
R. Bush 7 ATTs, 23 Yards
L. Stephens-Howling 3 ATTs, 18 Yards

Either I'm really getting better at this, or these sliders are still too soft. Well, as you can see, Snelling had a hell of a first game. No big plays, but he was one consistent workhorse of a back if I ever saw one.

But then I think the Bengals are a really bad team right now. Ocho was completely shutdown by RC (who leads the league in interceptions, he's a real beast of CB and will only get better for the next years) and the rest of my corners had not much of a problem keeping Palmer's options limited, so I saw tons of checkdowns, lots of 3rd down passes that were completed but short. Benson could be a real weapon as a power back but since the CPU can't understand that and keeps running him outside or out of the gun well... he was much less dangerous than he could've been.

Last edited by TheDelta; 03-06-2011 at 11:42 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »