Home

therizing02's Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on therizing02's Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #17
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Tackle Slider is the key to all defensive reactions

Everything looks good except those running stats for both. Maybe the run blocking slider needs to be bumped up. Just a thought. Nice work though.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 08-29-2011, 01:27 AM   #18
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Everything looks good except those running stats for both. Maybe the run blocking slider needs to be bumped up. Just a thought. Nice work though.
They do look a little low right now. The rushing numbers for the Bears game were pretty good. If they continue to stay a little low, I think I may drop the break block slider. The interesting thing is that I am getting more than a fair share of 10-15 yard runs. I want the running game to be tough if the CPU has a run defense called. Sounds simple but I want realistic stats, but I don't want to cut corners to get them.

What concerns me with dropping the Break Block slider is that I have a suspicion that it also effects pass rush. When I first started, DeMarcus Ware could not get past the Jets 62 rated back up left tackle. Still not sure if it was the Break Block or 0 Pass Rush setting that I used for that game.

These sliders are a definite work in progress and I'm going one at a time. The more feedback we get the better/quicker we get to a useable set.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:40 AM   #19
Rookie

xxmanny28xx's Arena

OVR: 0

do these slider have to be used on very slow or can they be used on slow also will there be a difference also how are your slders looking right now maybe u can post like qtr mins thershold an all that sorry if am asking for to much
Old 08-29-2011, 01:53 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 13

I'm still messing around in practice, and I'm using the Browns (me on offense) vs Patriots D.

I'm using a stopwatch, and when it's the front four Vs the Browns O-line, even with no blitzing, I only get 3 seconds to pass the ball on average (have never gotten more than 3 seconds to throw). They generally just shed right by the blocks as soon as I complete my dropback, and the ratings don't seem to matter. I subbed in a 56ovr lineman, and he was getting beat just the same as the 86ovr lineman I just switched out in his place.

So 0 on pass blocking may not be the answer right now, if we're trying to play to ratings. Or maybe just tweaking CPU pass rush?
Old 08-29-2011, 02:26 AM   #21
MVP

therizing02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I'm still messing around in practice, and I'm using the Browns (me on offense) vs Patriots D.

I'm using a stopwatch, and when it's the front four Vs the Browns O-line, even with no blitzing, I only get 3 seconds to pass the ball on average (have never gotten more than 3 seconds to throw). They generally just shed right by the blocks as soon as I complete my dropback, and the ratings don't seem to matter. I subbed in a 56ovr lineman, and he was getting beat just the same as the 86ovr lineman I just switched out in his place.

So 0 on pass blocking may not be the answer right now, if we're trying to play to ratings. Or maybe just tweaking CPU pass rush?
Might have to tweak to what feels right for you. I've been experimenting with the Browns and Patriots. Try lowering the Reaction time for Rush Defense and/or the tackle slider to either 10 or even 5. It makes a big difference. Also know that 3 seconds is a decent amount of time to get a throw off in the NFL. I seem to recall reading a thread/post from either Ian or someone else that stated the higher the slider, the more likely a particular animation would be triggered. Like suction blocking and warping tackles.

Last edited by therizing02; 08-29-2011 at 02:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 02:50 AM   #22
MVP

14min quarters
15 second runoff
114 offensive plays

house rules:
-I use GameFlow and use the play given to me and rarely audible out
-I don't control anyone the defense, and just watch instead

Patriots: 33
Browns (me): 20

PATRIOTS-BROWNS
Total Offense: 238-256
Rushing: 102-84
Passing: 136-172
First Downs: 14-15
Total Yards: 369-410
Turnovers: 1-3
3rd Down Conv: 3/10-5/15
Penalties: 6/48-4/44
Possession: 20mins-35mins

Patriots
Brady: 18-27, 142yds, 66%, 1td, 1int, 5.2avg, 19long

Green-Ellis: 20att, 94yds, 4.7avg, 1td, 3btk, 16long

Browns
McCoy: 19-40, 197yds, 47%, 1td, 2int, 4.9avg, 28long

Hillis: 24att, 93yds, 3.8avg, 2td, 1btk, 37long

Notes:
-I went down 28-7 after the first quarter due to a pick six, a kick return, and 2 Patriot offensive touchdowns. So I was down for the entire game.
-Sometimes the passing game for the CPU and HUM felt too tight. And I thought "well maybe I'll just lower the reaction time", only to realize it was already at 0 for both CPU/HUM, haha. So, my next thought is maybe getting a threshold set? Which would allow for WRs to break away a bit more from CBs. Maybe setting it from 50 to 45 or 40. Just to allow a small bit of seperation.
-Tight coverage also resulted in alot of drops for me as the Browns (7 total WR drops)
-CPU Run Game played fine. Mix of getting hit in the backfield, medium gains, and big gains. Very balanced. Felt like I got burned if I didn't plan to defend the run.
-HUM Run Game was VERY tough though. I never felt like I could get a forward momentum going. I'd get hit pretty quickly and stood up. CPU D-line would shed their blocks pretty quickly and flatten me.
-Then again, that's because it strangely felt like the CPU was breaking more tackles in the run game. Me, as Peyton Hillis, didn't seem to be breaking many at all.
-Lots of Roughing The Passer penalties due to the Pass Blocking sliders being so low. I only have RTP set to 55.

Overall though, I felt like I was fighting for my life while I was on offense, and that's a good feeling. And the CPU offense was very balanced. It never felt like they layed down or steamrolled. They flowed with the game. Sometimes they drove 80 yards for a touchdown, sometimes they went 3 and out. They were unpredictable. Another good thing.

But I think the areas to think about right now are Threshold. Are you happy with it at 50, or are you currently testing it?

Last edited by Von Dozier; 08-29-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:02 AM   #23
MVP

therizing02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
14min quarters
15 second runoff
114 offensive plays

house rules:
-I use GameFlow and use the play given to me and rarely audible out
-I don't control anyone the defense, and just watch instead

Patriots: 33
Browns (me): 20

PATRIOTS-BROWNS
Total Offense: 238-256
Rushing: 102-84
Passing: 136-172
First Downs: 14-15
Total Yards: 369-410
Turnovers: 1-3
3rd Down Conv: 3/10-5/15
Penalties: 6/48-4/44
Possession: 20mins-35mins

Patriots
Brady: 18-27, 142yds, 66%, 1td, 1int, 5.2avg, 19long

Green-Ellis: 20att, 94yds, 4.7avg, 1td, 3btk, 16long

Browns
McCoy: 19-40, 197yds, 47%, 1td, 2int, 4.9avg, 28long

Hillis: 24att, 93yds, 3.8avg, 2td, 1btk, 37long

Notes:
-I went down 28-7 after the first quarter due to a pick six, a kick return, and 2 Patriot offensive touchdowns. So I was down for the entire game.
-Sometimes the passing game for the CPU and HUM felt too tight. And I thought "well maybe I'll just lower the reaction time", only to realize it was already at 0 for both CPU/HUM, haha. So, my next thought is maybe getting a threshold set? Which would allow for WRs to break away a bit more from CBs. Maybe setting it from 50 to 45 or 40. Just to allow a small bit of seperation.
-Tight coverage also resulted in alot of drops for me as the Browns (7 total WR drops)
-CPU Run Game played fine. Mix of getting hit in the backfield, medium gains, and big gains. Very balanced. Felt like I got burned if I didn't plan to defend the run.
-HUM Run Game was VERY tough though. I never felt like I could get a forward momentum going. I'd get hit pretty quickly and stood up. CPU D-line would shed their blocks pretty quickly and flatten me.
-Then again, that's because it strangely felt like the CPU was breaking more tackles in the run game. Me, as Peyton Hillis, didn't seem to be breaking many at all.
-Lots of Roughing The Passer penalties due to the Pass Blocking sliders being so low. I only have RTP set to 55.

Overall though, I felt like I was fighting for my life while I was on offense, and that's a good feeling. And the CPU offense was very balanced. It never felt like they layed down or steamrolled. They flowed with the game. Sometimes they drove 80 yards for a touchdown, sometimes they went 3 and out. They were unpredictable. Another good thing.

But I think the areas to think about right now are Threshold. Are you happy with it at 50, or are you currently testing it?
I like the Speed at 50 for now. I feel like the receivers get a fair amount of separation and my speed guys aren't getting run down by linemen.

I would play at least 5 games before making any changes. Use different teams or if you must use Cleveland take on different opponents. I'm 2-1 with these sliders. Probably going to make a change or two after the next game, because I'm really focused on getting the running game to feel right. It's pretty close. I'll more than likely leave the Block Shedding at 50, but the good settings are a combo of the Reaction and Tackle sliders.

I use Ask Madden and select one of the three options given. I will frequently audible based on what the defense is given. I may flip plays, call multiple hot routes, run to the opposite side, etc.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:19 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Might have to tweak to what feels right for you. I've been experimenting with the Browns and Patriots. Try lowering the Reaction time for Rush Defense and/or the tackle slider to either 10 or even 5. It makes a big difference. Also know that 3 seconds is a decent amount of time to get a throw off in the NFL. I seem to recall reading a thread/post from either Ian or someone else that stated the higher the slider, the more likely a particular animation would be triggered. Like suction blocking and warping tackles.
I'll go ahead and apologize for what I said about the blocking, because as I'm trying out different teams, I'm now getting totally different results on the lineplay.

I used New England's front four vs the Browns and Colts, and like I said I kept getting only about 3 seconds MAX to throw (they'd be coming right at me just as I finished my drop)

But as I'm using Rams front four vs Rams o-line, I'm getting 4 to 4-half seconds on average to throw (of course a d-lineman will also break through from time to time)

Also to test these numbers I'm just using Curl Flats on offense and a simple non-blitzing Man coverage on defense, in practice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »