Home

Most realistic sliders?

This is a discussion on Most realistic sliders? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Most realistic sliders?

Me and my brother are pretty big NFL/Football fanatics. We of course see the game as a very tactical and chesslike sport and need some more realism put into Madden 11.

We started off rebuilding the chiefs and played on all-pro and once we got a decent QB and some other players to achieve an 84 overall rating, we flat out dominated. Every year we made it to the playoffs and either lost (mainly due to bordom) or won the super bowl.

Then we decided that we needed to go to all-madden and bump the quarter lengths to 6 min (to make stats more realistic and make the AI run a little more) and haven't been able to win one game yet with the Bills. Honestly most of the time we probably should lose, but not by the margins we are. Usually it's around 50-7. The main problems consist of:

1. Running backs breaking 4 or more tackles, even ones by our huge DTs.
2. Defense not being able to intercept it at all, even when it's thrown right @ them but the CPU intercepts every ball. (we have Bruce Johnson,Shawn Springs, and 2 other 80+ DBs)
3. The CPU defensive lines always stopping runs behind the line and not one of our guys are able to do that to their RB.
4. ect.

Are there any slider settings out there that will give us some good realism whilst still playing with 6 min quarters?

Also, here is our settings that have been used throughout both franchises:

Slow gameplay (prefer this, resembles real life NFL)
All User controlled franchise options
Auto Strafe and Sprint (gonna turn this off now that I realize it)
No clock acceleration
Default Sliders
We pick our own plays
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Most realistic sliders?

We also haven't updated the game since it was bought (mainly due to the fact that could care less about the rosters as franchises always change players throughout the years in game) but I understand that there might be some ai improvements as well....should we update?
Old 08-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticx
We also haven't updated the game since it was bought (mainly due to the fact that could care less about the rosters as franchises always change players throughout the years in game) but I understand that there might be some ai improvements as well....should we update?
You definitely need to upgrade. The tackling was improved and those crazy break tackles from the CPU weren't happening like that anymore..
Old 08-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Also sliders will help...some will disagree with me but I'd lower the cpu break tackle slider to like 5...but also lower the human tackling as well. No back should be breaking 2-3 tackles every play, especially from D linemen.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »