Home

what difficulty level does CUSTOM sliders play on?

This is a discussion on what difficulty level does CUSTOM sliders play on? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #25
Rookie

tlhman's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: what difficulty level does CUSTOM sliders play on?

Following reading the posts and attempts to clarify sliders, I am now totally confused! I have been thinking of User adj as making changes in assistance for ME and CPU changes as adjusting the ability of my computer opponent. Now it sounds like I am all wet.
My original problem was, All Pro seemed I was getting beat a little too much, while Pro was like having no opponent. What is suggested to be in between the two to make games more realistic for my play. Make sence?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #26
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
why does the kick meter speed change then? so far the only thing I have done is raise run blocking to 55.
You have 2 options.

Test out what JaRodd21 is stating. I believe it is accurate. The guy has done a huge amount of research on it.

Your second choice is very simple. Just select the level of your choice. In this case it is All Pro.

Now just edit the cpu sliders only, and the level will not change at all. It will still state All pro.

In this case you want to lower the cpu block shedding on the run defense category, since you wanted to raise your run block, but couldn't because it would default to custom.

Real simple friends. Want to stay on the level your playing on just touch the cpu sliders, and not the player sliders, and the level will stay. It will never say custom. It will say the level you selected, and play that level.

Or you can use JaRodds21 method.

They both do the same except with Jarodd21's method you can customize it more, and it won't state the level it will say custom, but the kick meter speed confirms the level for you.

Use the method that makes the most sense to you. They are both effective and will get you the results you need.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #27
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlhman
Following reading the posts and attempts to clarify sliders, I am now totally confused! I have been thinking of User adj as making changes in assistance for ME and CPU changes as adjusting the ability of my computer opponent. Now it sounds like I am all wet.
My original problem was, All Pro seemed I was getting beat a little too much, while Pro was like having no opponent. What is suggested to be in between the two to make games more realistic for my play. Make sence?
tell me exaclty what you see that is off on allpro, or what areas you want to adjust and I will tell you exaclty what to do.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

i have all my sliders set da 25 i get good cpu play da only thangs dat suck cpu cant stop da slants d line barley get off ball and less pics all on both sides madden trippen
Old 09-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm still on 12 due to coach mode and I get terrific results when I adjust sliders maintaining that 150 of all-pro. Google site search saves the day again...
Old 09-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #30
Rookie

I am going to come at this from a different way, this is from years of slider adjustments with the NHL series and I think Madden is similar (or seems to be).
The AI is programmed at a certain level of play, for Madden that level is All-Pro (in the NHL series they program it for All-Star level). When you go into All-Madden, the CPU receives a boost overall to make the game seem harder. So, even though the sliders are all 50, the CPU is better because of that boost (same thing in reverse, except that the AI drops in boost). This is also the reason you see a game speed change, as that is the boosting effect. Remember, the AI does not get smarter, it only receives boosts to give an artificial sense of being better and you could call it a slight cheat/advantage.

Moving the sliders is then a way to add more boost or take some away. So even if you are playing on All-Madden, as soon as you move a slider it is now custom and you have either boosted the human or taken away a boost from the cpu.

The question is how much of a boost does All-Madden give, that answer seems to be around 25%. So, if I am in All-Madden and lower a CPU from 50 to 25, that now puts us back to All-Pro level for that category. You can fine tune from there, as well all play a little different.

So why choose All-Pro for editing, for one I like the overall speed of the game at this setting (I am not fighting the crazy boost of All-Madden) and secondly I just find it easier to dial in my settings with smaller increments. Now, keep in mind that I am an average player. If you like a really fast pace and can destroy the CPU on All-Pro, then it might make more sense to start on All-Madden and fine tune from there, but I personally do not like the Godly powers the CPU has on All-Madden, such as superman jumps and esp. But hey! Thats just me.

Last edited by drog1602; 09-06-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

hi, i'm confused:

"No.. If you keep each USER total category inbetween 76-150 its all-pro. If you keep each USER total category at 75 or lower its All-Madden. For example."

well, what IF you have user running at 70 overall (All Madden) but user passing at, for example, 140 overall (All pro)?

will that result in All Madden gameplay for passing but -- within the same game -- All Pro gameplay for running?

how can that be, two different levels of play within one game? i say that because, even though passing and running are different, they still share certain commonalities, like breaking tackles, fumbling, etc. in the passing game, once a WR catches the ball, he's essentially in the same position as a running back.

so, will the WR in this case have All-Madden fumbling/break tackle or All Pro fumbling/break tackles?

get what i'm saying?

Last edited by billsmetalbooze; 09-06-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 04:39 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlhman
I'm in the same situation as you. Pro Mode is easy, All-Pro very
difficult.
My biggest problems are:
- I can not run almost of the time;
- I think the CPU defends very well on pass plays; and
- Number of interceptions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
tell me exaclty what you see that is off on allpro, or what areas you want to adjust and I will tell you exaclty what to do.
What can I change, starting with All-Pro mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »