Home

Pass Reaction 0 and how to relates to Realistic QB% and accuarcy

This is a discussion on Pass Reaction 0 and how to relates to Realistic QB% and accuarcy within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2011, 03:37 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Pass Reaction 0 and how to relates to Realistic QB% and accuarcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
HUM 50 is actually really good with Broken Tackles at 0. In the NFL players most backs don't have a lot of BTs, I also heard the BT setting will just create more holes instead, I can verify that as I was just playing a game with BT at 0 and Deangelo Williams broke 3 tackles for a TD lol.

These results are actually terrific, I only have one problem left and that's the long bombs. I can't figure out if it's the reaction time or threshold causing it cause Aaron Rogers got sacked 5 times for sitting in the pocket looking for long bombs on every pass, that's just stupid.

So what causes these QBs to look for long bombs all the time? Maybe you know cause I can't figure it out.
I've noticed that certain QBs, Like Rogers tend to look for deep throws. Whereas other QBs, like Sanchez, are less inclined to do so. I haven't really looked into why. More of an observation.

Perhaps looking into the type of QB would be better at first then looking to adjust the sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
I've noticed that certain QBs, Like Rogers tend to look for deep throws. Whereas other QBs, like Sanchez, are less inclined to do so. I haven't really looked into why. More of an observation.

Perhaps looking into the type of QB would be better at first then looking to adjust the sliders.
Playbooks?

Do the Packers have more deep routes than the Jets in their playbook?
Old 09-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Brady's avg accuarcy rating based on Accuarcy, Short, Medium, Long and Throw on the Run is 86.2 between the 5 ratings
Hey PM, followed your sliders the last few years and have meticulously followed each update you've made this year.

You've genuinely found a magic formula here, great job dude!

I have a problem though. I appreciate you making the list of QB's and their relative QBA settings, but I was about to start making my own in order to a)have it immediately to hand and b)keep it up to date with ratings changes and rookies entering the league in franchise mode.

I've just got round to doing calculations and I can only find 4 of the 5 ratings you mention. You say you're using the average of Accuracy, Short Accuracy, Medium Accuracy, Deep Accuracy and Throw On The Run.

I can find the last 4 fine but the first one, the overall accuracy one, has me completely stumped. Hoping you can clear this up for me or that I'm just being completely blind!

To be honest they aren't too far off from the averages you have listed if I average just those 4, for example, Brady's comes out at 83.5 as opposed to 86.2, but as I'm sure you're aware those few clicks could be the difference between true realism or not.

Anyway, great job once again this year, hopefully you can tell me where I'm going wrong and I can get my franchise underway!
Old 09-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyFury
Hey PM, followed your sliders the last few years and have meticulously followed each update you've made this year.

You've genuinely found a magic formula here, great job dude!

I have a problem though. I appreciate you making the list of QB's and their relative QBA settings, but I was about to start making my own in order to a)have it immediately to hand and b)keep it up to date with ratings changes and rookies entering the league in franchise mode.

I've just got round to doing calculations and I can only find 4 of the 5 ratings you mention. You say you're using the average of Accuracy, Short Accuracy, Medium Accuracy, Deep Accuracy and Throw On The Run.

I can find the last 4 fine but the first one, the overall accuracy one, has me completely stumped. Hoping you can clear this up for me or that I'm just being completely blind!

To be honest they aren't too far off from the averages you have listed if I average just those 4, for example, Brady's comes out at 83.5 as opposed to 86.2, but as I'm sure you're aware those few clicks could be the difference between true realism or not.

Anyway, great job once again this year, hopefully you can tell me where I'm going wrong and I can get my franchise underway!
I'm using the actual accuarcy rating as one of his true ratings....you can use just the 4 short, medium, long and throw on the run but i use their overall accuarcy rating because it brings the average up which is better for gameplay IMO

I was going to use Awareness as the 5th rating but decided to just use the actual accuarcy rating itself....

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-10-2011, 11:46 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Sh!t. What happens in franchise mode when these guys decline or progress?! And how bout rookies/backups etc?! Then what would we do... Ugh..
Im interested in an answer to this?
Old 09-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I'm using the actual accuarcy rating as one of his true ratings....you can use just the 4 short, medium, long and throw on the run but i use their overall accuarcy rating because it brings the average up which is better for gameplay IMO

I was going to use Awareness as the 5th rating but decided to just use the actual accuarcy rating itself....
Sorry to come across as repeating myself but I still can't find an overall rating for 'accuracy' on its own. Are you first averaging the 3 short, medium and long accuracy ratings, then using the resulting number as the overall or are you talking about the QB's overall rating listed next to age? i.e Romo's 88 OVR and Brady's 99 OVR?

Sorry for the confusion and risking coming across as an idiot haha, just dying to get this finished up now!
Old 09-10-2011, 12:22 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyFury
Sorry to come across as repeating myself but I still can't find an overall rating for 'accuracy' on its own. Are you first averaging the 3 short, medium and long accuracy ratings, then using the resulting number as the overall or are you talking about the QB's overall rating listed next to age? i.e Romo's 88 OVR and Brady's 99 OVR?

Sorry for the confusion and risking coming across as an idiot haha, just dying to get this finished up now!
Once you go into rosters you'll see a rating right before Short Accuarcy

The list goes
Throwing Accuarcy
Short Accuarcy
Medium Accuarcy
DeeP ball Accuarcy
Thow on the Run
Playaction

I use all of them accept playaction

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 01:16 PM   #32
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

So defense ratings stay same. Only changing qb for games?

Injuries? Starter, changes etc? What should
We do? I don't mind finding the ratings myself if that's what it has to be..
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »