Home

Authentic's 2012 Slider Project

This is a discussion on Authentic's 2012 Slider Project within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #17
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Authentic's 2012 Slider Project

I really think it's Newton being a rookie. I had Stafford light me up earlier with a good rating and all. Rodgers also went for 300+ against me. However, I then played against Andy Dalton and picked him twice and allowed 120 yards passing. Thanks guys, any areas you think need work?
Old 08-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #18
All Star

authentic's Arena

I just want emphasize one what I was going for with these. It seems like on this board when people try to make a slider set they want to make QB Accuracy down to 15 and make it impossible to throw, personally I like to be able to aim my passes, but still get a realistic completion percentage and game out of it. Madden 12 is the best football game made to date, they still have some holes, but overall, with these sliders I am enjoying the game a lot. I wish EA would release a roster with actual updated rosters, but I might just start my franchise and edit all my Viking players in.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #19
Rookie

SaintDemure's Arena

OVR: 6

I've been playing on All-Pro with the 49ers, with no slider adjustments. The preseason was challenging, however, my first two season games were blowouts. I'm sorry, but Alex Smith throwing back to back 300+games with no picks?!?

Anyhow, I will let you know my thoughts a little later this afternoon after I implement your sliders.

Thanks again!!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #20
All Star

authentic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintDemure
I've been playing on All-Pro with the 49ers, with no slider adjustments. The preseason was challenging, however, my first two season games were blowouts. I'm sorry, but Alex Smith throwing back to back 300+games with no picks?!?

Anyhow, I will let you know my thoughts a little later this afternoon after I implement your sliders.

Thanks again!!
I agree. All-Pro is beefed up this year. Without making sliders adjustments the game is an arcade style of football. If you make the subtle adjustments, the game is actually very sim and fun.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:19 PM   #21
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Couple more changes after playing a half against the Eagles:

All changes since the original post:
CPU Run Blocking from 55 to 65
CPU Rush Defense to 50
CPU Pass Blocking to 60
Player Broken Tackles to 50
Player Run Blocking to 50
Player Rush Defense Block Shedding to 45
Roughing the Passer penalty from 100 to 75.

I am going to start my dynasty and see how it works through the preseason to start.
I would suggest Roughing the passer at 52. Got way too many calls at 55!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #22
All Star

authentic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitDoctor
I would suggest Roughing the passer at 52. Got way too many calls at 55!!
I like to see it called too often. With the play they call this these days. Having it at 75 I get around 2 maybe 3 a game. I actually love seeing it because it actually is realistic. I get around 2-6 penalties a game, for around 30-60 yards, which is perfect. Roughing the passer these days isn't just hitting him down, it can be hands to the face or anything, so this I love. However, if you like to see it down, it's not going to break the gameplay. This is up to you if you want it down, turn it down. Not going to put a lock on you using these because of it
Old 08-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Normal speed feels really good. You have to make decisions quicker which is why I said more experienced players should use normal speed.
Normal is simply too arcade for me. On normal, the players just don't have any "weight" to them. It feels like they're sliding around on ice. It looks unrealistic and controls weirdly.

Actually, I made a thread about it a while back. Slow is still the way to go, IMO.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...mal-speed.html
Old 08-28-2011, 05:26 PM   #24
All Star

authentic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Normal is simply too arcade for me. On normal, the players just don't have any "weight" to them. It feels like they're sliding around on ice. It looks unrealistic and controls weirdly.

Actually, I made a thread about it a while back. Slow is still the way to go, IMO.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...mal-speed.html
I agree it can sometimes look weird. But I actually do think its true to life speed wise compared to the NFL. However, slow speed does play better to some people. The NFL is very fast, and may be too fast for "some" people. I don't really care either way, both have their advantages and disadvantages to me personally. I just am testing normal a bit, but probably will stick to slow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »