Home

Shadia147's CPU vs CPU Sliders, 15 mins, All-Madden

This is a discussion on Shadia147's CPU vs CPU Sliders, 15 mins, All-Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Shadia147's CPU vs CPU Sliders, 15 mins, All-Madden

Hey Guys; Nice to see some of you following me. I was starting to feel paranoid )
Anyway, I played four games last night. Didnt post. (Takes so long to post those stats)
Let me address some things you all have brought up. Forgive me if I miss some things. Will answer those eventually.

First of all to Bubba especially; There's a post on the main Madden Page addressing the All-Madden moving to "Custom" phenomena. I asked a couple of questions on exactly what you was wondering. I guess we both need to wait to see the answers.
Secondly, I was thinking about shifting these same values to Pro or All-Pro just to see if the game loosens up even more. Just out of curiosity.
Might do it in Pre-Season week 4 for a game or two.
Also to Bubba; I want to emphazise that these sliders are in FRANCHISE MODE ONLY! WITH 15MINUTE QTRS. With Gameflow ON!
Which very well could alter your results if not following that exactly. Again I don't think these Sliders will work on PLAY NOW! I want to make that clear.
As to other things, I played around last night for four games. Here's what I discovered...
The Fumble slider has nothing to do with "Fumbles" per se. What it controls is how hard the contact is on tackles. If you raise the Fumble, you see more players being hit with forearm shivers, or being knocked out of their shoes by a hard hit. And therefore, you see more fumbles because the fumble AI is not based on how they carry the ball, but rather how hard they're hit. A hard hit =Fumble on most cases. So I'm back at a 20 setting for fumbles. Might even lower it more. I raised some Penalty Sliders also especially KR/PR Interference. Half the fumbles I've seen has been on Punt Returns that should have been called Interference, but wasnt. If I can eliminate this, I think the game changes greatly.
Lastly, to the poster who was talking about RPC in the running game. If you raise or lower your holding Penalty, it probably has more effect on the running game than changing anything else.
As to where my sliders are at this moment? I'm back to where they were on page two. Back to Fumbles at 20. I did push up some penalties that I havent seen called up to 100. Still havent seen them called yet.
I got the Jets playing the Giants right now, looks like a classic.
Oh yeah, the CPU/Human Sliders being the same;
I did that because I noticed that my Home Teams were crushing my Visiting Teams pretty consistantly. I don't know if that really has an effect or not. But at least if they're set at the same values, I eliminate the possibility that the Human sliders effect one team, and the CPU effects the other. Long story short.. The games DO seem to be closer now. Whether thats the cause or not.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:28 PM   #34
Pro

I'm pretty happy with my slidrrs right now. I'm wondering if any of you guys want to take this further and try fine tuning the current set by moving factors only one intead of the five that I've been moving them. Maybe we can get this thing exactly right down to the inth degree. Also, I want to take a look at Fatigue and Injuries.
Are you guys satisfied with both of those on 50?
Old 09-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #35
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

Shadia, thanks for explaining things a bit further. I like your sliders very much. I am torn between using them with All Madden or Pro. I am leaning towards Pro for I see things happening on the field that I just don't see on any other setting.
As for injuries and fatigue, I do leave them at fifty. I may lower injuries a bit simply for the odd way the games brings them on. Sometimes players are hurt but I have to pause the game to find that fact out. I am really more into the broadcast aspect of simming this game. When EA says "Football True to Sunday", I am putting them to the test. I want this game to play out true to what I see on Sundays, with no crazy stats or odd occurrences going on. I am not a big Franchise mode guy, though I am at the start of my Raiders franchise right now. But I do a lot of testing in Franchise as well as Exhibition mode.
For the life of me, I can't figure out why they took out Season Mode. 2K is LIGHT YEARS ahead of EA in this regard!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 11:17 PM   #36
Pro

Bubba; Please do try these sliders at PRO Level for me. I'm interested in if they work better on one level than another. But please try to keep it on Franchise 15 min. Just so we can have a fair comparison.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #37
Pro

bubba4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadia147
Bubba; Please do try these sliders at PRO Level for me. I'm interested in if they work better on one level than another. But please try to keep it on Franchise 15 min. Just so we can have a fair comparison.
OK I'll do a test.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #38
Pro

While you test my Page two set on All-Pro or Pro, I'm going to look at this new setting I stumbled upon late last night. I played one game, and was pleased. Although YPC was slightly high. Marshall had a 6.6 YPC with a 49 yd run thrown in , But in the Seahawks Chargers game I watched last night, there was only 3 sacks for the Chargers, none for Seahawks. And only 1 turnover for each team. Everything else looked right.
watching Cheifs-Rams in the rain right now. A bit sloppy game. Will look at final stats when finished.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:57 PM   #39
Pro

I just deleted the untested set of sliders from last night. They were great the first game, but gravitated back towards awful the nest two games. So I deleted them to avoid confusion. Basically I didnt like them.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:20 PM   #40
Pro

bubba4's Arena

I did a test with the Colts at the Texans and it was not good. I had Peyton leading the Colts and he had almost 500 yards passing at the start of the 3rd quarter leading 49 to 3. The Colts had 3 sacks and the Texans zero. Turnovers looked ok to that point but I had to stop the slaughter so I didn't finish it. Neither team had over 50 yards rushing. Maybe I screwed up some of your settings but I hope that game was not typical. Pro in Franchise may not be the best way to go.

What I am trying to do is get sliders that will let teams perform closest to their real life counterparts. Teams that run, run; teams that pass, pass; and balanced teams do both. I see a lot of big plays and TD's outside the red zone. But too many field goals when teams get inside it. I see far too many 1st and goals inside the 5 that end up in FG's. Even for good teams.

Somehow imo, in Exhibition games using Pro sliders at their default levels for Player sliders (75 for everything except 50 for Pass Rush) matching the same sliders for the cpu gives the best NFL performance, though the games are a bit high scoring. I may be able to mitigate this by raising the speed threshold to stop some of the big plays.

I see you didn't like your new sliders. Keep going though!

Last edited by bubba4; 09-15-2011 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Update

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »