Home

Mjhyankees and Delta get intellectual (or more on the running game)

This is a discussion on Mjhyankees and Delta get intellectual (or more on the running game) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #9
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Mjhyankees and Delta get intellectual (or more on the running game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Once thing I would like to add to this masterpiece is to take notice where the NT lines up. If he's on the right side of your center or left and you call an ISO thats going in that direction flip the play around because 9 times out of 10 if you run it right there you will get stuffed. Flip the play over and follow your lead block. Be ready to make a quick cut once your FB engages on the DLineman or LB. Pay attention to how the defense comes out if your calling a power 0 too. If that side is crowded with LBs/Ss and the Dline has shifted to that side. Flip the play around and get busy on the other side. You have to make a quick decision to either run the play inside the tackle where it suppose to go, outside the tackle inbetween the TE or be ready to make a quick cutback to the inside of the Guard for a positive gain. If both sides of the tackles look crowded audible to an inside run like ISO or HB lead. You have to really pay attention to the defense and figure out all the blocking schemes and tricks to have a good running game. Running becomes easy once you learn all of this..
attention to defensive fronts is HUGE in terms of where and how to shift your line. i posted this vid i made for our online franchise group while back as well as in a couple other threads, but want to use it again to back up what jarod is saying as it is VITAL in being consistantly successful on the ground. in the vid you will see an unadjusted and adjusted line vs the a 3 man and 4 man centered and off set fronts.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:38 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
attention to defensive fronts is HUGE in terms of where and how to shift your line. i posted this vid i made for our online franchise group while back as well as in a couple other threads, but want to use it again to back up what jarod is saying as it is VITAL in being consistantly successful on the ground. in the vid you will see an unadjusted and adjusted line vs the a 3 man and 4 man centered and off set fronts.

Just a note from watching the videos...the unblocked LB is making the bulk of the tackles....and he is still unblocked when you go to aggressive block. ON many plays he came in free and just didn't make a play or you bounced outside.....how is this related to line adjustments??????

Now on some plays the lb got caught up in a good driving block on a DL guy but most of the time he just whiffed.

Also on the block right I don't see the lineman doing that. Some where actually blocking left!!!! I don't think these adjustments do anything to change what the line does personally. But it's possible they perform their blocks better when you adjust. If they were blocking right the C would go for the RDT the G for the DE and T for the OLB. They would all be doing a reach block. You'd have to cut back inside but there's a good chance your LG won't get on the MLB or more likely the LT will never get to the LDT. To me blocking to the right only makes sense if the D is shifted right, then you'd still have to cut back but at least everyone is picked up.

I only see these working on pass plays. Then I see the line actually go the way you tell them. Even the pinch (which would be wedge blocking on a run play) doesn't do anything. Try it. Instead of everyone blocking down they still go to there assigned men.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

Last edited by mjhyankees; 05-24-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #11
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Just a note from watching the videos...the unblocked LB is making the bulk of the tackles....and he is still unblocked when you go to aggressive block. ON many plays he came in free and just didn't make a play or you bounced outside.....how is this related to line adjustments??????
Even whenever he came free, there was so much **** going on that he got stuck in the mess and allowed the running back enough time to accelerate and get going. All you need is one second and you can gain 5-10 yards a run. As you can tell from the videos, instead of the linebacker meeting the running back in the back field, he has to meet him at the line because of the bull **** going on in the trenches.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #12
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
I only see these working on pass plays. Then I see the line actually go the way you tell them. Even the pinch (which would be wedge blocking on a run play) doesn't do anything. Try it. Instead of everyone blocking down they still go to there assigned men.
it was a suggestion, i said its not 100% successful EVERY time (as demonstrated) BUT it will open up more lanes or like bob said create a cluster**** of people to where the lb's cannot shoot a gap. you need you work with it, its not just a simple cure all to running...but it can give you an opportunity more often then not to gain more yards.

also, this is for online all-madden...since you play offline you slider set might through some of these off...i just share what's worked for me the last couple years, with proven success in my online leagues. guys who used to be soley 1 dimensional in giving up on the run and throwing a ton of picks now have a balanced attack and win more games. i like to see that, and whether or not you agree with my concept or not is fine just figured i'd toss in my 2c.

Last edited by falconfansince81; 05-27-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
it was a suggestion, i said its not 100% successful EVERY time (as demonstrated) BUT it will open up more lanes or like bob said create a cluster**** of people to where the lb's cannot shoot a gap. you need you work with it, its not just a simple cure all to running...but it can give you an opportunity more often then not to gain more yards.

also, this is for online all-madden...since you play offline you slider set might through some of these off...i just share what's worked for me the last couple years, with proven success in my online leagues. guys who used to be soley 1 dimensional in giving up on the run and throwing a ton of picks now have a balanced attack and win more games. i like to see that, and whether or not you agree with my concept or not is fine just figured i'd toss in my 2c.

I don't have a problem running right now (although my blocking is at 30...maybe a little high). Funny, but when i tried it, it seemed to make it harder to run..t.hen again I only did it a few times. I'll see.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »