Home

Lowering QB acc makes WR to drop passes?

This is a discussion on Lowering QB acc makes WR to drop passes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Lowering QB acc makes WR to drop passes?

I´m wondering why this is happening.

When i use to play QBAcc and Catching at 50 i get 1 or 2 drops per game.
Now with the same team with QB acc at 25 and Catching still in the 50, WR drops passes that they didn´t before.

My question is, why QB acc affects catching?

btw, i mean easy drops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Lowering QB acc makes WR to drop passes?

I had noticed that too when I slowly dropped my accuracy from 10 to 5(catching 45). I noticed a few more drops then usual. I can deal with it because it isn't that bad but I noticed it too.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

"It might Rabbit, it might..."

This is why I was never overly concerned about dropped passes. I always figured the game has to have a way to get incomplete passes. If you are good with the stick the game won't allow you to complete 90% of your passes so it comes up with other ways for you to "miss"....batted balls (ever notice the best Qb's get the most batted balls? I can't swear to this but everytime I play as Brady or Manning it seems there are more), DB's making plays on the ball to break up the pass, drops, feet out of bounds etc. I really believe the game compensates to try to keep the stats in line, at least on all madden. Tell me did anyone out there ever have a season where your QB was ungodly accurate? You know like completing 80% of his passes? I'm willing to bet not.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
"It might Rabbit, it might..."

This is why I was never overly concerned about dropped passes. I always figured the game has to have a way to get incomplete passes. If you are good with the stick the game won't allow you to complete 90% of your passes so it comes up with other ways for you to "miss"....batted balls (ever notice the best Qb's get the most batted balls? I can't swear to this but everytime I play as Brady or Manning it seems there are more), DB's making plays on the ball to break up the pass, drops, feet out of bounds etc. I really believe the game compensates to try to keep the stats in line, at least on all madden. Tell me did anyone out there ever have a season where your QB was ungodly accurate? You know like completing 80% of his passes? I'm willing to bet not.
Naw but most of my season I complete around 67-70% of my passes. But like I said it isn't bad but I did notice a little bit more drops when I first dropped my USER accuracy to 5. Still believe 45 is the mininum number the WR catching should be on. 25-35 was terrible. 40-44 was ok but still was avg around 4 to 6 a game. 45 was the best number with the best animations and the true abilities of stud WRs come in to play.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #5
MVP

booker21's Arena

The thing is.. if i lower QB acc there should be more overthrows or miss targets, rather than Drops.

if i want drops, i would lower WR catching instead.

I understand the game may have to "keep stats in check" but make it more realistic... just make my QB overthrow his target instead. Even P. Manning miss targets every once in a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
The thing is.. if i lower QB acc there should be more overthrows or miss targets, rather than Drops.

if i want drops, i would lower WR catching instead.

I understand the game may have to "keep stats in check" but make it more realistic... just make my QB overthrow his target instead. Even P. Manning miss targets every once in a while.
I get more of that but I know the first couple of games I was getting a few more drops then usually. Maybe the new tweaks to the sliders didn't kick in yet but It hasn't been that bad since those first few. I'm definitely getting the extra miss throws where I got it at now.. Haha!
Old 04-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #7
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I get more of that but I know the first couple of games I was getting a few more drops then usually. Maybe the new tweaks to the sliders didn't kick in yet but It hasn't been that bad since those first few. I'm definitely getting the extra miss throws where I got it at now.. Haha!
I believe it also affect whose the QB is.
I was doing a test franchise, with Jags and i never saw a stupid Drop like the ones i saw when i playing/testing with the Cards.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Tell me did anyone out there ever have a season where your QB was ungodly accurate? You know like completing 80% of his passes? I'm willing to bet not.
A whole season? No. But last season in my Bills franchise (now the Boston Demons), I've had Fitzpatrick complete around 75% of his throws over all the games of the season I've actually played (simmed through the last couple regular season games)

It's just a question of calling the right throws, as short throws to wide open receivers (like screens, for example), seem to be completely unrelated to either the QB Acc slider or the QB SAC rating, they always get completed as long as the receiver is open.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »