Home

Which sliders are the sliders for YOU?

This is a discussion on Which sliders are the sliders for YOU? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2011, 12:32 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Which sliders are the sliders for YOU?

Honestly, I'm starting to consider threshold, ANY threshold as borderline to overrated.

This "it happens here, but not on any other threshold" is incorrect, imo.

There's at least 14 settings that impact games: Threshold, Game Speed, the "Main 12" sliders. And now the coaching sliders might be coming in to play for on the field game play/animations (which leads back to game play).

The idea that some things can only occur or "best" occur on one threshold over another is like saying the QB can't be accurate with QB Acc of less than X. It's not true. It depends on many other factors.

Just my view. I've literally tried from 0 to 100 to 33 to 50 to 67 to 75 to values in between. I've yet to see any statistically significant changes in production the slider set I have in place - be it mine or someone else's. Like I said in dfos's thread, his set with 33 threshold is doing the same stuff, same high PUR LBs (like Ray Lewis) getting tons of tackles and flowing all over the field (I once saw him 40 yds downfield), scores, stats, etc, as the new 100.

If threshold is THAT powerful - explain the lack of change? I've asked - never yet gotten a direct answer. To me, it's because threshold is just one small piece of the puzzle.

Just my view and experiences...
Old 10-24-2011, 12:49 AM   #50
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Honestly, I'm starting to consider threshold, ANY threshold as borderline to overrated.

This "it happens here, but not on any other threshold" is incorrect, imo.

There's at least 14 settings that impact games: Threshold, Game Speed, the "Main 12" sliders. And now the coaching sliders might be coming in to play for on the field game play/animations (which leads back to game play).

The idea that some things can only occur or "best" occur on one threshold over another is like saying the QB can't be accurate with QB Acc of less than X. It's not true. It depends on many other factors.

Just my view. I've literally tried from 0 to 100 to 33 to 50 to 67 to 75 to values in between. I've yet to see any statistically significant changes in production the slider set I have in place - be it mine or someone else's. Like I said in dfos's thread, his set with 33 threshold is doing the same stuff, same high PUR LBs (like Ray Lewis) getting tons of tackles and flowing all over the field (I once saw him 40 yds downfield), scores, stats, etc, as the new 100.

If threshold is THAT powerful - explain the lack of change? I've asked - never yet gotten a direct answer. To me, it's because threshold is just one small piece of the puzzle.

Just my view and experiences...
Its really a preference, just like gamespeed Slow, Normal, and Fast.

My points w/ the videos posted above are proving that 100 threshold does NOT kill Spd or Acc. If anything it may actually make them show more accurately. As you can see in the WR test video, 93 Spd is still blowing by 83 spd on all threshold tests 0, 33 and 100.
Now the difference is the seperation in each test. 0 gave the most seperation, 33 not much different, and 100 was tighter but ratings still proved to show.

Watch the videos and lemme know what you think.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:17 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 4

any input on what else to do to the list? i was gonna organize it by difficulty but its all completely subjective to who is playing, and a majority of them are in the middle of all-pro all-madden range anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2011, 11:12 PM   #52
Pro

added http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-schemes.html

tarantism has an interesting post going on about coaching scheme sliders and how they effect a lot more than you would think. (like every other slider in madden apparently)
Old 11-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #53
Pro

bump.. this thread started off with a full head of steam now it seems to be dying out a lil. most likely because i ran out of ways to update, but anyways final bump to see if this can help everyone out if not ill let this fall back down
Old 11-16-2011, 10:23 PM   #54
Redskins big 3

Vechi8's Arena

OVR: 17

Thank you for the hard work. I never even saw Blue Ninja's work and was pleasantly surprised with them. They may be the best sliders that I have played. People should try them. They sre not easy!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:33 AM   #55
Pro

saw a few more sets added to the list, will add them in even though it seems most people figured out their favored sliders by now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2011, 09:17 PM   #56
Rookie

MaddiesDaddy's Arena

OVR: 1

awesome thread. So helpful....like the Blog about the Top5 sets. Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »