Home

Big discovery for CPU vs CPU users! MUST READ!!!

This is a discussion on Big discovery for CPU vs CPU users! MUST READ!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #65
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Big discovery for CPU vs CPU users! MUST READ!!!

Another thing you may want to take note of for the 2-controller approach is that both Madden profiles needed to be absolutely identical in order for the sliders to take effect in Madden 11. Otherwise, the game defaulted to the nearest difficulty level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadia147
OK, I think I see where you guys are coming from; But I just want to be sure;

1) CPU vs CPU sliders have no effect unless controller begins game on one team or the other. In spectate only, Sliders are moot?
2) That we may need two controlers because computer only acknowledges the team sliders that has controller at kickoff?
And if there's only one controller, the game only uses sliders for that one team, creating an imbalance of play for the other team?
If this is true, then a lot of us have wasted a lot of time trying sliders that didnt register.
Yes, cpu sliders and player sliders have no effect over a game when started with the controller positioned in the middle.

No, you only need 1 controller to successfully get the sliders to work. It has nothing to do with 2 controllers making both teams play correctly. The game plays correctly with just 1 profile regardless of what other people want to think. There is another theory that if you start the game with the controller on a certain team, that team will only benefit from the user sliders. Absolute ridiculous accusation. I'm seeing generally the same play style for both teams under this discovery.

The initial reason I wanted to employ a 2nd controller was because I was afraid after several games started with the controller placed on a certain team, that team would win every game. This has since been disproved. I've seen 3 out of my last 7 games won at home with the controller on the away side at the start.

So, the idea you'll want to use is to set up the sliders the way you want the game to play, and then start the game with a controller on a team. Doesn't matter which one either. Once the ball has been kicked off, switch it to the middle and the cpu vs cpu is now forced to accept your personal sliders for both cpu skill and player skill.

This method tricks the computer into thinking that a human is playing and has to account for the sliders. There is a difference in the AI when you play it physically when it comes to sliders. You can change things while playing and literally see it take effect. If you start a game with just the controller in the middle of the team select and make it spectate as the menu say's, you can change the sliders to your hearts content and I personally guarantee you that the cpu will not acknowledge your adjustments. You may think it did 1 game out of 7 or 8 but I personally guarantee you that more often than not, the cpu plays its own style of game when left on spectate.

If you're like me and have a vendetta against interceptions, reduce the interception slider to 0 as part of your profile slider settings. I have seen 9 interceptions total in 17 games. Only 1 game had 2 interceptions in it.

Do this, make that profile just as I suggested. use the sliders you want but definitely reduce interceptions to 0. Leave pass reaction and pass rush at 50. Don't reduce pass accuracy or increase it. Don't decrease and increase pass catching. Play a game with this method where the controller is on a team at the start and the switch it after the ball has been kicked and in mid air. I promise you, interceptions will be all but non-existent. I'm not saying they shouldn't be in the game, I just set out to see if I targeted just those, if I could make a difference with my theory and it actually worked for once. I'll eventually find where the sweet spot is to get interceptions but at least I know I solved the initial problem.

After you watch that game. Don't select a team and let the controller be in the middle at the start of the game and I promise you it will be an interception fest 3 out of 5 games. Bet on it!

Also, make sure you're testing all of your games in franchise. Not play now.

One last thought, my version is for literally owning because owner have nothing to do with how games are played out on the field. they improve the team but do not coach them. If you want to dig in deeper and be a owner/wannabe coach, (which defeats the purpose of watching/owning IMO) either coach it physically or have fun setting up 32 coaching game plans and garbage like that, prohibiting the cpu teams from using their own logic.

I know this is a lot but hopefully this helps.

Last edited by ZWbullseye; 09-29-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #67
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadia147
OK, I think I see where you guys are coming from; But I just want to be sure;

1) CPU vs CPU sliders have no effect unless controller begins game on one team or the other. In spectate only, Sliders are moot?
2) That we may need two controlers because computer only acknowledges the team sliders that has controller at kickoff?
And if there's only one controller, the game only uses sliders for that one team, creating an imbalance of play for the other team?
If this is true, then a lot of us have wasted a lot of time trying sliders that didnt register.
I'm not having to use the user controller switch bc I didn't dl the updates/patches. I am getting good results w/ the sliders I put on the previous pg. Anyway with updates I see its working for you guys, good info guys. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:08 PM   #68
Rookie

One other thing to the people that are trying to use 2 controllers because they believe the game won't accept the sliders for both teams if there is only one profile and on and on.

I know this for a fact. If I play the game, physically play the game, I can't play the game against myself. If I play the game, I set up sliders for how I want the cpu to play against me and for how my player sliders will help or prohibit me. It is accepted and accounted for. I can change multiple things in that game and it will materialize, as long as I'm playing.

My question to you guys is, "If you can only play against the cpu with one controller and you change sliders for the cpu and you see it materialize on the field but yet, you're not user controlling the cpu team, why in the hell would you convince yourself that two controllers need to be used to get the cpu to acknowledge the sliders for itself when you already know it will play out your sliders if you were physically playing against it?" I dunno. I guess my point is, the sliders are accounted for when you place them and play against the cpu. If the cpu thinks you're actually playing by using my trick, the cpu has to acknowledge the cpu sliders you gave it because it thinks you're playing. Sorry, but its true.

Hate to be the buzz kill but I've already proven this by using interception depletion as my target goal, oh and using only one controller. If I were so off, then the user controlled started team would benefit while the opposite team would throw them. This hasn't happened in 10 games coached and 19 games watched. After 29 games in two days with this trick, turns out, I'm right.

To clarify, total of 11 interceptions in 29 games. Only 1 game had 2 in it.

Last edited by ZWbullseye; 09-29-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:17 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWbullseye
I've already proven this by using interception depletion as my target goal, oh and using only one controller. If I were so off, then the user controlled started team would benefit while the opposite team would throw them.
Sarcasm notwithstanding, this statement is true.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan66
Sarcasm notwithstanding, this statement is true.
That and its also worth mentioning that I don't believe player sliders have truly anything to do with it on the user controller. Its simply getting the cpu to do what you want it to do by placing the cpu sliders how you think it should play and then using the controller on a team at team select and starting the game to get both teams to become those cpu sliders once you move the controller back to the middle.

My point is, since I know I've defeated the interception problem, realistically what happens when you move the controller to the middle after the kickoff is that now both teams start thinking they're the cpu because no human controller is present. There in is the case that the sliders went into effect the moment the game was started with a controller on a team. Once moved to the middle, both teams take on this slider AI. So essentially, you only need to adjust cpu sliders I'm sure.

Its just the way it is.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:51 PM   #71
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWbullseye
If you want to dig in deeper and be a owner/wannabe coach, (which defeats the purpose of watching/owning IMO) either coach it physically or have fun setting up 32 coaching game plans and garbage like that, prohibiting the cpu teams from using their own logic.
It actually has nothing at all to do with coaching. If you took the time to actually look at the CPU's own logic in their GamePlans and Playbooks, then you would instantly see why the game lacks so much realism and strategy.

Tiburon simply has ignored the AI controlled teams and the playbook strategies being used are nothing like what we see on Sundays and most of the play rankings defy sound logic.

The GamePlans are used to ensure teams play like their real-life counterparts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
It actually has nothing at all to do with coaching. If you took the time to actually look at the CPU's own logic in their GamePlans and Playbooks, then you would instantly see why the game lacks so much realism and strategy.

Tiburon simply has ignored the AI controlled teams and the playbook strategies being used are nothing like what we see on Sundays and most of the play rankings defy sound logic.

The GamePlans are used to ensure teams play like their real-life counterparts.
Sooner or later those players retire and so do the coaches. Can't always stay 2012. I'm happy with the stats and that's really all I'm looking for. Well, that and reducing the exaggerated interceptions and sacks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »