Home

therizing02's Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on therizing02's Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 04:00 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Tackle Slider is the key to all defensive reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I like the Speed at 50 for now. I feel like the receivers get a fair amount of separation and my speed guys aren't getting run down by linemen.
I've been testing 45, and I'm seeing very fair ratings-based speeds.

On 50, I was using Berrian (Vikings, 96speed) on Sean Smith (Dolphins, 89speed) running Hail Marys, and on 50 they were constantly neck and neck with no one getting the advantage over another, usually the CB constantly in front of the WR not allowing him to pass by. At 45, Bernard would pass by after about 20 yards, which feels accurate.

Infact I turned the camera horizontally just to watch everyone run down the field, and the speed ratings of everyone in the secondary/WRs seemed to flow perfectly. No more deadlocked WRs that you get on 50. If the WR is faster than the CB, he can get in front of the CB. Not blaze by and get wide open, but just be able to get the momentum advantage. Only if the WR is faster than the DB, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 13

Panthers: 19
Browns (me): 20

15min qtrs, 15 second runoff
45 threshold, very slow
114 plays

PANTHERS-BROWNS
Total Offense: 338-361
Rushing: 188-81
Passing: 150-280
First Downs: 16-17
Total Yards: 402-508
Turnovers: 0-1
3rd Down Conv: 6/13-5/13
Penalties: 2/15-3/30
Possession: 28mins-31mins

Panthers
Newton: 16-22, 161yds, 72%, 7.3avg, 36long

Williams: 16att, 89yds, 5.5avg, 3btk, 2 20+ yarders, 50long
Newton: 9att, 64yds, 7.1avg, 2btk, 13long
Stewart: 7att, 32yds, 4.5avg, 1td, 10long

Browns
McCoy: 20-33, 281yds, 60%, 2td, 1int, 8.5avg, 50long

Hillis: 23att, 70yds, 3.0avg, 1btk, 16long

Notes:
This was a great game. I got the 1 point lead with 30 seconds to go with a big TD pass to Massaquoi. Panthers got the ball back and Newton lead them down the field to the 50 yard line where they attempted a FG for the win, but I BLOCKED IT. Awesome moment.

-I will say the in-the-air passing game for CPU and HUM feels absolutely perfect. No flaws that I can think of.
-Pass Blocking may be a slight concern though, but still nothing big. It's hard for the user to run playaction, because someone is immediately in your face. But I generally get the ball off in 2 seconds anyway, but if you hesitate, you're screwed. For some reason it feels the CPU gets alot more time and a bigger pocket, but looking at the sliders, it's completely even. So I don't know.
-Run game though I think needs to be the work in progress. You can REALLY feel that "Rush Reaction" slider for the CPU defense. I'd really like to try it at 0/0, since it works pretty well for the HUM reaction, but that's up to you to consider.
-But the tackle breaking is also a concern. For a guy who's Trucking is 99 (Hillis), I don't seem to ever truck anyone at all. Or barely break any tackles at all.

But yeah, I never feel like I can just march down the field at my leisure and take advantage of the CPU. It is really tough. In a good way.

The only personal problem I'm having right now is trying to get around 120-130 plays, and you can see I'm already at 15 minute quarters. May try a 20 second runoff instead of 15.

And I'm not seeing alot of autosubbing, even with custom subs. RBs still rarely come in (last game Williams got injured in the 4th and Stewart took the rest of the carries, that's why he has so many). I have fatigue at 60 and RB Sub Out/In at 80/84. This wasn't a problem when the game was on Slow, only now am I seeing it on Very Slow (i still love Very Slow though)

Last edited by Von Dozier; 08-29-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #27
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

OVR: 3

First game with these sliders

13 minute quarters; 20 second runoff

Saints at Packers (Me)

NO 27 GB 52

NO...07...14...03...03...27
GB...00...14...21...17...52

Stats (1st Team NO 2nd Team GB)

Total Offense: 471 389
Rushing Yards: 78 218
Passing Yards: 393 171
First Downs: 23 15
PR Yards: 9 0
KR Yards: 0 148
Total Yards: 480 537
Turnovers: 2 1
3rd Down Conversions: 7-16 6-12
4th Down Conversions: 0-1 1-1
Red Zone Percentage: 2-2 4-4
Red Zone Touchdown: 1 3
Red Zone Fieldgoal: 1 1
Penalties: 11-83 8-120
Possession Time: 20:59 22:01

Player Stats
GB Aaron Rodgers: 13/21 174 yards, 2 TD INT
NO Drew Brees: 33/57 412 yards, 3 TD INT

GB Ryan Grant: 34 att, 189 yards, 5.5 avg, 2 TD, 66 long
GB James Starks: 2 att, 17 yards, 8.5 avg
GB Aaron Rodgers: 1 att, 12 yards, 12.0 avg

NO Mark Ingram: 19 att, 74 yards, 3.8 avg
NO Darren Sproles: 1 att, 4 yards, 4.0 avg

GB Donald Driver: 3 Rec, 47 yards, 15.6 avg
NO Jimmy Graham: 5 Rec, 92 yards, 18.4 avg, TD

GB Jarius Wynn: 3 tack, 3 sack
NO Martez Wilson: 12 tack, sack

GB Nick Collins: 1 int
NO Malcolm Jenkins: 1 int

SCORING
1st Quarter
Jimmy Graham 55 yard pass from Drew Brees (Hartley Kick)
2nd Quarter
Mark Ingram 19 yard pass from Drew Brees (Hartley Kick)
DJ Williams 3 yard pass from Aaron Rodgers (Crosby Kick)
Ryan Grant 1 yard run (Crosby Kick)
Mark INgram 43 yard pass from Drew Brees (Hartley Kick)
3rd Quarter
Ryan Grant 49 yard pass from Aaron Rodgers (Crosby Kick)
Hartley 41 yd FG
Alex Green 102 yard kickoff return (Crosby Kick)
Ryan Grant 66 yard run (Crosby Kick)
4th Quarter
Nick Collins 62 yard interception return (Crosby Kick)
Eric Walden 11 yard fumble return (Crosby Kick)
Mason Crosby 24 yard fieldgoal
Garrett Hartley 34 yard fieldgoal

Overall Thoughts: Everything really felt good. I could feel the momentum swings throughout the game especially after I got some drives going in the second half. I need to tone down roughing the passer. Right now I have it on 45 I think and I am still getting way too many calls on that. I believe that contributed to the high scores as it kept drives going. Going to play some more games tonight. The runningbacks didnt sub that much, which has me concerned but overall, it was a great game.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Even though this thread has shifted to a custom slider thread, my thoughts on the tackling issue is that lowering AI tackling to 0 or an extremely low value has the side effect of lowering difficulty.

I forget what the levels are, but lets say that a total of 150 (3 50s) in one area is the all pro setting. Again these figures may not be correct but the idea is. So we have reaction, block shedding, and tackling each at 50 so the AI plays at all pro difficulty.

As soon as you adjust a slider the difficulty becomes "custom." Lowering the tackle rating to 0 has the effect of changing the base difficulty level I think. Instead of a total of 150, we now have a total of 100.

How does this explain the change in other areas? I am not entirely certain, but I think the game uses skill level totals in determining the base difficulty.

I suppose you could play a game on rookie and observe how the AI plays the game. Then do the same for all madden default. I don't mean count amount of broke tackles or ints. I mean how smart the AI is. On all madden the AI seems to be better at playcalling and strategy.

This is largely anecdotal and it may be placebo, but when I started on all pro and then moved to all madden the AI seemingly changed its behavior. The QB started checking down better, took advantage of mismatches, adapted to my defensive playcalling, etc.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:59 PM   #29
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

We can't know this until EA explains it, which is why I implore them to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Even though this thread has shifted to a custom slider thread, my thoughts on the tackling issue is that lowering AI tackling to 0 or an extremely low value has the side effect of lowering difficulty.

I forget what the levels are, but lets say that a total of 150 (3 50s) in one area is the all pro setting. Again these figures may not be correct but the idea is. So we have reaction, block shedding, and tackling each at 50 so the AI plays at all pro difficulty.

As soon as you adjust a slider the difficulty becomes "custom." Lowering the tackle rating to 0 has the effect of changing the base difficulty level I think. Instead of a total of 150, we now have a total of 100.

How does this explain the change in other areas? I am not entirely certain, but I think the game uses skill level totals in determining the base difficulty.

I suppose you could play a game on rookie and observe how the AI plays the game. Then do the same for all madden default. I don't mean count amount of broke tackles or ints. I mean how smart the AI is. On all madden the AI seems to be better at playcalling and strategy.

This is largely anecdotal and it may be placebo, but when I started on all pro and then moved to all madden the AI seemingly changed its behavior. The QB started checking down better, took advantage of mismatches, adapted to my defensive playcalling, etc.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:58 PM   #30
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
We can't know this until EA explains it, which is why I implore them to do so.
I've been imploring them to do so in all of their games for years. I don't think an explanation has ever been given.

For years I had thought the higher the slider rating , the bigger the "boost" to an individual player rating. Within the last two years though, I read somewhere that the higher the rating, the more likely an animation will trigger.

For example, the higher the pass block rating, the more likely the pass block animation happens. IMO, this increases the likelihood of a suction block.

For tackling this year, I am 100% convinced that the higher the setting, the more violent the hit. Notice the explanation of the slider in the settings,"This slider adjusts how effective CPU tackling is". The defenders move(react) faster which in turn initiates an inordinate amount of WWF type of hits. Thus the title of the thread. This may be tolerable for some players, but the over the top animations, the standing shoulder check and send the back head over heels for a 3 yard loss, and other nonsense is not what I want to see.

I have been experimenting with this since Saturday and am pretty much convinced that even with a Rush Reaction at 0, the CPU will still defend the run well with a high tackle setting because of their increase in speed to create the more violent hit.

Try it for AT LEAST 5 games and do not change a thing. Use different teams as well as all of the tools available. Audible, switch sides, slide protect, hot route. Everything. I am seeing a lot of great tackling animations, running animations, and even blocking animations with minimal suction blocking. Even try it in Practice mode and watch the O-Line/D-Line interaction. It's nowhere near as bad as a lot of people say.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:11 PM   #31
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Just got torched by the Eagles 41-14 using the Giants. The Michael Vick show was alive and well. Eli showed up at Lincoln Financial Field with the snowflake logo indicating he was ice cold.

No doubt as he missed plenty of wide open receivers, threw a pick 6 early in the fourth and another interception Nnamdi. nnamdi also had a fumble return for a pick 6.

Started out well for the G-Men when Bradshaw found a seam on a draw play and went 53 yards for the first score. With under 3 minutes left in the half, D. Jackson blew past the Prince for a 49 yard score to tie it up.

Eli was sacked on the first play from scrimmage, fumbled and Nnamdi took it in. 14-7. Next series, Eli continued to impress by throwing his first interception of the day. A FG as time expired and a 7-0 lead turned into a 17-7 deficit at the half in less than 2 minutes. It got ugly from there.

Sacks
Giants-4
Eagles-4

Passing
Vick 11-16-161-2TDs
Eli 9-27-87-2INT
Rosenfels 3-4-49-TD

Rushing
Vick 15-142
R. Brown 17-35
Bradshaw 18-111
Jacobs 4-23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #32
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Looks like you're getting good games out of these sliders. I may have to look at them. Why not update your first post with the sliders you're using?

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »