Home

Madden 12 coach mode sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 12 coach mode sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #33
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 12 coach mode sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsoft_Works
Alright, just ran into the sack problems that were mentioned on the previous page. My team had 8 sacks before halftime, just one for my opponent.

Try turning down the pass rush slider, I'm gonna make that adjustment myself when I play again. But right now I need to sit and watch some football.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #34
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Just played my season opener and there were 5 total sacks. Played two games in a test franchise before that and in three games have yet to have seen a sack-fest.

The goal was to generate more pressure than what you see with "normal" settings, especially from 4-3 ends whose finesse move rating is higher than their power move rating. Nice to see my RE be something other than dead weight for a change. If the 100/100 combo proves to be too effective, I hope it can be watered down without neutering the RE again.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #35
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

Quote:
If the 100/100 combo proves to be too effective, I hope it can be watered down without neutering the RE again.

Yeh I agree, I worry that if you turn down the pass rush then you mess up the DEs rushing. Thats why I say you have to play more then 1 game and use different teams to find out how the sliders are working. Like I said before the most sacks I have seen was like 4 by 1 team. I'm gonna try a couple games with a lower pass rush and just see what it does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 02:54 AM   #36
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

I have been doing some playing with these sliders again and found out some interesting things. I just did Minnesota(me) at Atlanta and they sacked me 6 times in the first half. I only got them once. But thats not all, I couldn't run the ball either, Peterson 10 carries in first half -10 yards. Yeh thats a minus 10.
So at halftime I started another game with Tennessee(me) at Jacksonville. Firsthalf so far good running numbers, and only 1 sack between the 2 teams. That leads me to believe Minnesota has a bad offensive line, because I couldn't run either. The game I am playing now both teams have good offensive lines and it shows with only 1 sack so far.
I'm gonna finish this game and let you all know how it turned out.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #37
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

Only two games with the revised set, but it appears the changes to CPU running were too effective. CPU has done virtually nothing on the ground in those two games.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #38
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

Third game - only 2 total sacks, both by my team. I'm hoping the disparity in the results we're seeing means that OL/DL matchups might actually matter with the sliders maxed.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #39
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

The game last night I had a total of 5 sacks for both teams. I just played a game and got sacked like 5 times, but 4 came on blitzes when guys came in untouched, no way to stop that. My team had 1 or 2 sacks. I think they are working pretty good.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:34 AM   #40
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

The problem is when there's a weakness on the OL. Using 100 PB with PR reduced to 90, Jason Hunter of the Broncos had 5 sacks in one game against Oakland. Oakland's LT being less crappy than their RT, Dumervil had a more realistic one sack in that game.

The Broncos also gave up eight sacks in that game, which would probably be a common theme in the first year of a Broncos franchise using those settings since their OL is rated very poorly. And that was a game that I led from start to finish, so in a game where I would have had the Broncos passing more the results would likely be even worse.

So, from what I can see so far, using a 100 base for PB/PR would look pretty good in an even matchup, but will produce unrealistic stats in a game featuring a weak OL.

As a side note, I tried the 100 base for run blocking/run defense, with run blocking reduced to 90 (I think) and the results on that end were quite good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »