Home

When does custom all-madden become all-pro

This is a discussion on When does custom all-madden become all-pro within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
When does custom all-madden become all-pro

I've heard it was something like 75 total points last year, meaning rushing sliders, passing, etc. had to be equal to 75 (25 acc, 25 pass block, 25 wr catch).

However I'm pretty certain that's not the case this year. Has anyone figured out what the total must be? I tweak my sliders and randomly I'll go from a tight game to a total blowout because the custom sliders revert to all-pro.

Normally people can tell based on the kicking meter - I can usually tell because the cpu qb starts lobbing passes on all pro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: When does custom all-madden become all-pro

In theory its the 75 points per group puts you at All-Madden.

I honestly think there might be something else going on under the hood though.

I would imagine the best policy would be to keep every human group at 75....And don't go under 50 for any AI line item and you'll be playing true all madden.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Its exactly like Madden 11. The kicking meter goes fast when you keep each category on 75 or lower and the kicking meter goes slower once you put each of the categories at 76-150.. Test it for yourself. The gameplay also changes.. I don't see anything different in gameplay from my sliders and default all-madden besides my sliders(black sliders) being harder.. I was blasting the CPU pretty bad on default all-madden.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10

If I boosted just my wr catching to 45 or 50 would I still be on all madden? I have all madden but I set all cpu skills to 25 but my wrs drop waaaay too many balls. If I could boost catching up I would be more than happy with how the game plays.

Last edited by MileHighSalute30; 09-14-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighSalute30
If I boosted just my wr catching to 45 or 50 would I still be on all madden? I have all madden but I set all cpu skills to 25 but my wrs drop waaaay too many balls. If I could boost catching up I would be more than happy with how the game plays.

Yes WRs drop a lot of balls with the catching on 25. If you boost the WR catching up to 45 you have to lower either the USER accuracy or pass blocking down the same amout you raised the catching too. For example something like this. 25+5+45=75 or 25+0+50=75, 15+15+45=75, 15+10+50=75. As long as you keep the USER total at 75 it will give you an All-Madden gameplay and the kicking meter will go fast just like it does on All-Madden. You're just ajusting an area like the catching that you feel isn't right but you also lowered another area to compensate.. I would recomend at least raising the CPUs INTs or Pass reaction to match your USER catching though..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #6
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10

If I can even boost it to 30 it may make passes being caught better. Denver has good pass catching wrs and tes, and I don't wanna make catching a sure thing, I want my guys to drop passes they never would have irl. I may lower pass blocking but also lower cpu pass rush to balance it out.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighSalute30
If I can even boost it to 30 it may make passes being caught better. Denver has good pass catching wrs and tes, and I don't wanna make catching a sure thing, I want my guys to drop passes they never would have irl. I may lower pass blocking but also lower cpu pass rush to balance it out.
The WR catching at 45 is the perfect spot IMO. The elite WRs show up big but the average WR will drop passes in traffic or when hit but will catch most wide open passes like they should.. Its a realistic spot. At 50 they hardly drop any passes. This is definitely an area I did a lot of testing in so trust me on this.

You can go with 30-0-45 and lower the CPUs pass rush to balance it but you can also raise the CPUs pass reaction and INTs to balance it out if you feel your pass game became too easy.. With those setting I would defintely put the CPUs pass reaction and INTs at least on 50 if I was you..

I also feel the same way about the USER INTs. 45 is the perfect spot for that slider too. Anything lower they drop too many picks especially on 25. You might wanna look into tweaking that around too if you feel your players drop too many INTs. The USER catching and the INTs are the 2 biggest issues on default all-madden. Everything else is playable..
Old 09-15-2011, 12:15 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0
So it doesn't matter what CPU totals are? They could technically be set to all zeroes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »