Home

What's your approach to madden 12 sliders going to be?

This is a discussion on What's your approach to madden 12 sliders going to be? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
What's your approach to madden 12 sliders going to be?

For me I think I will start a 32 team franchise and play a weeks worth of games on the standard All madden mode. Depending on how good it is I may just tweak. If it's really way off I'll use this year's sliders and tweek from there.

What will you do? And has anyone found the sliders to be similar or really different from year to year? (M11 is my first next gen experience with sliders).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: What's your approach to madden 12 sliders going to be?

Yea I always test out default all-madden for a good amount of games(a couple of weeks really) then I start messing with the CPU sliders. This year was the first time I've ever messed with the USER sliders. I wish I had of did it for 10 because it got easy even with most of the CPU sliders jacked up. I'll just have to thoroughly test them for a while and see where I go from there. I'm sure its going to be some tweaking I'm going to have to do..
Old 04-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'll pick up my copy as soon as Playmakers finalizes his sliders for '12
Old 04-29-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
What will you do?
I'll just wait until you or Jarrod have your sliders figured out and shamelessly steal those
Old 04-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
Exclamation Re: What's your approach to madden 12 sliders going to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
I'll just wait until you or Jarrod have your sliders figured out and shamelessly steal those
LOL
Madden 11 sliders simaliar to 10 sliders. Have to wait and see for 12. If gameplay changes work out like I hope this game should rock.
Probably have to start from scratch or........shamelessly steal the guru's as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Changing my approach!

Previously, while I wouldn't use any particular person's slider set, I would roam through different threads, get a feel for what people were tweaking, and mix/match from there.

Doing this, I've gotten pretty realistic stats. However, I feel like difficulty sometimes takes a back seat to realism. It leads to not getting much challenge from the CPU IMHO.

2 weeks ago, I changed all the CPU sliders back to normal (50 across the board aside from the INT slider which I have at 40). I put the user sliders on All-Madden, and tweaked the catching slider and the tackling a little bit.

For me, now the CPU actually gets a pass rush on me. Now the CPU actually makes me pay for bad throws (I previously had CPU INTs around 25). All around, I've just had a higher level of challenge on the offensive and defensive side of the ball.

So on a go forth, I'm going to try to find a base set (all pro or all madden), and concentrate on tweaking the human sliders first rather than both. Tweaking both seems to get things out of whack, and few people seem to understand the relationships between the HUM/CPU sliders to begin with including myself.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:21 AM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Depends on what is lacking. If I am not seeing a person behave in a way that I think they should, I edit the slider. If that doesn't work I just edit the whole roster.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Depends on what is lacking. If I am not seeing a person behave in a way that I think they should, I edit the slider. If that doesn't work I just edit the whole roster.

Interesting......it seems people's definitions of realistic are quite different. For me it's stats. I can tolerate guys not looking right or Haynesworth being pancakes if at the end of the game the score, yards, individual stats etc are "normal"....I can't stand if the players look and play great and I end up with a 63-58 score with 500+ yards of offense for both teams. I sense others would prefer this to seeing unrealistic images of certain guys doing certain things.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »