Home

***Tomba Madden 12 Game Sliders***

This is a discussion on ***Tomba Madden 12 Game Sliders*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: ***Tomba Madden 12 Game Sliders***

I made the agility and awareness edits for the bears and bucs. I also used the settings and sliders you recommended but with 15 min quarters. I played a quarter and a half with me using the bears. Flow of the game was nice however after one quarter, I had 160 rushing yards with Forte. My line was overpowering and it was just entirely too easy to run the ball. Should I just bring run blocking down to 50? I'm assuming type sliders above are in the order of hum/cpu correct? I think with such a high run block for hum and low block shed for cpu, makes it way too easy to run
Old 08-29-2011, 02:10 PM   #10
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
I made the agility and awareness edits for the bears and bucs. I also used the settings and sliders you recommended but with 15 min quarters. I played a quarter and a half with me using the bears. Flow of the game was nice however after one quarter, I had 160 rushing yards with Forte. My line was overpowering and it was just entirely too easy to run the ball. Should I just bring run blocking down to 50? I'm assuming type sliders above are in the order of hum/cpu correct? I think with such a high run block for hum and low block shed for cpu, makes it way too easy to run

This isn't a final set by any means. But the attribute edit which i am working on now (fully implementing into madden 12 now for download soon) makes it so that all you have to do is tweak sliders yourself to your liking without having to worry about specific ones as the edit that i'm doing plays like it's a patch direct from EA. As if EA went in and adjusted code. That simple. I just did it with the two ratings that control animations the most.

I'm happy to report i'm almost done.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #11
Banned

Dreamcast1's Arena

OVR: 4

I like the edit idea. What about the post on the 75/75/75 slider formula? Would that work with your edits? I think that EA could give us an idea on how they come up with the attributes or even the sliders. I am curious as to what 50 means in the sliders. Does it mean that The attributes are 50% boosted to enable better gameplay. Or is it 50% less than what the actual attribute is.. I know that EA has a formula that they use. I just wish that they could let us in on it. Keep up the great work. I have used your sliders and edits for most of sports games.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 03:20 PM   #12
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcast1
I like the edit idea. What about the post on the 75/75/75 slider formula? Would that work with your edits? I think that EA could give us an idea on how they come up with the attributes or even the sliders. I am curious as to what 50 means in the sliders. Does it mean that The attributes are 50% boosted to enable better gameplay. Or is it 50% less than what the actual attribute is.. I know that EA has a formula that they use. I just wish that they could let us in on it. Keep up the great work. I have used your sliders and edits for most of sports games.

Thanks.
There is no formula I think.

I believe that certain attributes DO trigger certain animations for players fast or slow medium etc.

Think of it this way. Agility and awareness affects everything a player does animation wise well.. almost.

There are A LOT of theories floating around right now. And it comes down to two things for me.

1) making the game look smooth and realistic like it's off of the tv.
2)making it so that when you play it your like" man thats realistic"

If you play my edits ignoring the realism part and just wanting to get accurate stats(which are a part of realism as well)and your already a beast at all pro and all madden and are looking for a challenge then that's not the realism i'm shooting for.

I am happy to say that madden in broadcast cam with my newly applied edit and logic along with a more refined slider set i have figured out makes the game jaw droppingly real...

Old 08-30-2011, 07:51 PM   #13
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5

you, my friend, are a genius. But Damn! This takes a lot of time...3 hours and working on my 7th team.

My question is....this is only for a season of good play in Franchise correct? I understand you may not have tailored these towards franchise...but in Franchise, with the player progression. After a season of play wont the awareness and agility ratings be improved or worse therefor going right back to old style play, with a lot more players having extremely low agility and/or awareness
Old 08-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #14
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT2006
you, my friend, are a genius. But Damn! This takes a lot of time...3 hours and working on my 7th team.

My question is....this is only for a season of good play in Franchise correct? I understand you may not have tailored these towards franchise...but in Franchise, with the player progression. After a season of play wont the awareness and agility ratings be improved or worse therefor going right back to old style play, with a lot more players having extremely low agility and/or awareness
Thanks my man

I'm doing this edit already and am done with 22 teams so far and all of my play testing has been stellar.(Meaning I don't have to go back I just enjoy playing with the teams I just edited to test out)

I've clocked it in around 35 minutes per team. 45 if I'm lazin' around.

Franchise, Franchise Franchise. What to say about franchise play. I think there maybe an option to turn off some of the cpu interaction but I'm not sure. i only fiddled with it briefly during the season ticket and haven't touched it since.

Right now I'm just trying to capture it as if it's a game on tv.

2 things i am perplexed about right now. fatigue(so that BIG plays don't happen as much in the forth) and the quick offensive line jump to line before a snap which i'm thinking QB awareness might be a part of since i was tweaking with P Manning's ratings a bit .

My slider set it about 80 percent done and I'm working on auto subs right now. But my slider set is wholly diff than the one on the first page and is SPECIFIC to this base edit. (sorry i bold for a reason now)

I've taken a look at all slider suggestions here and I agree with the threshold at 100 plain and simple...
Old 08-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #15
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5

You'll be posting downloadable rosters once finished, correct? 7 teams and I was out...it got to the point with me to wear i started doing things backwards, upping the lower attribute to match the higher...and then I realized...I cant do this for 31 teams, not if I want to play anytime soon.
i didnt finish the chargers is 14 minutes though!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #16
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

OVR: 2

I am eagerly awaiting you to finish the rosters. But I don't know if I can hold back the urge to start my franchise for much longer...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »