Home

Normal/All Pro/Realism

This is a discussion on Normal/All Pro/Realism within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #73
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Normal/All Pro/Realism

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehat1428
I really like your thinking behinds all your work. When your finished could you please post your results in the standard slider format. Also if you sould include penalty slider, if any, and game minutes per quarter. Thanks again.
Got it! Pg. 1 is the base set. I love how the gameplay is with these. The CPU makes decisive decisions, Qbs that are good with above avg skills passing are going to play much better than they did when I started adjusting from default All-Pro. I don't see as many gameplay issues like I did when I started.

The CPU can actually run with these and that just adds to the chess match.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 4

thanks for these! they play really well. just started a franchise with Bills and lost my first game to the Chiefs 20-10. the nice thing is that i feel like the CPU didn't cheat to win. i broke it down to about 4 plays that i should have made that i didn't. those were the big difference makers. good stuff!
Old 09-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
After 3 games now, Grossman has 4 tds 3ints, 79qb rating, 55%, and 6.3 avg. I'm so pumped every game now bc I know the CPU can make me look bad if I'm not focused. Now with these I'm really looking like Rex should. He will make say huh, and then he will make you say WOW! It's awesome!
Yep, just experienced that with Tyrod Taylor.

First drive, I was like - okay, maybe we'll have a passing game after all. Then...a whole lot of facepalms and hurr durr throwin' wif my eyez closed Taylor came out. No picks because NO ONE could catch it. Not even raining.

He's like those pitchers that don't give up hits because they are so wild, the batters just walk on base. Note to self - look for a good back-up QB this offseason.

And guess who's next? Pittsburgh (3-5). I have no idea why they are 3-5 (and Cincy is 4-2!! WTF), but still - we're not playing much better right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 06:41 PM   #76
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrobat
thanks for these! they play really well. just started a franchise with Bills and lost my first game to the Chiefs 20-10. the nice thing is that i feel like the CPU didn't cheat to win. i broke it down to about 4 plays that i should have made that i didn't. those were the big difference makers. good stuff!
I just spanked the Rams, blkd Fg! Scooped it up and ran back my 1st Def. Td of the season on a blkd Fg, 1st time ever on Madden I think. Final 27-7 My Skins. I know it was more to do with the Rams sucking, then me being too good. Remember I lost the previous game to Cowboys. Rex had a 73qb rating against the Rams. I hope he doesn't get cold lol. I've been hot with him, but not cold yet. I hope to never deal with him cold. Going to stick with Ground & Pound game.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #77
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Yep, just experienced that with Tyrod Taylor.

First drive, I was like - okay, maybe we'll have a passing game after all. Then...a whole lot of facepalms and hurr durr throwin' wif my eyez closed Taylor came out. No picks because NO ONE could catch it. Not even raining.

He's like those pitchers that don't give up hits because they are so wild, the batters just walk on base. Note to self - look for a good back-up QB this offseason.

And guess who's next? Pittsburgh (3-5). I have no idea why they are 3-5 (and Cincy is 4-2!! WTF), but still - we're not playing much better right now.
Tyrod is a rookie, so his cold streaks should be much more apparent than the hot ones. I would keep playing him bc he could be pretty good, just lookin at his ratings as a Rookie.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:15 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Tyrod is a rookie, so his cold streaks should be much more apparent than the hot ones. I would keep playing him bc he could be pretty good, just lookin at his ratings as a Rookie.
Yeah, I plan to keep him and see how he develops. Just I think he probably should be a 3rd QB. Cantwell...isn't much better so I figure I'd go with Taylor because of his mobility (and he's only had 1 sack and that was in the last game). Ravens basically have two 3rd QBs as backups since they let Bulger go.

Unfortunately, the deadline is passed or I'd try to swing a deal for someone's accurate-but-not-much-else type QB. Oh well, maybe he'll pull it out.

Also going to break down and do some lead passing on corner routes. They just don't seem completable otherwise. I hit the practice field and figured out something that might help me include those.

Last edited by KBLover; 09-23-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #79
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Yeah, I plan to keep him and see how he develops. Just I think he probably should be a 3rd QB. Cantwell...isn't much better so I figure I'd go with Taylor because of his mobility (and he's only had 1 sack and that was in the last game). Ravens basically have two 3rd QBs as backups since they let Bulger go.

Unfortunately, the deadline is passed or I'd try to swing a deal for someone's accurate-but-not-much-else type QB. Oh well, maybe he'll pull it out.

Also going to break down and do some lead passing on corner routes. They just don't seem completable otherwise. I hit the practice field and figured out something that might help me include those.
Yeah Taylor looked pretty athletic in the games I watched in preseason too. I would be developing him. I will be looking for my future Qb after this 1st season. Now that the slider adjusting has finally slowed down now after this last update. You know the precision or lead passing is the only way I can get Grossman to complete deep passes, he's like 72 on deep or something close to that. Practice throwing sidelines, low, high, etc. Each differ direction you throw affects the ball location better than other Maddens(since next gen.)
Old 09-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 6

dfos, what are you using for special teams sliders?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »