Home

Sliding through the difficulty gap

This is a discussion on Sliding through the difficulty gap within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2011, 12:09 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Sliding through the difficulty gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofbacon
Ok, I started a game right before that last post, so the sliders weren't adjusted yet, but here's some stats.

Tampa - 49
Giants - 14

QB - 149.8 rating, 13 for 17, 183 yards 2 TD 0 INT
CPUQB - 60.9 rating, 15 for 26, 234 yards 1 TD 4 INT

HB1: 22 for 154 yds, 2 TD
HB2: 1 for 17 yds
QB also rushed for an 8 yd TD
CPUHB: 8 for 108 1 TD

WR1: 4 for 81 yds, 1 TD
WR2: 1 for 10 yds
WR3: 0 catches
HB1: 1 for 7 yds
TE1: 4 for 40 yds
FB1: 1 for 24 yds, 1 TD
HB2: 1 for 11 yds
No drops in the rain!

CPUWR1: 4 for 59 yds, 1 TD
CPUWR2: 2 for 17 yds
CPUWR3: 2 for 29 yds
CPUWR4: 1 for 26 yds
CPUTE1: 3 for 56 yds
CPUTE1: 1 for 23 yds
CPUHB1: 1 for 21 yds
CPUHB2: 1 for 3 yds

0 sacks for me, 1 for them
1 TFL for me, 7 for them
CB3: 3 INT's! One of them for a TD.

2 Forced Fumbles, I recovered one for a TD.

Beat the crap out of those guys. Used SF's playbook, didn't like it.
Damn you punished them. If they games become easy like this slowly slide the CPU sliders up in those areas your dominating until you find that challenging spot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 01:30 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yea I love 2 man under too but you have to mix in some Dollar cover 3 or 2 sometimes if your getting shredded by the CPU. It always good to mix it up with those sometimes to keep the CPU confused.

If you still don't like the DLine play. Bump the USER pass defensive sliders to 30-35-10 or to 30-30-15 until you find a good spot you like. You wanna leave the pass reaction at 30 our else you will start getting shredded by the CPU but you might take a hit with drop picks lowering it to these numbers. That why I have my INTs at 45 so I can grab them when the oppurtunity presents itself.
I'll change those D-line sliders and post results. I did toss in some dollar last game with some success, as my MLB was able to shed blocks better than my D-line seemed to. It seems that whenever I start semi-regularly trying zone coverage, that's when the INT's stop and the CPU starts tearing me up by finding holes in the zone. I'm gonna go back to Tampa's D next game, as a I think a solid 4-3 scheme is my best bet, and I'll mix up the D-calls a bit. Thanks again.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:38 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofbacon
I'll change those D-line sliders and post results. I did toss in some dollar last game with some success, as my MLB was able to shed blocks better than my D-line seemed to. It seems that whenever I start semi-regularly trying zone coverage, that's when the INT's stop and the CPU starts tearing me up by finding holes in the zone. I'm gonna go back to Tampa's D next game, as a I think a solid 4-3 scheme is my best bet, and I'll mix up the D-calls a bit. Thanks again.

Ok let me know how they go and post the sliders your using so I can see excatly what your working with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »