Home

Question Please... What is it about the game that makes you go in and adjust sliders?

This is a discussion on Question Please... What is it about the game that makes you go in and adjust sliders? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Question Please... What is it about the game that makes you go in and adjust sliders?

Basically, I play on All Pro and it seems to play pretty well to me (besides kick offs and punt returns) also, the DB/WR interactions when catching a ball are terrible. I am a casual gamer and only have time to play a few games a week but if the game is really able to represent the sport better with slider adjustments then I would like to know which ones to adjust. There are so many opinions out there that it gets over whelming and the sliders always seem to change. My point to this thread is why do you change the sliders? What in your mind isn't playing out right on the field that makes you want to tweak some sliders?
Thanks Blitz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Question Please... What is it about the game that makes you go in and adjust slid

some changes are just to make the game more difficult. So, making it harder to run the ball - or get INTs, cpu qb accuracy.

Other changes are to make the game feel more realistic to me.

ex. Most big runs in madden are from giant holes and not rb skill. So i like to lower blocking and then tackling/rb ability.

Most incomplete passes are bad throws not deflections. So lower DEF awareness and QB accuracy.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
Pro

Re: Question Please... What is it about the game that makes you go in and adjust slid

Its to stop the Super linebacker jumping and slapping the pass everytime you want to lob the ball of his head or when passing on a Zone cover 3 defensive set. To make Madden run smoother & more realistic feel to the game. On All pro is way to easy , and all madden is at times to much. So theres ways to tweaking the game to play better. Theres some great slider set makes last years I used Playmakers with a few of my own tweaks. This year with help from reading the fourms and playing with Jarrod21 & playmakers MD11 sliders came up with my own. I hope people test them out and give me feed back to make it a better gaming experince for everyone who plays.

Last edited by PanthersGM305; 09-01-2011 at 11:03 AM. Reason: typeo
Old 09-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

so play action blocking will work

more competition

better feel to game
Old 09-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
My point to this thread is why do you change the sliders? What in your mind isn't playing out right on the field that makes you want to tweak some sliders?
Thanks Blitz
See this thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042794867
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

Thanks guys for your reply's. I wonder if the developers mess with the sliders when they play and if they have any recommendations to certain things?

You would think if there was a slider to stop the dam linebackers from jumping 30' to intercept a pass it would be set properly from the beginning. Isn't that what extensive play testing is for? I would just love my special teams to actually block someone! lol
Old 09-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #7
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10

The main slider I mess with is run blocking. I have a rule that I have to run the ball a minimum of 20 times to approach that 100 yard mark. Also, speed threshold is another I tinker with.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #8
Rookie

Basically what everyone else already stated: realism, difficulty, and trying to remove some of the cheapness that can occur on default settings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »