Home

whosnext00's Madden 12 Sliders ** including QBA chart

This is a discussion on whosnext00's Madden 12 Sliders ** including QBA chart within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #17
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: whosnext00's Madden 12 Sliders ** including QBA chart

Is this no switch defense/no leas passing?
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 09-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #18
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Is this no switch defense/no leas passing?
It's best to use the no switch rule, no lead passing.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #19
Rookie

Playing two games so far, there is disparity between good QB's and bad ones with the baseline sliders themselves.

I've played against Tarvaris Jackson and Alex Smith. Not saying Alex Smith is a good QB but he's better than Jackson and it's OBVIOUS of the talent difference.

Both games have been close. There is a lack of rushing YPC but it doesn't mean you can get sprang on if you blow a blocking assignment or just use brute speed or strength to chew up field.

Overall, INT's are a little bit high because the CPU will make the hard ones and blow the easy ones.

Will play more and give further feedback. These sliders make me enjoy Madden again. I had a nailbiter playing as the Rams vs. Seahawks. Lynch was beating me up, fella.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #20
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDWilliams85
Playing two games so far, there is disparity between good QB's and bad ones with the baseline sliders themselves.

I've played against Tarvaris Jackson and Alex Smith. Not saying Alex Smith is a good QB but he's better than Jackson and it's OBVIOUS of the talent difference.

Both games have been close. There is a lack of rushing YPC but it doesn't mean you can get sprang on if you blow a blocking assignment or just use brute speed or strength to chew up field.

Overall, INT's are a little bit high because the CPU will make the hard ones and blow the easy ones.

Will play more and give further feedback. These sliders make me enjoy Madden again. I had a nailbiter playing as the Rams vs. Seahawks. Lynch was beating me up, fella.
Really? I've yet to get more than 3 INTs total in a game, usually I get 0-2.

Glad you're enjoying the sliders. Please, keep giving feedback and box scores
Old 09-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #21
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Well, just player an ugly one . Me as jets versus the bucs. I won 28-7. Their only td came off a one ply drive That started inside my 10 after I forced a throw n it was picked off. That was in tr first QTR. I would like to give u stats but it says my total yards is 172.... But I rushed for 286 so uhhhh these r effed up dude basically tho the accuracy was way off for both sides.. I ran it down their throats as usual, n I'm getting tired of testing crap n wasting an hour per game to end up with 286 rushing yards. No offense to u, but idk what else to do
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #22
Rookie

Okay.

First off, I don't like posting box scores because I think stats are meaningless when you talk about the overall game experience which is what you're aiming for. Secondly, GOOD WORK to everyone who participated in building the baseline sliders. Gameplay is awesome.

The Good

In the three games I've played to completion, I've noticed that players will not magnet block or magnet grab on plays. They will play as far as the physics will let them. Meaning, you will not see Greg Jennings or Andre Johnson or whoever it is side-step five yards to make a grab. I'm loving it, actually. It will add realism when awareness and route running ratings come into play. Neither will blockers all of a sudden attach themselves to you when you're moving with the ball. Granted, they will disengage and attempt a tackle, but it will look fluid as because there is discernible movement from one place to the other. Doesn't look teleportation-ish.

Pass blocking is astounding. In the games I played, I did not give up any sacks that I didn't deserve. If I got blitzed without making adjustments, I usually either found myself flushed out or on the grass.

Quarterback play is also a good representation. On average, a QB will throw for roughly 60% which is what I got basically across all three games. There were wild throws and not so well placed balls, but that stems from ratings and movement by the QB.

All in all, from an offensive standpoint. It's not to easy to move the ball but not impossibly difficult either. I enjoyed dueling back and forth with the CPU for field position. It is truly a "fight for every yard."

Defensively, the CPU will make you pay regardless of who you are. Open zones, missed tackles, and missed assignments will equal big plays. That is something you can count on and it makes you more likely to make your own adjustments catered to how you're getting attacked. Which WILL happen.

Overall, know your opponent and it's something that will work well for you when you play games based on these sliders.

The Bad

Out of the box, you can't pile on yards on the ground. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when you're aiming to move the ball as such and getting stuffed for 2 or 3 yards a carry, it kinda drives you mad.

Turnovers. Enough said. I threw a minimum of 8 INT's in three games and fumbled at least once every game. It's an inspiration to make better decisions and better reads; however, AJ Hawk cannot springboard and make four picks in the same game in similar fashion. This aspect isn't something that can't be adjusted but it seems a little high. CPU will more than likely make an INT on a ball he shouldn't as well as the ones they should. Assuming I threw eight INT's, four of them were over the shoulder/out of reach/gravity defying. At least two were me being an idiot and forcing plays and the other two were very opportunity knocking at the door.

Inside run blocking is precarious at best. The two guards will more often than not pick up their block or engage their blocker. I found it best to use delays or draws that work out of the gun to get your five to seven yards per carry. Dives and similar plays will not work unless there is just a gaping hole in the middle of the field.

Offensively speaking, running the ball inside the tackles is good in short yardage situations but trick plays and delays will net you the most yards on the ground. Take your time. Make your reads and you may live to see another offensive down. If not, they will gut you and run.

Defensively speaking, the CPU controlled players will be out of position more than you'd like, but that's not always a bad thing. It's an attribute of intelligence and play recognition. The CPU does exploit matchups on all sides of the ball.

Overall

I give the sliders themselves an A because of the closeness of the games, parity and lack thereof, and the fun of playing. There is nothing that can't be changed with a tweak here and there regarding run blocking and turnovers, but overall the feel of the game shouldn't be changed beyond nothing subtle.

Dynamic Player Performance does throw a massive kink in the sliders because of the hold/cold nature to the player in question. If you get on Tom Brady early, he very well may make bad throws affecting his accuracy or his willingness to throw the ball at all. Same with receivers catching and DB's playing conservatively... it's just a really good and bad thing to have at the same time if you're looking for consistency in making gameplay tweaks.

Gone are the days of throwing for 400+ yards in a game unless you are absolutely trying to rack up the yards. 100 yards on the ground for one back isn't out of the question; however, not very likely depending on your opponent. Collectively, you could do it on a consistent basis. Game stats feel to be more accurately indicative of the person posting them. Romo may have a 250 yard day with an INT to boot and he may not. Tarvaris Jackson won't go King Kong on you and crush you all day long either.

Bottom line about DPP is that if you protect your studs and give them opportunity, they'll perform as they should. If not, your gameplan may have to adjust to give other players a chance to shine.

All in all, props to you for the work and testing. I enjoy these and I will use them for quite a while. The games are fun, nailbiting, and have their ups and downs. Momentum plays a huge factor just as it should and there are always a few surprises in the game.

Good work and nicely done! I recommend these to anyone looking for a good set to have a challenge posed to them.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #23
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

LOL at abov post.. Idk what set u used but take everything u said and I got the opposite.
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 09-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
LOL at abov post.. Idk what set u used but take everything u said and I got the opposite.
Who do you play as? How are your tactics?

If you cheese all game long, you'll post yards like that. As your typical Maddenite would cheese. Speed kills and it's all about match-ups.

But you saying that you can just demolish your opponents says one of two things: 1) You're a cheeser which I think is the case 2) You played against a weak run-opponent and DPP made it so easy for you tear off yards every down.

Either case, I think you're overestimating your skills as a player. Fatigue and DPP can attribute to a 280 yard outing if all you do is run and cheese.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »