Home

Porting Demo Sliders to Release?

This is a discussion on Porting Demo Sliders to Release? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Porting Demo Sliders to Release?

I was wondering if it matters at all to try to get things looking decent in the demo to develop sliders that can serve as a base for the retail game?

I haven't done a lot with the sliders in the demo, but I've been experimenting here and there to try to see some impacts this time around, considering I'm two years removed from my last sliders adventure in M10.

Would it be worth it to try to hash out a decent set of sliders in the demo for when I get the release version tomorrow to use as a base?

Edit: I also have my sliders from M10, but I figure there's no point in using those, correct?

Last edited by KBLover; 08-29-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Porting Demo Sliders to Release?

Well, I tried my Very Slow/85 threshold sliders from M10.

It wasn't TOO bad, but some tweaks are needed. Both QBs (Flacco and Vick) were ridiculously in accurate. I mean, neither are known as precision passers, but some of those throws were like WTF

Run defense was too good, even with run reaction at 33. Put it at 25 and that might be too low. Maybe I need to up block shedding a bit. I already moved it from 0 to 5. Maybe it needs to be 10.

The AI missed two FGs - one was...like...I don't think it's possible to physically kick a ball like that. Let's just say it would have been good if the goal posts were by the back corner pylon...

I think the pass rush is going to be the biggest figuring things out. Don't know if the interactions are way different on the lines now or what.

Score was 0-0 after a quarter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »