Home

Why do all sliders involve lowering Ints

This is a discussion on Why do all sliders involve lowering Ints within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2011, 02:26 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 19
Why do all sliders involve lowering Ints

Why does it seem that all the sliders involve lowering the CPU INT levels.
Doesnt lowering the INT's lower the risk/reward factor.
Doesnt it It also teach poor QB fundamentals.

Ive left the INTs at the default level, and have thrown alot of INTs, but most the INts are just poor judgement on my behalf, not reading the defense properly, throwing down field while scrambling in the opposite direction, lofting passes, instead of thrwowing darts, not leading the receivers correctly.

Isnt that what people want; a realistic challenge, something that penalizes you for dumb throwing decisions.

just a thought
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
Rookie

KBscholar's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why do all sliders involve lowering Ints

I would agree with that statement 100%.

The only thing that I don't like is how the CPU defenders sometimes morph for an INT, have eyes in the back of their head, and/or somehow accelerate past the (at the time) open WR, and pick off the ball. There needs to me more AI interaction between the WR and the defender, where sometimes the WR would act like a defender to break up the interception.

What I do to somewhat combat this, is adjust the CPU pass reaction sliders to 0, while keeping the INT slider at 50.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Not all sliders. My base set in red is on default 50 and my black sliders is on 100 for the CPU.. With how easy it is to pass on Madden you should pay for any mistake you make.. I always believed in that..
Old 09-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBscholar
The only thing that I don't like is how the CPU defenders sometimes morph for an INT, have eyes in the back of their head, and/or somehow accelerate past the (at the time) open WR, and pick off the ball. There needs to me more AI interaction between the WR and the defender, where sometimes the WR would act like a defender to break up the interception.
This is why I keep it lower.

I still throw/get picks, so it's not like INTs are gone. It just keeps it from being 4+ per game every game, which isn't realistic production. (64 INTs?)

Also keeps the super INTs down - or at least only the guys with real ball skills should have a chance at those kinds of INTs (defenders with high CTH, CIT, SPC, AWR)
Old 09-26-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover

I still throw/get picks, so it's not like INTs are gone. It just keeps it from being 4+ per game every game, which isn't realistic production. (64 INTs?)

Also keeps the super INTs down - or at least only the guys with real ball skills should have a chance at those kinds of INTs (defenders with high CTH, CIT, SPC, AWR)
I agree completely. Couldn't have said it better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
Rookie

xElway7x's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover

Agreed. I've seen way too many super human INTs to have it higher than what I have it.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #7
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

OVR: 23

As a player with god like vision it should be easier to pass, unlike NFL QBs we don't have big guy coming at us with intention to hurt us, or have at least 5 massive tall guys around us who let's us not have perfectly clear vision on the entire field. Its extremely hard nowadays for NFL corners to cover Wrs perfectly with all these pass happy rules. In madden you could force passes into a tight window and have pretty good result doing it while in reality NFL QBs are extra cautious about doing so because of the risk of it being intercepted. One int could put them on the bench and possibly lose their job. That's what I think is different from playing and game and that(quartebacking nfl) being your career that is supporting you and your family.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:04 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBscholar
What I do to somewhat combat this, is adjust the CPU pass reaction sliders to 0, while keeping the INT slider at 50.
That is the setup I prefer i have used INT at Default 50 most of the time. I think from a non super man standpoint the lower Reaction Time coupled with the higher INT slider makes defenders act more natural in coverage

Not all DB's are Deion Sanders who can cover like a blanket and stick to any WR step for step

What I noticed is that Reaction Time high basically makes WR route running irrelevant.

A guy can have 90 route running and not get any seperation on a DB because the Reaction slider has every DB step for step mirroring the route.

Some WR's don't get open because of speed they get open because of their ability to run routes....

This style might not be very difficult but i'd rather have players do things in a more natural way than the SUPER MAN man way. DB's and LB's should blow coverages from time to time especially if they don't have a very high Zone coverage rating or play recognition rating.

WR's who are good route runners should be able to get seperation based on that rating as opposed to EA's favorite speed rating attributes dominating the game.

There's a point where you want challenging sliders and then there's a point where you want players to take false steps and look natural on the field not being able to recover and make up for that false step 100% of the time

I prefer the latter even if it takes away from difficulty

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 09-27-2011 at 02:07 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »