Home

How to get sliders that are right for you.

This is a discussion on How to get sliders that are right for you. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 06:04 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: How to get sliders that are right for you.

Thanks! Very enlightening and helpful
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

hey i saw your post and its perfect for what i need...i'm kinda new yo madden and its way to easy for me on default settings...and ive tried lot other sliders on this forum which are great but i've played tons of games and can barely run the ball have zero time in pocket but i can hold my own on defense...basically i want a challenge for my skill level and gradually work my up..if thats possible...if you can give me any feedback it would be appreciated thanks
Old 09-05-2011, 01:27 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
Very nice read. I'll read it again to make sure I got everything right.

Every time I try a Slider set, it's not right for me because I'm not Peyton Manning at QB, I'm not Adrian Peterson at RB, I'm not Clay Matthews or Ray Lewis on defense.

I've notice that when I'm the QB, I have a tendency to lock on a receiver and if covered, well, panic and then run! On top of it, I'm unable to see the whole field from the snap. Seems like my brain is just focusing on what's going on left side of the field. That means if a guy is open on the right, there's 75% chance he'll go unnotice.

Running the ball is even worse since I'm a Christian Okoye style of runner, so I go straight ahead and hope for the best. Problem is that the success of Okoye is pretty much better than mine.

On D, it's been a struggle for the last few years. I don't read the play, I react to it. So if I'm playing LB, I get toasted. I like to play DT, but then again, I don't have patience, so I get push to a side and the HB will go to the other side (which is just normal).

So, in conclusion, in comparison, I might be more like a 3rd stringer to Madden. I don't learn, I do the same mistakes all the time, and if I play with settings from guys who are good at the game, I get dismantled.

I guess that if the game was able to place me somewhere with the way I play, I might get a kicker or special team snapper!
Wonderful - describes very much my game often

Actually, I'm having the same problem than an earlier poster. PRO is much to easy, even for me. I'm running all over other teams with my beloved Niners. On ALL-PRO my QBs getting killed all day long and I cant find my receivers at all. Having a 77 OVR Alex or 70 OVR Kaep might not help much but at least Alex is not THAT bad as when I contol him...

So I'm pretty much stuck between PRO and ALL-PRO as well. ALL-Madden will never be in my stick-skill reach but I dont mind much. I only would like to have a challenge without getting killed in any game...
Old 09-07-2011, 06:25 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 9

Responding to some of the posts here....thanks and I'm available to help anyone who wants to work on sliders. I'll also say I recommend, SteelcityJames, Jarrod, dirtguru and Delta as people who can help as well. Not saying others can't help or that they aren't knowledgeable...just that I've worked with the above people and they know their sh!t.

Basically you look at your stats and adjust the slider up or down that will affect the areas you are off on. Too many picks? Lower the int slider etc.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

Last edited by mjhyankees; 09-07-2011 at 06:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »