Home

Big discovery for CPU vs CPU users! MUST READ!!!

This is a discussion on Big discovery for CPU vs CPU users! MUST READ!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2011, 10:16 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Big discovery for CPU vs CPU users! MUST READ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan66
So far, so good. 2 min left 3rd quarter PIT @ HOU and not one interception! Also worth noting, I started out controlling PIT, and they are getting trounced 29-3. So apparently the initially controlled user team does not always win. Sacks are still a little high still even with pass blocking @ 85. Perhaps a big comeback is on the way. Stay tuned . . .

Update:
PIT lost--sacked 10 times. Big Ben just kept holding the ball. HOU on fire. Is this typical? Now I started with an existing franchise file. Would this have an impact perhaps? Starting a new franchise to check.

Update 2:
Started new franchise with ATL control. Played first game with user controlled NO @ GB (CPU). Switched after kickoff return to CPU v. CPU. This time no sacks on opening drive for NO unlike what happened to PIT. Good game so far. Initial but perhaps hasty conclusion: this may not work with existing franchise files but certainly too early to tell.
I'll be honest, I literally stumbled upon this find early this morning. I went online downloaded the latest roster this morning and then started the franchise fresh. So you may be on to something with that. I wouldn't know as I've deleted all other franchises due to my frustration.

Here are the stats from the second game of the "new" franchise.

I left to go to my son's football game and let this game play out without supervision. This is what I returned to.

Steelers 29
Ravens 17

Notable leaders for both teams.

Roethlisberger 24 of 40 for 332yds 2td's no picks
Flacco 10 of 28 for 61yds 1td 0 picks

(thats right! 61yds lol! Not sure why but it is what it is)

Mendenhall 21 att. for 66yds 0td's
Rice 17 att. for 135yds 1td

H. Miller 4 rec. for 112 yds (I know its a TE but one catch was for 58yds)
Boldin 5 rec. 47yds 1td (Ridiculous I know but it could happen)

Sacks are out of control again.

Steelers 8
Ravens 3

Considering testing the pass blocking sliders at 100, no joke. If I can't fix it, even though I think I can, I'll settle for the ridiculous sacks now that I know I have turnovers under control.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:27 PM   #34
Rookie

I am on game 3 of the new franchise (week 1). I have all the settings the same as mentioned in my most recent post where its in full detail about how to set this up.

Bengals @ Browns

I've made one change, I put pass blocking all the way up to 100. Seeing what that will materialize.

I may do the next game after this. Just have to see how long this takes.

Outside of sacks being an issue still... I really like what is going on in terms of stats and scores. Let me know what you guys think if you're setting it up exactly the same way I did. Its imperative that you do it just like that or it will not work and the confusion will run rampant.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #35
Rookie

XNowOrNever85X's Arena

I played my game with the exact things you said to do and I got 3 picks by aaron rodgers and 2 picks by drew brees and 2 picks by rodgers in the 2nd half when they were winning 20-10 and 30-13 idk if this means anything im pretty sure i put everything in the right place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 11:24 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNowOrNever85X
I played my game with the exact things you said to do and I got 3 picks by aaron rodgers and 2 picks by drew brees and 2 picks by rodgers in the 2nd half when they were winning 20-10 and 30-13 idk if this means anything im pretty sure i put everything in the right place.
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not getting any of that. I'm not trying to lead you down a hopeless path. I'm not sure why you're having these issues. Did you restart and make a new franchise with this set up?

Its imperative you do exactly step by step what I've listed to make this work.

I sincerely mean that I'm not trying to lead you a stray. I'm on to something and others are seeing it too. Try again and maybe it will work out. I've honestly not seen an interception again in 3 games. 2 of which were played in downpours.

I'm not accusing you but something tells me you keep starting the game with the controller in the middle. That's the only way you could be getting this interception problem still. Not with this many games tested under my solution should you be having that issue.

You absolutely have to start the game with the controller on which ever team its sitting on in the beginning. You don't need two controllers. Only move it to the middle after the kick off.

If this last bit doesn't fix it for you, I don't know what to do for ya bro. I'm literally not seeing any of these issues regarding interceptions anymore.

Last edited by ZWbullseye; 09-28-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:05 AM   #37
Rookie

Final game test tonight...

Bengals 30
Browns 3

Dalton 20 of 35 for 290yds 0td's 0 int's
McCoy 12 of 25 for 136yds 0td's 1 int

Benson 29 att. 97yds 2td's
Hillis 20 att. 67yds 0td's

Green 5 rec. 103yds 0td's
Massaquoi 2 rec. 38yds 0td's

Sacks

Bengals 5
Browns 0

I'll continue testing tomorrow but so far the away team has won every game. Sadly, the controller has been on the away team at the start of every game. I still need to disprove this for sure by seeing the home team win at some point with the games started on the away side or I'm going to make duplicate profiles and use 2 controllers.

We'll just see what happens tomorrow. I like the stats quite a bit. Just going to keep grinding and chipping away at the stone.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:07 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

This absolutely works. What a nice find. I think one needs to start a new franchise.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:58 AM   #39
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

If your @ 100 pass blk and your still not happy with the sacks allowd, try lowering the pass rush slider down. Abt 35-40 to start. I need check what I have 40 pass rush vs. 74 pass blk. Like I've posted in my Normal/Allpro/Realism thread. Try to keep 50 default your measuring stick. So instead of moving 1 area all the way up or all the way down. I tend to like how the game plays within 25 clicks from my measuring stick(default 50). I just don't like what players act like watching replay after replay, when the sliders are above 75 or below 25.
Anyways, they are for user games. Now CPU vs. CPU try 74 pass blk vs. 40 pass rush.

Last edited by dfos81; 09-29-2011 at 04:40 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

Heya ZW! I played (watched) the GB vs NO game last night with your sliders in a new franchise. I am still seeing too many sacks (this was before you mentioned to change pass blocking to 100 though) and did have a total of 2 INTs. That was fine with me though. The thing that bothered me and seems to be bothering you was that the visiting team (Saints) won this game 28-20. Now trust me, I'm a huge football fan and do realize that the Saints could easily beat the Packers on any given day. I've watched this game probably about 10-12 times with different CPU vs CPU sliders and the Packers have won every single time up until I did what you mentioned to do this time (moving the visiting controller to the middle in the middle of the opening kickoff). Just weird, that is all. This does need a lot more testing, I just thought I'd mention it though. Let's keep up the good work and get these sliders nailed down for all of us CPU vs CPU junkies!!! Thanks!

BTW: After moving the fumble slider to 85 have you seen any fumbles? Just want to make sure this isn't too high. None in my first game.

- manooly

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »