Home

sliders to improve the running game

This is a discussion on sliders to improve the running game within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
sliders to improve the running game

Basically before you change whatever sliders you are using ask yourself this question: "Do I hit the sprint button immediately when my back gets the ball?" or how about "do I hit the sprint button anytime before I hit the hole?" If you answered yes to either question then it's not a slider problem. Perhaps someone could verify this for me but I find that when I play that if I don't hit the sprint button until the guy is actually in the open field several things happen:
1. I can cut better and get into the hole
2. the Dline doesn't get off their blocks so easily (it seems that as soon as I used to hit sprint in the backfield - and old gen habit - the entire dline gets off their blocks.
3. I actually can see my blocking develop and make better decisions.

Seriously try that before you change sliders. Don't even use the sprint until you have nothing but green grass ahead of you.

If that's not your issue you can:
1. raise your user run block (but adjust somewhere else if you want to stay on all madden)
2. Lower cpu run reaction, which I think is more effective than'
3. lower the cpu block shed.

Hope this helps and I'd appreciate comments as to the veracity of my statements by my slider brethren: Jarrod, Steel and Delta.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: sliders to improve the running game

Basically what you said is what I believe is the problem a lot of guys is having with the rushing. Hopefully they take some of these tips and see what happens. You definitely gotta let the blocks develop sometimes and make a quick cut without hitting the sprint button.. You also have to read the defense pre-snap and see if you need to flip the play over to the other side or call audible to a different run where a hole might be. This is one of the biggest issues alot of guys have when they make that jump to all-madden sliders.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:19 AM   #3
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5

the auto sprint was a nice addition this year (even if you opt not to use it). for people new to the game, i recommend playing with auto sprint ON because it forces the user to follow the blocks and be more patient with the ball carrier...
Old 05-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

To this I would add that you need to see your play art and look at the blocking scheme. When possible you want to run at a double team because usually that guy gets blown backwards or is at least nutrilized. Next see if the near LB is unblocked. If he is, run to the opposite side of the double team ie. Double team on my left, unblocked LB straight ahead on a dive play. I want to get to the LEFT of the double team so I'll have to make a nifty cut when I get the ball (IRL this is the hole reason most backs go from a 2 point stance, so they can see the blocking scheme and know where they are likely to go.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »