Home

DolpFan's 10 Min. Pro CPU v. CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on DolpFan's 10 Min. Pro CPU v. CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 05:52 AM   #41
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: DolpFan's 10 Min. Pro CPU v. CPU Sliders

Where r u guys at for specials??
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey Dolphfan, any updates to your sliders? I still haven't bought Madden 12 yet. I will if there is a concrete set of CPU vs CPU sliders out there for me to try. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2011, 11:41 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0

Hey guys I'm very sorry for not updating this thread as I been busy with catching up on my Show sim season but in the meantime I was able to do week 1 of the NFL season and before i started, I was hearing that the passing game needs to open up a little so I bumped up the reaction time on pass coverage rush defense to 30..
So that is the updated change and I think that will be the last as I feel like the stats in the game mirror the stats from NFL games so i'm gonna go with this.. I'll post some scores from week 1 along with stats in the next few days..

Changes:
Bumped Reaction Time in PASS COVERAGE and RUSH DEFENSE to 30 and dropped INTs to 25.
Also dropped Punt Accuracy and INTs to 25.

Thanks again guys for reading and I hope you enjoy these sliders as much as I am.

DolpFan

Last edited by DolpFan; 09-20-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:42 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hi dolp,

Enjoy your sliders...but did you raise the pass reaction time?

I lowerd the pass reaction time to 20 to open up the pass (i figure lower means the defense reacts slower?)

I also lowered the run blocking to 20....felt i was getting too many big runs with bad running backs.

Ill try the int at 25.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTyner
Hi dolp,

Enjoy your sliders...but did you raise the pass reaction time?

I lowerd the pass reaction time to 20 to open up the pass (i figure lower means the defense reacts slower?)

I also lowered the run blocking to 20....felt i was getting too many big runs with bad running backs.

Ill try the int at 25.

Thanks
JT if you want to open up the pass game more, move your Pass defense reaction time up (to the right). I moved mine to 30 because the offense was getting no separation. TRY 30 or even 35 and see if you like what you see..

As far as INTs, this slider is really making me mad.. I tried 25, the ints are more situational but still plenty. I go the other way @ 75 and Romo throws 4 in one half... Dont know what say about that thing....

DolpFan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 04:06 PM   #46
Rookie

Hi Dolph,

I saw your reply in this forum about the reaction slider and I guess I thought it was the other way around (lower number meant the defense reacted slower). I tried your changes yesterday and they seemed cool....just need to see them in a few games to be sure so hopefully I can jam a few games this weekend

Thanks!
Old 09-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #47
Rookie

Hey dolph,

Tried the changes and dig what it does to the passing game!!!!

Do you feel the running game is a tiny bit too much?? Not sure if tweaking the run reaction a little down or moving the run block a little down? What do you think? Im currently using all your sliders right now and im not 100% sure either way. Lol.....maybe im just being a little obsessive lol
Old 09-25-2011, 11:42 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTyner
Hey dolph,

Tried the changes and dig what it does to the passing game!!!!

Do you feel the running game is a tiny bit too much?? Not sure if tweaking the run reaction a little down or moving the run block a little down? What do you think? Im currently using all your sliders right now and im not 100% sure either way. Lol.....maybe im just being a little obsessive lol
Yeah man I like what I'm seeing too!! I turned the REACTION TIME up to 35 and I also bumped up PASS RUSH to 30. I also bumped WR CATCHING and PASS BLOCK down to 20 so all the PASSING slides are at 20. What i'm seeing is a better passing game in that the QBs have a little more time to throw and they throw seams, posts and even fades better also. i figured with the bump up in pass rush so every play doesn't "look" like a blitz.. But still teams with bad OLs won't have this luxury.

As far as the running game goes, I like it... If you look at today's stats as far as carries and yards, I think we're on point. I like when the RBs start out slow then really get it going in the second half, gaining crucial yards especially in close games. Also, keeping the rush offense the way it is raises the prospects of having PR/KRs for touchdowns.. If you think the run game is too much what I would suggest is to bump up the HOLDING slide to 55 as I would not touch the rush offense slides.

So here are the latest changes and tell me what you think...

PASS BLOCK 20
WR CATCHING 20
PASS DEFENSE REACTION TIME 35
PASS RUSH 30

ALSO
Drop INTs to 0, been getting more realistic TO numbers, meaning not so many 6-8 turnover games. Most games now only have 1-4 TOs/game.

DolpFan

Last edited by DolpFan; 09-25-2011 at 11:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »