Home

My Madden 12 sliders that prove the game is solid

This is a discussion on My Madden 12 sliders that prove the game is solid within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: My Madden 12 sliders that prove the game is solid

Great sliders my man! What a difference! Thanks
Old 08-22-2011, 02:33 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 18

thanks guys. i appreciate all of your feedback. because of your positive feedback i decided to get Season Ticket and get the game on the 26th. i will play the game and implement my theory on sliders to the game and hopefully have a solid set by the 30th when the game is released.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:30 PM   #75
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

OVR: 23

hey, if you guys don't mind come try mine and let me know how it is. thanks.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...gs-matter.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 10:34 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ninja
hey, if you guys don't mind come try mine and let me know how it is. thanks.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...gs-matter.html
Good sliders, but too hard for me.
Well as challenging as you think they are, they still fall into the realm of the human and CPU not acting intelligent. The passing numbers are too low which results in the lack of out routes because the db's jump the routes.

But here is where it comes down too. I am more of an all pro kind of guy. I never liked the flow of all madden. I built these with the intention of playing on the all pro setting and with the broadcast camera angle.

I played about 5 games tonight . 2 with the bears and 3 with packers. With my sliders, the game plays really well. All 5 games were close and most of all I never felt cheated by the CPU play.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:56 PM   #77
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

OVR: 23

celg35

thanks for trying. maybe 15-20 Qb accuracy is better for madden 12. it worked well for me in madden 11 tho, I throw a lot of quick passes so maybe thats why. all-pro is just too easy for me after playing so many games lol I'll work on it more and see what I would come up with.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey Celg,

I've not bought Madden since 07 for reasons I don't need to go into. 2k5 did it all for me and even though the graphics are obviously dated, I felt it was another roster update on 2k for me this year. Then I tried your sliders and used them as a foundation. They are excellent - well done. I'm an ok player, don't mind following the gameplan and gameflow and am simply looking for sound game animation that shows intuitive players and "suspends reality" for a couple of hours. I also want slider adjustments that aren't too difficult to follow or update. I have therefore put all CPU attributes at 100, reduced all Player attributes to 50, put speed threshold at 90 and placed the game speed to 'very slow' (the 'slow' setting still had a lot of sliding). As simple as this is, the result are great. After 5 games, I'm struggling to pick up any morphing, sliding or pre-determined animations, even though we all know they are still there.

The only 2 consistent issues I still see are movement of the ball just before the QB releases and early movement of the ball before the kicker connects on field goals/PATs.

I know 'very slow' will be too easy for many people and that's understood, but I feel I have total control, everything is weighted well (especially foot planting) and I can appreciate the game better. If it gets too easy I will simply reduce the Player attributes a little more.

Thanks again.

Last edited by pippage; 08-24-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:38 AM   #79
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Suggestion, could you update your first post with latest settings, so people will not have to search all the posts to figure out where you are?
Old 08-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #80
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

I don't know about the very slow speed. Your theory does hold water but overall, the game is far too slow for realism. You are also not taking into consideration that the game needs to play like the real thing with stats. I find the game to be too slow. Slower speeds are meant for players that are not quick enough to make judgement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »