Home

Speed Threshold Discussion

This is a discussion on Speed Threshold Discussion within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2011, 10:49 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Speed Threshold Discussion

Here's the play:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000...lips-the-field
Old 09-18-2011, 11:06 PM   #50
Rookie

$atisfaktion-'s Arena

OVR: 2

I think 45 is the best. Nothing to much but so little difference.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #51
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

Desean Jackson catches him like he was chasing you or me, jesus o_O

Looked like threshold would have to be set at -50 to get that result.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 04:07 PM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
If you want the speed and everything to work right, 50 is what it needs to be set at. Any lower and players with higher speeds will have a huge advantage and ratings don't matter.
I totally disagree - i had it at 40 and Sam Bradford (73 speed) was stride for stride with Ed Reed (93 speed) after a pick. You can't tell me that is right. 25 seems to be right
Old 09-23-2011, 05:31 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenWire
I totally disagree - i had it at 40 and Sam Bradford (73 speed) was stride for stride with Ed Reed (93 speed) after a pick. You can't tell me that is right. 25 seems to be right
Wow, I've never seen anything like that and I use 50 threshold.

What game speed, out of curiosity? I think that's got to be part of the discussion.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:42 PM   #54
Rookie

That was on slow game speed. reed got round the corner at the 50 with bradford chasing and he stayed about 3 yards behind him all the way to the end zone. the gap stayed exactly the same
Old 09-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Wow, that's messed up.

Though, I always think something other than SPD governs some of these plays.

Even on 50 threshold, 93 should pull away from 73. Something like that shouldn't happen until like 90-100 threshold I would have thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2011, 04:24 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is an easy one. This speed threshold is a feature that should NOT even be in the game. It should be default at zero and unable to be changed. Fast players SHOULD ALWAYS be faster than slow players.... this is a no brainer and not really even up for debate. I mean... there is no slider for qb accuracy threshold... that makes Peyton Manning and Jason Campbell have the same accuracy. there is no tackle threshold that makes johnny lee higgins able to truck anyone in the game, be it brian urlacher or william gay... How can anyone be in favor of anything other than zero here? I don't think "well my dbs are getting beat by faster wide recievers... I want them to get beat but not by as much as realistically possible so I put the threshold on 75 so I can keep up with them no matter what" is a valid arguement. turning the threshold up breaks the game and creates glitches. I use the vike in my chise and we have arguably the slowest set of dbs in the game. my thresh is on zero, and ya know what I do to not get beat by legitimately faster recievers? I play off the reciever when applicable or I press the **** out of em with chris cook and ced griffin. and If I get beat I suck it up and know it's because I effed up calling my defense. anyone who claims to want realistic game play and also claims to use the threshold onanything other than zero is silly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »