Home

Dfos81 Team Slider Concept

This is a discussion on Dfos81 Team Slider Concept within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2011, 02:06 AM   #17
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Dfos81 Team Slider Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Dude everyone will have different versions of rosters... It won't be applicable to everyone.. A formula like this one will work for everyone, every season.. I wasted 3 hours earlier going through positions .. Not worth it.. U can do it so much simpler the way the op of this thread has it.. Not trying to tale the wind outta ur sails.. Just saving u time and frustration lol
Bingo, this is for teams to show more realism based off their ratings.
It literally takes 10mins to adjust sliders in game b4 kickoff.
Once you got the formula down, you can have these adapt to any roster.

Now some may think an overall league avg. Is the way to go. I just belive that would water down the individualism of each team. Like playing all 25s, 50s, or 75s. You would see the similar CPU tendencies every game. Which makes for a stale game. No replay value in knowing everygame the CPU is going to this, this, and that, etc.

I like how these brought an individualism and realism that I would say has been lacking.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:11 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
This has been the #1 most elusive thing to me in Madden.

Hopefully, this will open the door to things like you mention here and keeping the CPU Completion % up/INT % down.
I think the answer is to stabalize the QBA slider on the lower end for the CPU.....

On the higher end you can use change the accuarcy because it's much higher and that's the only way to seperate QB's IMO

on the lower end because your going to get more off target throws than you would when playing the CPU up high it appears you can simply find a base set fro all QB's and the scrubs will play like scrubs and the better QB's will play solid.

So when i 1st started the avg accuarcy rating on the default rosters was 78 for the entire league.....

Someone else avg it out to 82 for the just starters....but i think because players get injured at QB it's best to use the entire league avg.

On the lower end QBA would be 22 same as it is right now in my thread...so if the CPU is at 22 and I stay with the 100 total value for their passing game then the WR catch slider would be locked in at 78 or a value that reflects the CPU QB's ability

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-03-2011, 02:14 AM   #19
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzzzz
dfos81, you should do a team for a example, even know you explained what to do, if you show the results we can follow suit from there, because if not, this thread will turn into playmakers with all the confusion, because this idea just maybe will save the game thanxs.
If they have questions read pg 1. Its simple but effective.

Only areas that are lowend ratings,
1. Both player & CPU Qba
2. Passblk & Runblk on player side. CPU gets Highend.

Lowend: meaning ie. Ovr is say 77, well to get to 100 max. + 23. Take lowend # 23 for just these areas.
All other areas are Highend.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:43 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
If they have questions read pg 1. Its simple but effective.

Only areas that are lowend ratings,
1. Both player & CPU Qba
2. Passblk & Runblk on player side. CPU gets Highend.

Lowend: meaning ie. Ovr is say 77, well to get to 100 max. + 23. Take lowend # 23 for just these areas.
All other areas are Highend.
that sounds simple to me and you....

But trust me you'll get the same questions over and over again even if you leave notes on the Front page.

I think my thread was confusing only because notes that were left always got skipped over....they will see numbers but they won't see notes left next to the numbers LOL!

Someone was being funny the other day saying i should create a FAQ

That might be the only way this idea could work if someone just walks into the thread and don't read a darn thing you suggest LOL!

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-03-2011, 02:56 AM   #21
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

On the higher end you can use change the accuarcy because it's much higher So when i 1st started the avg accuarcy rating on the default rosters was 78 for the entire league.....

Someone else avg it out to 82 for the just starters....but i think because players get injured at QB it's best to use the entire league avg.

On the lower end QBA would be 22 same as it is right now in my thread...so if the CPU is at 22 and I stay with the 100 total value for their passing game then the WR catch slider would be locked in at 78 or a value that reflects the CPU QB's ability
These are for teams to show more realism based off their ratings. It literally takes 10mins( w/ a calculator) to adjust sliders in game b4 kickoff. Once you got the formula down, you can have these adapt to any roster.

Now some may think an overall league avg. Is the way to go. I just belive that would water down the individualism of each team. Like playing all 25s, 50s, or 75s. You would see the similar CPU tendenciesevery game.Which makes for a stale game. No replay value in knowing everygame the CPU is going to this, this, and that, etc.

I like how these brought an individualism and realism that I would say has been lacking.

The CPU just didn't seem to give me what I felt they should've when testing league wide avgs.
For ex. I don't want the wr ctch to be 66 when the team I'm facing avgs an 80.
They are too easy when using league wide avgs.

These are designed to give ea. Team individualism and not water them down to league avgs.
I know must everybody wants to have 1 slider set that gives the best results, in theory that sounds great. Then you play and test it and they are too easy. Now if you guys want an avg. Slider based off league wide avgs. Well I would like to see how hard the CPU is when watered down. Just mho.

Enjoy the individualism and realism w/ Team sliders and then play them again w/ league wide avgs and tell me the difference, and be honest.

Last edited by dfos81; 10-03-2011 at 03:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 03:02 AM   #22
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
that sounds simple to me and you....

But trust me you'll get the same questions over and over again even if you leave notes on the Front page.

I think my thread was confusing only because notes that were left always got skipped over....they will see numbers but they won't see notes left next to the numbers LOL!

Someone was being funny the other day saying i should create a FAQ

That might be the only way this idea could work if someone just walks into the thread and don't read a darn thing you suggest LOL!
Lol I got ya, then I will or others hopefully would reply, read pg. 1 I'm adding some notes for lowend vs. Highend now lol. Thanks PM for inducing this slider concept. It's going to be a fun franchise for me lol!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #23
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Can't wait try this later!
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 10-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #24
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Bout to play Dolphins, I will post some gameplay info l8r on today.

I know my last game was very realistic and competitve. Final was Skins(me) 20 vs. 49ers 19
I ended winning w/ a blk fg on the 9ers. They ran the clock down and would've won w/o that late block fg.

I posted some other thoughts on it in the Normal/Allpro/realism thread.

Basically the best I've felt the game has played ever for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »