Home

Madden 12 coach mode sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 12 coach mode sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 12 coach mode sliders

Cuse, any recent changes on the coach mode sliders? Or is the second post still accurate?
Old 09-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #74
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

No they are still about the same. I'll double check in the morning.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
No they are still about the same. I'll double check in the morning.
Okay, cool. I'm about to get started on my Coach Mode franchise and there are three slider sets I'm looking at, but I wasn't sure if any of them had been recently updated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 08:55 AM   #76
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

Looks like they are all the same except pass rushing at 93, for both human and cpu. At that level I am seeing DEs like Dumervil doing a lot of spin moves and getting around the Tackles for pressure on the QB. The DTs still get a lot of sacks, but I don't think you can really stop that. I think I lowered fumbles the other day by 5 points too. I was seeing alot so lowering it a little has helped. Right now I am just playing with the sliders the way they are and I am getting good games from them.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #77
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

I may have hit upon a solution for DT sacks.

It requires player editing, so those of you who are against that, or those who are against it until they patch the loss of roles caused by editing, will be out of luck.

I reduced the Speed of all my DT's to 48, and I made their power move rating less than their finesse move rating. I adjusted some other ratings to bring the players back to the OVR that they originally had.

In 2 games since those edits, only 1 sack has come from the DT position, and it wasn't actually a DT. I only have 3 DT's on my roster and 1 is hurt. DE Jonathan Fanene is 4th on the depth chart and he had auto-subbed in.

You still see the DT's beat the guards, but the speed reduction keeps them from rushing in for the sack. On the other hand, it doesn't completely eliminate the QB being pressured by an oncoming DT.

The one thing I was worried about has yet to materialize. The CPU rushing stats have not benefited from the edits.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
I may have hit upon a solution for DT sacks.

It requires player editing, so those of you who are against that, or those who are against it until they patch the loss of roles caused by editing, will be out of luck.

I reduced the Speed of all my DT's to 48, and I made their power move rating less than their finesse move rating. I adjusted some other ratings to bring the players back to the OVR that they originally had.

In 2 games since those edits, only 1 sack has come from the DT position, and it wasn't actually a DT. I only have 3 DT's on my roster and 1 is hurt. DE Jonathan Fanene is 4th on the depth chart and he had auto-subbed in.

You still see the DT's beat the guards, but the speed reduction keeps them from rushing in for the sack. On the other hand, it doesn't completely eliminate the QB being pressured by an oncoming DT.

The one thing I was worried about has yet to materialize. The CPU rushing stats have not benefited from the edits.
and i imagine you do this on a per game basis for franchise mode?
Old 09-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #79
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanC
and i imagine you do this on a per game basis for franchise mode?

If you want to do it for the CPU DT's that would be true but I was speaking specifically of the human player's DT's. I don't really have an issue with CPU DT's getting too many sacks.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #80
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

I just adjusted the pass rush sliders again down to 92. I still have 1 DT getting sacks but Dumervil leads my team. I think like half my sacks are coverage sacks, where the QB just keeps holding it looking for someone. 1 thing I have noticed is the QB you are using. When I was using Orton or Quinn I was getting sacked a lot, but now I have Tebow starting and he hardley ever gets sacked. He only runs about 3 or 4 times a game on average, but he dosen't spend a lot of time looking deep downfield, he settles for short throws a lot, so he gets rid of it faster. So I noticed that QBs that like to throw deep get sacked more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »