Home

allpro settings are perfect for me, except for passing, slider tweak suggestions?

This is a discussion on allpro settings are perfect for me, except for passing, slider tweak suggestions? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2011, 04:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: allpro settings are perfect for me, except for passing, slider tweak suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
I play on all pro default and heres what I find.

1. really mix up your plays.\
2. really look at the defensive formations, and make adjustments.
-use hot routes
-adjust your offenisve line to piick up blitzes
- put receivers in motion
-establish a rhythm with short passes-this forces the ai defense to change up their defense, in no time youll have receivers open down field
-timing, timing,- hit your intended target in stride. thats why offensive line play is important. if the defense throws your timing off by a split second, the play is essentially broken. you may have to throw the ball away, if someone isnt clearly open.
-learn not to force it while you are under pressure.
-lead your receivers
-listen to the stale commentary, they often tell you in a round about way what you're doing wrong

all pro and all madden is unforgiving in the pass game. for average madden players
Everything said here is great advice. I am at average Madden player at best. I found Pro too easy and All-Pro too hard. I played Pro a bunch just to get my skills in tact and then switched up to All-Pro and started winning. In prior editions of Madden I always played All-Pro and won about 50% of the time I'd say. This year All-Pro is harder. Follow everything said by tril and default all-pro will get you wins. I really hated All-Pro at first this year, but I can win if I'm always thinking about every play. If I'm tired I'll probably play on Pro so I don't get too frustrated! You really have to think about every play on All-Pro.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #10
Rookie

aaronblrt1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: allpro settings are perfect for me, except for passing, slider tweak suggestions?

I agree the default All-Pro is the way to go. Except I tweak my INT to 35 on both Player & CPU skill. Too many INT's at 50.

I just played my best game ever. Very close and felt real.

CLE 13 - ARZ 9

Had a real feel tempo to it. CLE defense was solid all game and their offense was terrible. The OLine really gave up alot of pressure from the ARZ defense. Penalities were right on both sides.
Colt McCoy was accurate with short passes but bad at the long ones. Alot of drops just like CLE does.
On the other side of the ball ARZ went for alot of big plays, CLE defense shut them down in the red zone. Kevin Kolb rushed the ball himself and gave it to Beanie Wells. CLE rush defnse wasn't there. ARZ should have scored more points. All Three FGs were short distance, inside the RedZone.
Overall CLE got lucky and got away with a win they shouldn't have had and played very bad football. Like I said felt very real to me...
Old 12-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #11
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman612
Everything said here is great advice. I am at average Madden player at best. I found Pro too easy and All-Pro too hard. I played Pro a bunch just to get my skills in tact and then switched up to All-Pro and started winning. In prior editions of Madden I always played All-Pro and won about 50% of the time I'd say. This year All-Pro is harder. Follow everything said by tril and default all-pro will get you wins. I really hated All-Pro at first this year, but I can win if I'm always thinking about every play. If I'm tired I'll probably play on Pro so I don't get too frustrated! You really have to think about every play on All-Pro.
I just started a Giants franchise using all-pro default sliders. Had a great 1st game against the Skins.
Bradshaw had a 74 yard TD on the first play of the game, then a 6 yarder a little later in the 1st. Fumble recovery for a TD by Wash, and a FG for each team made it 17-10 at the half. Hightower TD for the only score of the 3rd tied it. I got a 13 yard TD by Ware and another FG to make it 27-17 with 9:00 to go in the 4th. A quick TD drive by Wash got them within 3 but I managed a couple of first downs on the ground to eat up some time and was able to take a knee to seal the win.
Pretty even stats. Manning completed 56% for 186 yards, 2 INT's, sacked twice. Grossman was right at 50% with 244 yards and 1 TD with 3 INT's, 4 sacks.
They never got a running game going (Hightower had 47 yards on 14 carries) while I ran the ball with success, although other than the long TD run I didn't get a lot of big runs. One 28 yarder by Ware but the rest was just 4 and 5 yards here and there to keep possession.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahCreations
On all pro settings everything plays how I like it for the most part but the passing game always is unrealistic, aggravating and not fun. I throw atleast 2-5 interceptions a game. Its near impossible to find an open reciever on a pass more than 10 yards. I loved the my skill option that they took out this year cuz for the most part it was fair and gave me a challenge while still being fun. If I drop the settings to pro I just dominate all of the sudden on offense and defense. So basically I'm asking what sliders should I adjust to only fix the user pass game and any recommended settings? I like how my run game is I like how my defense plays and I like how the cpu plays against me on all pro,but after 10 games my passing has yet to improve and I don't think its my skill(been playing madden since 94) just think the cpu is basically cheating me when it comes to passing. The defenses zone coverage is whack on allpro.
The "My Skill" difficulty option is not in the PS3 version of Madden NFL 12?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »