Home

Why do all sliders involve lowering Ints

This is a discussion on Why do all sliders involve lowering Ints within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #49
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Why do all sliders involve lowering Ints

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
I have no idea how you guys can lower your QB accuracy slider and INCREASE CPU reaction time/ INT's and play on All Madden. User players will just drop every pass on All Madden with default settings, how can you lower the settings and increase the CPU settings? It's ridiculously frustrating to make good reads and good throws only to have the receiver drop the pass or not even realize the ball is coming in his direction.

Secondly, for anyone who says there aren't Superman Linebackers, you are flat out wrong. Linebackers on this game cover a tremendous amount of area and deflect passes that should be out of their range to defend. If you think that what happens in Madden is realistic in any way, then you must not watch or have ever played football. Most linebackers won't even leave their feet to deflect a pass, much less leap a foot into the air. I once had a linebacker jump and snatch the ball out of the air with one hand like it was a tennis ball or something.

Also, since the folks at EA have been slacking on the head-tracking feature, players will often make plays on passes that they aren't looking at. This obviously looks ridiculous when playing. I just came off a game where I threw seven...yes, SEVEN interceptions. I don't think I've ever thrown that many picks since I first started playing Madden many years ago. Of those seven picks, I would say that 3 were legit and the other 4 were the CPU doing ridiculous things, particularly their 69 rated MLB who had two picks.
Yes the game can be frustrating when illogical things happen. Ex. Sacks, ints, tfls, etc. In a, what I consider to be a high frequency. So much higher than simmed stats and what you see on Sundays.

So thats why I've introduced 2 different Allpro slider sets.
1. High difficulty Allpro( not quite All-Madden but still considered Allpro)

2. Medium difficulty(more on par w/ what I like inbetween Allpro&All-Madden)
And the fact the game just plays better closer to default 50 in most areas.
I've reduced all the outliers listed in Normal/Allpro/Realism slider thread.

So if you haven't found your set yet! Check out what these bring you.
Normal/Allpro/Realism.
I'm 4-3 so far using a closer to high-difficulty set and testing against the same teams multiple times.
Now I'm going to use the Medium Allpro difficulty to finish the season.
I was seeing some crazy good games by the CPU on the high difficulty level.

Lemme know your feedback, this is for all of us to enjoy M12. ; )
Old 09-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 6

I´m pretty sure that by lowering your the user tackling sliders, the CPU QB AI Improves. I was trying to make the AI Running game by lowering my tackling Sliders down to 10 and some how the AI Passing game has been unstoppable.

Before this adjustment, I have been pretty successfull stoping the pass but the last two games, the AI has torched me for more than 650 yards and 5 TDs.

Something is wrong with the Sliders...

BTW The Qbs were Cutler and Henne.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:34 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
I have no idea how you guys can lower your QB accuracy slider and INCREASE CPU reaction time/ INT's and play on All Madden. User players will just drop every pass on All Madden with default settings, how can you lower the settings and increase the CPU settings? It's ridiculously frustrating to make good reads and good throws only to have the receiver drop the pass or not even realize the ball is coming in his direction.

Secondly, for anyone who says there aren't Superman Linebackers, you are flat out wrong. Linebackers on this game cover a tremendous amount of area and deflect passes that should be out of their range to defend. If you think that what happens in Madden is realistic in any way, then you must not watch or have ever played football. Most linebackers won't even leave their feet to deflect a pass, much less leap a foot into the air. I once had a linebacker jump and snatch the ball out of the air with one hand like it was a tennis ball or something.

Also, since the folks at EA have been slacking on the head-tracking feature, players will often make plays on passes that they aren't looking at. This obviously looks ridiculous when playing. I just came off a game where I threw seven...yes, SEVEN interceptions. I don't think I've ever thrown that many picks since I first started playing Madden many years ago. Of those seven picks, I would say that 3 were legit and the other 4 were the CPU doing ridiculous things, particularly their 69 rated MLB who had two picks.

When I lowered the accuracy for the USER I also raised the USER catching so I wouldn't have to deal with those ridiculous and unrealistic amount of drops you get on default All-Madden. I have my USER catching at 45 which is the perfect spot for USERs. Anything under that results in a lot of drops.. I kept the USER total of that category at 75 to keep it at an All-Madden game play while in Custom.

I disagree with the superhuman LBs. Like I said you see it occasionally but it isn't no where near as bad as it use to be on past Maddens. They toned it down a whole lot to the point where I really don't see it anymore. Thats just me though..

I agree with you about the head tracking thing. Hopefully they fix that one year because it does look crazy. When I drop back to pass I just assume the DBs or LBs are looking back for the ball when they are covering WRs even though there not and it helps me with my reads because I know its a chance of a pick if I throw it in that area.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »