Home

Normal/All Pro/Realism

This is a discussion on Normal/All Pro/Realism within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Normal/All Pro/Realism

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Keep in mind w/ my user control(precision passing) I throw apx 60-65%. So I'm the user that controls were I want the ball to go. I also love user catching as much as possible. I've never belived in playing any other way. So with you just pressing the button w/o prec. passing, your player Qbs acc slider is too low for Qbs like Campbell and Grossman to play up to there ratings w/o some user control.
That may be true, but he shouldn't be putting up 7 of 20 type days under any conditions.

In the last preseason game, I went 10 for 18 with him with 2 TDs and 0 INTs (55% completion). So one or two more of those passes falling in, and he's close to 60%, and not terribly far off from his last year numbers with Oakland. If I threw one less pass that was incomplete (10 of 17) or one more completion (11 of 19), I'd basically hit it and duplicate what he did (with an extra TD) vs Denver.

Consider I play the same way (just hitting the button when the receiver appears open and no user catching) he played horrible in two rain home games and was fine in the road non-rain games.

That tells me the variable is the rain, not so much my playstyle. I mean, I hit over 60% with Freeman with this play style against the Vikings. I think that was like 68%
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #66
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Rain games seem to drop my Qbs % abt 5-10%. So I'm going to test a few more with the latest updates to sliders. I should be able to post them early morning, after 1am central or tomorrow afternoon. I hope by this weekend they are what I need to continue offline franchise.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #67
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehat1428
I really like your thinking behinds all your work. When your finished could you please post your results in the standard slider format. Also if you sould include penalty slider, if any, and game minutes per quarter. Thanks again.
Sure can, I will be updating pg. 1 ASAP. I'm working late, so earliest would be after 1am cst.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:47 AM   #68
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Wow! I like these updates on pg.1 It will have you sweatin out victories! Now they are my base. I know not everyone will be the same skill level, however how far off was it on your previous set? What areas do you struggle in and same for CPU. Its about getting your own tweaks based off how far +/- in your outlier areas. Now I'm still going to be testing these as a base. I will post more info and updates ASAP. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks for all the help guys, and we know who you are..
Old 09-22-2011, 01:06 PM   #69
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Just lost @ Cowboys, 17-20! I'm down 10-13 end of 3. I pinch blitz on a 3rd and 3, final play of 3rd. Orakpo finally breaks free and sacks Romo and dislocated Romo's elbow(l8r I find out he's out 4wks). So this is Kitna's game to lose, remember I'm down 3 end of 3rd.

I convert a 3rd & 1. Then Grossman throws 3 incompletes in a row, 3 and out on that set of downs. Banging my head bc I could've ran at least once on that series. Anyway, Kitna's play chart, play by play. Pass 18yds to Bryant, 16yds to Jones on a dump off, and it was off a PA pass. Got 2 of my defenders to fall for the fake handoff! Looked so realistic. Then Kitna gets conservative, quick screen to Ogletree -1. Sacked on 2nd and 11, and on 3rd and 19, handoff to Murray for 5 yds. Punt!

Next drive, I run for 16, 14, and then holding. Incmplt, 30yds to Armstrong down the seam! Sack on 1st and 10, then I find Moss on a medium drag running free bc Dallas brought the heat. 43 yds! Gus Johnson goes crazy! Td to take the lead for the 1st time all game!

5:45 left and I'm feeling pretty good, I mean its Kitna, not Romo. 1st and 10, 9yd rush Jones, 17yds Pass Bryant, 14 yd sideline Austin, sacked 7yd loss. Harris(slot 8yds sideline), Austin 6yds sideline, Austin drop. Big 3rd down stop for us! My next drive, 2yd run, 2yd run, Incmplt, and punt. That would be the drive that lost me the game. Next Dallas possession, 60yds down the seam to Austin, 29yds down other seam to Murray! Td! He beat Barnes off the line and I was in undercover 2, I was man pressing and they protected Kitna, and he just hit the open man in both passes, neither to the sidelines, opposite of previous drive, when they went 3&out. They made me pay for being more aggressive.

I still had 3 timeouts, and abt 1:30 left to go win but, I got selfish, and took a shot downfield and Jenkins takes it from Moss, Intercepted! Gus Johnson says. Turnover, and that should be the game. Grossman choked! Only int. Of the game comes on my final drive, just bc I forced a deep ball into 2 defenders, Moss was outplayed by M. Jenkins on that play, What's crazy is the adjusted to double Moss, when earlier they let him get a 43 td after catching them in a heavy blitz. So the CPU earned it by how the played down the stretch, sucks that I let Kitna do that. I shouldve played less agressive after the 1st pass they got on winning drive. Well 2-1 now. I will post game stats l8r, Just how the CPU performed w/o me feeling cheated. I mean it was 10-10 @ halftime. Final 17-20 CPU Cowboys hand me my 1st loss of season. My Skins 2-1. Win 1st 2 home games with these sliders, lost on the Road in this last game. Wow!

Last edited by dfos81; 09-22-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
5:45 left and I'm feeling pretty good, I mean its Kitna, not Romo.

You got that backwards. :P

You should have been worried. If it was Romo and not Kitna, then you could count on at least one mistake to seal the game
Old 09-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #71
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
You got that backwards. :P

You should have been worried. If it was Romo and not Kitna, then you could count on at least one mistake to seal the game
Yeah, your probably right lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 04:10 AM   #72
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
So far, you're about what Rex has done to this point. He's at 59.1% completion to start this year with 2 TDs, 2 INTs.
After 3 games now, Grossman has 4 tds 3ints, 79qb rating, 55%, and 6.3 avg. I'm so pumped every game now bc I know the CPU can make me look bad if I'm not focused. Now with these I'm really looking like Rex should. He will make say huh, and then he will make you say WOW! It's awesome!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »